• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Diamond Purchase Protest - Changes to Lighthouse & Bell Tower AWs Unacceptable

DeletedUser663

Many of us are very concerned about the changes made to Lighthouse and Sanctuary AWs which results in a very significant reduction in the worth of those AWs to active players who visit their neighbours regularly. The feedback from players in beta and here is clearly not being listened to and the response from Support is 'Raise the issue on the Forum'. I have also been asked by other players to raise this as a new thread.

As will be seen in the comments to game release 39 the feeling from many players is passionate about the effects of the changes made.
We now have 2 top Fellowships withholding purchases of diamonds in Arendyll and would welcome further support for our protest, I am told that Fellowships in other Worlds are also taking this action.

In Arendyll Phoenix Power has changed our name to PHOENIX POWER - PROTESTING and our Fellowship description now reads -

During October 2017 our players will not be purchasing or using diamonds as a protest regarding the changes to Lighthouse & Bell Tower AWs. Support and developers have failed to respond to the genuine concerns of a high volume of players in beta and the live forum regarding these changes.

The changes will reduce the volume of goods received by all active players who visit more than 30 Fellowship members and/or Neighbours each day. This will have the effect of reducing neighbourhood visits significantly as the benefits disappear. It will also have an effect on the ability to participate in tournaments and negotiating provinces. The value which players have invested in these AWs have been taken resulting in that investment now being almost worthless.

Inno - PLEASE PLEASE reconsider this change as it is blatantly unfair.

We encourage other Fellowships to join our protest.

There has been no comment from any of the game moderators in the forum responding to any of our comments and we seem to be totally ignored. The initial announcement of the change here and previously in beta were blatantly untrue for active players.

We ask all other Fellowships in all Worlds to support our protest by not using or buying diamonds during October in the hope that we will be given a reasoned argument supporting the changes made or a modification to give some of the significant value taken away from active players who love this game.

DeletedUser7367

I speak for four of the top 50
Many of us are very concerned about the changes made to Lighthouse and Sanctuary AWs which results in a very significant reduction in the worth of those AWs to active players who visit their neighbours regularly. The feedback from players in beta and here is clearly not being listened to and the response from Support is 'Raise the issue on the Forum'. I have also been asked by other players to raise this as a new thread.

As will be seen in the comments to game release 39 the feeling from many players is passionate about the effects of the changes made.
We now have 2 top Fellowships withholding purchases of diamonds in Arendyll and would welcome further support for our protest, I am told that Fellowships in other Worlds are also taking this action.

In Arendyll Phoenix Power has changed our name to PHOENIX POWER - PROTESTING and our Fellowship description now reads -

During October 2017 our players will not be purchasing or using diamonds as a protest regarding the changes to Lighthouse & Bell Tower AWs. Support and developers have failed to respond to the genuine concerns of a high volume of players in beta and the live forum regarding these changes.

The changes will reduce the volume of goods received by all active players who visit more than 30 Fellowship members and/or Neighbours each day. This will have the effect of reducing neighbourhood visits significantly as the benefits disappear. It will also have an effect on the ability to participate in tournaments and negotiating provinces. The value which players have invested in these AWs have been taken resulting in that investment now being almost worthless.

Inno - PLEASE PLEASE reconsider this change as it is blatantly unfair.

We encourage other Fellowships to join our protest.

There has been no comment from any of the game moderators in the forum responding to any of our comments and we seem to be totally ignored. The initial announcement of the change here and previously in beta were blatantly untrue for active players.

We ask all other Fellowships in all Worlds to support our protest by not using or buying diamonds during October in the hope that we will be given a reasoned argument supporting the changes made or a modification to give some of the significant value taken away from active players who love this game.
I speak for multiple top 50 FSs in Elvenar...... NO DIAMOND purchases, whatsoever. Simply RESTORING the Lighthouses/Spires will simply be a move in the right direction.... ANY further action spurred on by outright GREED by this game developer will result once again in HEAVY attrition. Try us.... go ahead..... You have no clue how heartless, ruthless and patently SELFISH your action is/was, INNO!

DeletedUser1766

I agree. I do not visit my neighbours unless I am desparate as I just do not have the time and there are so many. So now I must hope to find a chest. Well I have looked all day and just go my 3rd. NOT FAIR. My fellowship visits occur every 23 hours but the chests only appear every 24 hours so now my visits and the chest are out of sync. Now I rarely see this bonus they have moved. I am not happy at all.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Now I rarely see this bonus
Even if you are perfect in your timing and help your friends every 23 hours, the lack of synch between chest day and help day is only going to cost you one set of three chests every 24 days, so "rarely" seeing it seems like there is something else wrong.

And if you help half a dozen neighbors once every 24 days at chest reset time, you won't even lose that 1/24

Last edited:

SunsetDanar

A couple of points, if you will all indulge me. First, I must say that I am not a diamond player but that circumstance is dictated more by financial wherewithal rather than by choice so I am not one who bears any animosity toward those who are. Diamonds are an allowed game element to be utilized by players who either choose to or are otherwise able to do so. I do buy them on a limited basis, however, and will refrain from doing so in support of the boycott and have encouraged my full fellowship to do likewise.

Another point. Diamond players who have purchased KPs with diamonds in order to upgrade their respective AWs are having their hard earned cash literally stolen by Inno with the recent AW downgrades...A move that would certainly result in some sort of litigation if similarly performed in a private sector business transaction.

Finally, and more personally, I visit my roughly 200 neighbors on a daily basis unless personal or game constraints and commitments prohibit them. I rely on my CL heavily and even more so during tournament and event play. I made game sacrifices to obtain it, to place it and again and again to upgrade it. Dropping from utilization approximately 200 times every 23 hours to a maximum of 3 times every 23 hours is an absurd downgrade and has rendered it virtually useless which is a huge blow to my game play.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7367

A couple of points, if you will all indulge me. First, I must say that I am not a diamond player but that circumstance is dictated more by financial wherewithal rather than by choice so I am not one who bares any animosity toward those who are. Diamonds are an allowed game element to be utilized by players who either choose to or are otherwise able to do so. I do buy them on a limited basis, however, and will refrain from doing so in support of the boycott and have encouraged my full fellowship to do likewise.

Another point. Diamond players who have purchased KPs with diamonds in order to upgrade their respective AWs are having their hard earned cash literally stolen by Inno with the recent AW downgrades...A move that would certainly result in some sort of litigation if similarly performed in a private sector business transaction.

Finally, and more personally, I visit my roughly 200 neighbors on a daily basis unless personal or game constraints and commitments prohibit them. I rely on my CL heavily and even more so during tournament and event play. I made game sacrifices to obtain it, to place it and again and again to upgrade it. Dropping from utilization approximately 200 times every 23 hours to a maximum of 3 times every 23 hours is an absurd downgrade and has rendered it virtually useless which is a huge blow to my game play.
100,000,000% in total agreement. You've provided another key 'loss'..... goods needed in Tournaments! Add that to the corroborated loss of 80% of boosted goods now 'compensated' for by three random chests? Uh...nope. Oh yes, 276 provinces done, 167 goods per visit..... Evaporated.WHO, in my World do I visit???? Virtually nobody..... why bother? got tons o' coin... and Supplies.... INNO is killing their own game. FACT.

DeletedUser2870

I USED to buy diamonds regularly.
In fact, I spent about 1500 on the game, n one single account, but I quit buying them about 6 months ago now.
And with every nerf-action after that, I started playing less frequently.
In fact, I've started on another game and only maintain my 2 main accounts now because of the friends I made, but am slowly cutting down on those as well.
This blatant lie about the CL and the castration of it makes it even less interesting and enjoyable a game.

Arkadia

After discussion with all members The Chosen Few in Arendyll is supporting the protest and withdraw all diamond purchases for the month of October or until we see Inno made the requested changes.

...which I hope will happen, cause we do not want to see more players leaving the game...

index.php

DeletedUser663

After discussion with all members The Chosen Few in Arendyll is supporting the protest and withdraw all diamond purchases for the month of October or until we see Inno made the requested changes.

...which I hope will happen, cause we do not want to see more players leaving the game...

index.php
Thanks Arcadia - I hope that other Fellowships will join the protest by stopping the purchase & use of diamonds.

DeletedUser7367

I have sent out a message to all the members of Castaways the No5 ranked FS in Felyndral. I hope that they also decide as a group to protest the changes by participating in the boycott, I personally will not purchase any diamonds as my show of solidarity to this cause.
Absolute agreement! Without INNO reversing the NERFING of BOTH CL/BS I personally believe, this game will die a very stagnant death. First, Diamond purchases have been nearly universally put on ultimate HOLD. Second, visitations beyond the 20% [chests] of normal CL/BS goods makes visits in HUGE neighborhoods a waste of time---More people will quit because of this, alone..... Such foolishness only compounds itself. Only INNO will lose.... us, in the end.

DeletedUser1766

Even if you are perfect in your timing and help your friends every 23 hours, the lack of synch between chest day and help day is only going to cost you one set of three chests every 24 days, so "rarely" seeing it seems like there is something else wrong.

And if you help half a dozen neighbors once every 24 days at chest reset time, you won't even lose that 1/24

You would be correct if I only visited my fellowship at the same time every day and never visited neighbours but I do visit neighbours who visit me and that occurs throughout the day. I have missed at least one chest most days because of the timing of my return visits as I click on the notices when I am in game and return any new visit. I tell myself that I should remember not to do this if I want my chests to realign with my fellowship visits but I forget and then I find that I visit my fellowship in the morning and sometimes return visits late at night so there can be at least a 12 hour gap between the 2 sets of visits and this means that I may get a chest in the morning and one in the evening and the next day I will have no idea the timing between the 2 as I forgot to write it down. It is all my fault for returning visits. It never bothered me when they were just chests but now that my goods bonus depends on me finding them I am frustrated. I want the goods back the way they were.

First the goods amounts were low and were just a nice bonus, then they revamped all the AW's and the goods were a really nice bonus and actually useful now they have vanished and I miss them. I do not want to have to try and reset all my chests so they occur at the same time. I have done this in the past but it is really annoying as you cannot dictate which visit will bring one. I suppose I will just have to stop returning my neighbours visits until they reset properly and hope my visit times do not change again. I do try not to live by the clock though. :)

DeletedUser7367

Really? "universally"? I somehow doubt that.
Alas, you neglected the term 'nearly' which I used.... After your invoking Forum Moderation, I chose to use the high road by avoiding confrontation with you. It's now up to you to follow suit with reciprocity. TYVM.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Alas, you neglected the term 'nearly' which I used
Because "nearly universally" is definitely a much smaller number than "universally".... A whole, what 10 people have said they are going to boycott and you turned that into "nearly universally? On felyndral exactly one fellowship has changed their name to have "protest..." in it. Clearly, the decision to stop buying diamonds in protest is "nearly universal"

Last edited:

DeletedUser3297

One in Felyndral and 2 in Arendyll. That's 75 whales who realistically only buy when the new chapter comes out, so no diamonds would have been bought at this time anyway... Those 75 account for a very minuscule amount of revenue compared to how many other lower level players there are across the many servers and many countries who are still buying on a regular basis. Pointless and useless protest, you all are going to buy again anyway when the Elementals come out ;)