• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Developers: shame on you!

DeletedUser17492

To the game designers:
I wonder why you are doing this... I've come to a conclusion that in the current event (Winter Magic, 2019) the "random" quests are not entirely random. At least the different quests do not have the same odds.

In the previous event we suffered from repeatedly getting the same quests and having to produce or research or whatever again and again. This makes sense when it is intended, so one cannot stockpile and shot down the quests so easily, but it only makes sense in moderation. When it happens for the fifth time in about eight quests, it starts being annoying and it really ruins the experience.

I didn't even come to the forum regarding this issue the last time, but a friend told me that it was announced that this was fixed for the current event; there will be no repeating quests. BS! The way you guys "fixed" this is almost worse than it was. There are two ways the developers "fixed" this issue, which actually shows that this is not an unlucky happenstance, but a planned nuisance built in intentionally.

Here is how this was "fixed":
1) the quests don't "repeat" because there is a throw-away quest in between. In other words, they don't repeat back-to-back, but every second quest is *essentially* the same
2) the word "essentially" in the previous "fix" is emphasized, because the other "clever" way this was "fixed" is that now there are several quests asking us to do essentially the same thing, but they are worded differently: "Produce x amount of basic goods", "produce x number of the 3hr task of your basic good production", "produce x number of the 9hr task of your basic good production"...

But what is truly revealing about this is that these differently worded quests that ask you to do the same are actually on a cycle. I get them on every second or third quests, but I get them in order!! Do you know how likely it is that happens? It is already pretty unlikely that this would happen once (say a cycle of ~12-15 quests in which every 2nd or 3rd is one of those listed under #2 above, but that they would repeat in the exact same order), but it keeps happening. The way I noticed this was that I realized that I knew which quest is coming! And not because I tried to guess, but because it has been repeating so much that my brain learned the pattern. So, this is telling me that this "fix" is a deliberate attempt to make the quests unnaturally hard. I get the idea to make the quests hard, but this really ruins the game, so I beg you to reconsider your decision. And, in any case, shame on you for doing this behind the scenes machination!

ps: By the way, how is it possible that we only see quests that take a long time to finish repeat (on every other turn) but not those like "produce beverages x number of times" or "give neighbourly help x number of times". These all point to those "random" quests being not random at all...

Last edited by a moderator:

Matrickz

Agreed. Neighbors help is rare. I keep getting the open province or gain 5 enchants gain 331k supplies over and over