• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Devs got out of hand. Cost for upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3640

I was kinda happy that we finally got "fix" for premium buildings and an option to upgrade them, until I got to the next chapter.....

What the hell? I'm not a religious person myself, but greed is one of the seven deadly sins, you know.....

I bought my magic residences in chapter VI for 750 diamonds each. Now, in chapter VII, they cost 870, which is fine by me, perfectly acceptable cost adjustment.

Now, here's the thing: cost for an upgrade is 320 diamonds(!!!), instead of 120. So, 200 diamonds extra.

May I ask, why I'm forced to pay extra 200 diamonds? Because I already spent money and have no other options? Or because I spent money in the first place? What will happen when I'll get to chapter VIII, will upgrade cost around 2k diamonds (by using math devs use)? Wood elves?.....

Untitled.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

P.S. Posting this in a "bug" section, because I really hope that this is another bug and was not direct intention of devs.

DeletedUser2870

I noticed the cost of the upgrades myself.
I spent the last diamonds I had on upgrading several. The rest will be stuck where they are. The original price already is pretty steep, but the cost of the upgrade is certainly a sign of unmitigated greed.
Seems the teams in charge of Inno's prices think real money just magically appears. Or they have a Scrooge McDuck fetish and dream of warehouses filled with money so they can literally swim in it.

Heymrdiedier

I bought my magic residences in chapter VI for 750 diamonds each. Now, in chapter VII, they cost 870, which is fine by me, perfectly acceptable cost adjustment.

Now, here's the thing: cost for an upgrade is 320 diamonds(!!!), instead of 120. So, 200 diamonds extra.

i dont get the problem, instead of buying a magis residence for 870 diamonds, you now only have to pay 320, soo thats a discount of 550 diamonds.
how could you expect that the price would be the difference between the 2 prices, that doesnt make sense to me at all, and im not a marketeer.

To be honest i kinda expected inno to put a price of around 700 on it wich would have ment a discount of 170 diamonds, so to me it feels like a very good deal.

You can maybe try to get a blueprint to upgrade if you think the price is too high. I kind of expect them to be rewards of the chrismas event, tho i havent checked yet.

DeletedUser3640

i dont get the problem, instead of buying a magis residence for 870 diamonds, you now only have to pay 320, soo thats a discount of 550 diamonds.

And if I'd buy them just now, I'd be saving 200 diamonds. Soooo, now you get the problem?

how could you expect that the price would be the difference between the 2 prices, that doesnt make sense to me at all, and im not a marketeer.

It's a common sense, and...ugh..basic math. But you can try to argue the point how it doesn't make sense.

DeletedUser2870

It is not replacing a building, it's an upgrade. There is a substantial difference.
And take a look at the difference in cost between replacing and upgrading. One would wonder if it's not going to be cheaper to buy them, NOT upgrade them for 2 or 3 chapters but instead replace them by that time.
Bad marketing strategy.

DeletedUser3640

One would wonder if it's not going to be cheaper to buy them, NOT upgrade them for 2 or 3 chapters but instead replace them by that time.

Hahaha... didn't think of that myself. Waiting for several chapters seems the way to go now. Seriously.

DeletedUser51

This is actually not bug and is by design. Its much less expensive to upgrade a Magic Building/Magic Workshop then to delete them and rebuild like you would need to do for a premium culture building for a higher output.

:)

DeletedUser3640

Its much less expensive to upgrade a Magic Building/Magic Workshop then to delete them and rebuild

Is it? For how many chapters? If it's like that from the beginning, then it's just not true mathematically, and if it's not - then it's just a scummy move to force people pay more money later on or sell everything they paid for (good set of choices we get).

It's going to cost me more than 100$ to upgrade (key word - upgrade) every premium building I have, after I'll get to the next chapter - even more. Good fix, really fixed an issue *slow clap*.

I guess it's over for me then. Too scummy. Too greedy. Here I thought I'm in fairies now, but evidently I'm in dwarfs for eternity. Not paying extra for just an option to advance.

DeletedUser51

Well, if you purchased and then deleted for each chapter it would become quite expensive and cost much more than the upgrade cost. With the upgrade option you simply get the continual benefits of the building without the cost of a completely new building every level.

Many players would prefer to not have to delete, lose all of the initial cost and then pay again to rebuild once they have a premium building so we gave them an option.

DeletedUser3640

Well, if you purchased and then deleted for each chapter it would become quite expensive and cost much more than the upgrade cost.

Please, give us here a list of upgrade cost for each chapter. I just want a good laugh, see if total cost for upgrades over all chapters won't exceed the cost of completely new building, and then decide whether or not to leave this game.

Of course, there are still blueprints as an option....but if devs act like such price for an upgrade is an actual fix to an issue, then one can surely assume that blueprints will be either impossible to get, or they will essentially cost just as much.

so we gave them an option.

Do I have an option to get a refund then, sell every premium building I have, build like 15 stupid snails? Because, you see, my expectations were that fix is going to be actual "fix", and that it won't be based on devs greed, but rather on devs providing enjoyable gaming experience. Hopefully you won't disagree that expecting a fair attitude towards paying part of the playerbase is quite reasonable.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Looks like some of the cost is because we don't have the blueprints yet and it is adding more on because of that as well. Guess we will have to wait again to see how to get them and how much the cost is after we do!

DeletedUser4818

I can see Reiq's perspective in that I still have some level one Magics. The cost to go up one level each is 320. My other magics cost me new 330 and 350 receptively and are level 3s. So two upgrades to catch up is 640 each. I happened to be of the opinion that I have waited this long, I can wait until 1.19 to figure out what my next move will be (i.e. Sir Squirrel). But I am very inclined to do away with them if it does not seriously reduce the cost. If I was expected to buy one every so many chapters, then the only real benefits would be initial chapters. I say this because as of right now I am well established and do not really need them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3640

I still have some level one Magics. The cost to go up one level each is 320.

Wait what? Are you saying that upgrade cost from lvl 1 to lvl 2 is 320 as well?

If that's the case, then we just figured out the price for blueprint (as of now). Each upgrade 320 diamonds, each upgrade 1 blueprint... 1 blueprint = 320 diamonds. Hopefully we'll be able to get blueprints in multiple ways... but knowing Inno, I'll call that it's going to be something like in summer solstice event... 10-15% chance to get them among other useless stuff that will have like 50% chance :rolleyes:

DeletedUser2870

This is actually not bug and is by design. Its much less expensive to upgrade a Magic Building/Magic Workshop then to delete them and rebuild like you would need to do for a premium culture building for a higher output.

:)

Yes, if done each chapter.
But since a magical workshop outperforms the regular one that's maxed out in the next chapter it would not be needed to do so each chapter.
Actually, buy one in for instance chapter 3. Then it will produce more than your regular one that's upgraded to the max of chapter 4 and even partly so in chapter 5.
Delete and build again in chapter 6. That still gives more supplies AND is cheaper in diamonds.

I have no idea what happens if you upgrade 2 chapters later. Will it be upgraded directly to the new chapter? (as in the example above would it go from lvl 3 to lvl 6 in a single upgrade?)If that is the case that would be better of course, but knowing Innogames it won't.

All in all it's bad marketing strategy. The initial cost already is very high, but may be worth it. However, the cost of the upgrade makes it a rip-off deal. It's much more interesting for players to pay an even (lightly) higher original cost but a much lower upgrade cost (like 100 diamonds each time). That way people will not feel ripped off when the upgrade and that in turn makes it much more likely that they will buy diamonds to do so.

But since it's not a bug it can only be the reflection of the little green monster (greed) of the dev-team or the sales-team, who seem to think masses of people will mortgage themselves and their homes to play this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4818

Wait what? Are you saying that upgrade cost from lvl 1 to lvl 2 is 320 as well?

If that's the case, then we just figured out the price for blueprint (as of now). Each upgrade 320 diamonds, each upgrade 1 blueprint... 1 blueprint = 320 diamonds. Hopefully we'll be able to get blueprints in multiple ways... but knowing Inno, I'll call that it's going to be something like in summer solstice event... 10-15% chance to get them among other useless stuff that will have like 50% chance :rolleyes:

Yes as of right now it is 320 diamonds for lvl 1 to lvl 2 (residence) and 320 more for lvl 2 to lvl 3 (workshop).

DeletedUser2870

If one really only gets one lvl for that amount of diamonds it is a complete rip-off deal. (hmmm...come to think on it, I predicted it would be).
So people wanting to go for them should just place them and then replace them a few chapters later. Much cheaper and still more efficient than the regular ones.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
It should be noted that buying a magical res in Chapter 6, and upgrading it later in chapter 7 means that you got the benefit of having one through 2 chapters, so it should be more expensive than just buying it in chapter 7.

I'm not saying 320 is the perfect price, but 870-750 =120 isn't fair either.

DeletedUser2870

I disagree there. The original cost is rather steep, so one should expect quite something for that. And in this case, one actually does get something for it that (in my eyes) makes it worth the purchase.
And once bought, it is only logical that one has the benefit for the rest of the chapters. So no, I feel the upgrade price is way out of touch with reality.

DeletedUser3640

It should be noted that buying a magical res in Chapter 6, and upgrading it later in chapter 7 means that you got the benefit of having one through 2 chapters

7-6 =1 ?

Yes as of right now it is 320 diamonds for lvl 1 to lvl 2 (residence) and 320 more for lvl 2 to lvl 3 (workshop).

That's unbelievable. So total cost for a single magic residence, if you're getting it at lvl 1.....is 2850 diamonds (initial cost of 290 + all upgrades 320*8...). Good that I have 40 of them.... so happy right now.

DeletedUser51

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread as it is 'bug thread'. Please feel free to link it and move this conversation over to General Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.