• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Developers Working on Scroll Solution

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
show ignore.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
See how interacting with some forum users is simply not a positive experience? Do it too often and you'll end up not only losing the desire to participate in a particular discussion but (like Ashrem and a few others) you'll be turned off completely.
There is another option...
show ignore.png

shimmerfly

WHy is it the same person keeps upsetting this forum on countless threads.
Already causing some players to leave and getting away with it.

Last edited:

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
The real problem is an unwillingness to adjust by learning another aspect of the game -- real open trading. Letting the devs tell you what your goods are worth is handicapping you and causing, I believe, a lot of players to keep on believing a 1 star trade for scrolls, or a 3 star trade to get crystal/silk for scrolls is "unfair" and therefore to avoid them.
If you'd like to pursue this idea, you are more than welcome to add it to the ideas and suggestions forum, but I do ask that you not hijack threads to try and push this. We have the suggestions thread specifically to avoid going off topic like this.

To address a few other comments here, the developers are very aware that Scrolls are imbalanced. We have already requested a change to the goods offered by the Moonstone Library set, and have been told that it is not likely to happen, but there is a possibility of new sets offering different goods getting added to the prizes. This is one of many ideas floating around, so please don't take anything as a promise, but it really does not seem that you'll see the production of the current set change.

Last edited:

BQwer

but there is a possibility of new sets offering different goods getting added to the prizes
oh no no no no assuming that you would have one for elixer crystal gems and silk which are the remaining tiers not changed by the moonstone this would be so sad for trading this of all options (excluding doing nothing) this is the worst.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
oh no no no no assuming that you would have one for elixer crystal gems and silk which are the remaining tiers not changed by the moonstone this would be so sad for trading this of all options (excluding doing nothing) this is the worst.
Plus the only REAL way to balance it would be to give unlimited new sets for a while and then take them away.
Then all players who were around for all 3 sets would not only be balanced, but they'r never even need to trade again! Yay /sarcasm
Of course everyone who missed out on 1 or more set would be double or triple screwed.

I think for the health of the game a change for all goods-producing buildings to produce boost +0 would be great.
#MakeTradingMatterAgain

BQwer

also right now i have 1 moonstone set but i will probably (if they are in the spire) be able to get more then one of the possible new ones so that's another imbalance

Clusseau

OMG.. my first visit to this thread... too much to read.
Soggy has suggestions that solve or Address the Problem.... ajqrtz objects to all of them.. samo samo...

I have 12 or 16.. or whatever.. libraries.
Looking ahead at Mana requirements, libraries and their sets will GROW in importance.
Current glut of Scrolls, Biz, MUST be addressed. It simply isnt fair to those producers.

Soggy has some good ideas- but really, almost Anything would help (Alot!)
It MUST be addressed... at least a Little.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
If you'd like to pursue this idea, you are more than welcome to add it to the ideas and suggestions forum, but I do ask that you not hijack threads to try and push this. We have the suggestions thread specifically to avoid going off topic like this.

To address a few other comments here, the developers are very aware that Scrolls are imbalanced. We have already requested a change to the goods offered by the Moonstone Library set, and have been told that it is not likely to happen, but there is a possibility of new sets offering different goods getting added to the prizes. This is one of many ideas floating around, so please don't take anything as a promise, but it really does not seem that you'll see the production of the current set change.

Thats the worst solution possible,

I do not understand why the developers are so hesitant to change the output to a bonus good. they have done it for other buildings in the past.
Adding "new sets" only creates more issues, like people being able to ignore the market altogether.

I do own an "old set" that does just that, I maybe go onto the tier 1 market once a year to balance some goods? not because I need it but because it looks better in my inventory of goods.

Why is the "best solution" ignored for so long now? havent we schreamed hard enough for it to reach there ears?

Crow Last Elf

Why is the "best solution" ignored for so long now?

I wonder if the developers wanted to see if scroll players would build event buildings that offered T2 in response to having devalued scrolls - the Gingerbread Mansion and some of the Air Trader buildings. Those buildings helped scroll players and anyone with a slow trading neighbourhood.

edited to add: The game presents challenges in various ways, I wonder if once this problem arose, the developers deliberately said, "let's find a novel way of solving it"

Last edited:

NightshadeCS

I am boosted in scrolls and have the Gingerbread mansion. It gives me all three tier 2 goods, so I am not understanding what that does to the imbalance? Or how it would combat it.

I also have the Air Traders set sitting in inventory, as I thought it might be something fun to put out and look at when I have nothing better to do. Quick math shows that if I had the entire set out, I would be collecting 2-3 times as many scrolls from that set as crystal and silk. I guess I could leave out the Main Docks building (which is providing the scrolls), but I don't know how that would affect all the bonuses for connections. If I lost a bonus level, then silk and crystal collections would be about 4000, while my Moonstone Library is still pumping out 7500 scrolls.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
I am boosted in scrolls and have the Gingerbread mansion. It gives me all three tier 2 goods, so I am not understanding what that does to the imbalance? Or how it would combat it.

I also have the Air Traders set sitting in inventory, as I thought it might be something fun to put out and look at when I have nothing better to do. Quick math shows that if I had the entire set out, I would be collecting 2-3 times as many scrolls from that set as crystal and silk. I guess I could leave out the Main Docks building (which is providing the scrolls), but I don't know how that would affect all the bonuses for connections. If I lost a bonus level, then silk and crystal collections would be about 4000, while my Moonstone Library is still pumping out 7500 scrolls.
It does nothing agains the imbalance but gives you an alternative source for silk and crystal you can't get any other way.

Crow Last Elf

>ScrollsScr PlyrSil PlyrCry Plyr<ScrollsScr PlyrSil PlyrCry Plyr
Manu+35 Scr+35 Sil+35 CryManu0+35 Sil+35 Cry
Moonstone+10 Scr+10 Scr+10 ScrMoonstone+10 Scr+10 Scr+10 Scr
Trade-10 Scr
+5 Sil
+5 Cry
+5 Scr
-20 Sil
+15 Cry
+5 Scr
+15 Sil
-20 Cry
GingerM+5 Scr
+5 Sil
+5 Cry
End Result35 Scr
5 Sil
5 Cry
15 Scr
15 Sil
15 Cry
15 Scr
15 Sil
15 Cry
Air Trader/
Trav Merch
+10 Sil
+10 Cry
Trade-15 Sil
+15 Cry
+15 Sil
- 15 Cry
End Result15 Scr
15 Sil
15 Cry
10 Scr
20 Sil
15 Cry
10 Scr
15 Sil
20 Cry
As a scroll producer, my concern is the demand for scrolls so that I can trade for the silk/crystal I need.
The left side of the chart is how I see the situation if I manufacture scrolls and trade for silk/crystal.
If I can achieve the right side of the chart, I can control access to silk/crystal and I make scrolls more scarce.
I havent worked out how inefficient the right side would be. Im also assuming that I dont need the main dock and can create full links in the air trader set with the other pieces or use travelling merchants.
I'll be between chapters (10/11) soon so I'll try it out with Traveling Merchants unless I don't need to if Inno fixes the problem before then.

ellybear

I honestly thought the scrolls excess issue had already been posted on the ideas and suggestions forum. This is not the first or only thread I've read about the problem with scrolls excess and how it hurts scrolls boosted players.

Edit: I'm not new to the game but new to the forum and rarely ever post. I had to poke around the forum to find the thread again: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/adjust-spire-set-goods-output.24466/

Last edited:

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
I honestly thought the scrolls excess issue had already been posted on the ideas and suggestions forum. This is not the first or only thread I've read about the problem with scrolls excess and how it hurts scrolls boosted players.

That comment was directed at a specific suggestion that was off topic, not to this particular thread.