• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

diamond question

DeletedUser

new to this game, and this kind of game as the only ones i have ever played before were FB based,,, i have a question, how does one obtain diamonds needed without having to spend real money? and thank you in advance for any help.

DeletedUser61

how does one obtain diamonds needed without having to spend real money?
There are two related points.
  1. Diamonds are never "needed." They speed up the game, and there are some convenience buildings like the combined Population + Culture buildings that are quite attractive, both visually and strategically, but there's always an alternate means of accomplishing your goals.
  2. At the moment, confirming your email is about the only in-game way to get additional diamonds. We've had a few forum events that distributed a few diamonds, but we have yet to see Diamonds as prizes for Quests nor for in-game Special Events. Furthermore there's a similar pattern in other InnoGames titles, where Diamonds are also pretty hard to come by without buying them.

DeletedUser2127

I need diamonds to
There are two related points.
  1. Diamonds are never "needed." They speed up the game, and there are some convenience buildings like the combined Population + Culture buildings that are quite attractive, both visually and strategically, but there's always an alternate means of accomplishing your goals.
  2. At the moment, confirming your email is about the only in-game way to get additional diamonds. We've had a few forum events that distributed a few diamonds, but we have yet to see Diamonds as prizes for Quests nor for in-game Special Events. Furthermore there's a similar pattern in other InnoGames titles, where Diamonds are also pretty hard to come by without buying them.
I need diamonds to research barracks or planks manufacturing. Do I have to purchase them to continue in the game?

DeletedUser551

I need diamonds to research barracks or planks manufacturing. Do I have to purchase them to continue in the game?
This means you're lacking some of the resources necessary to complete the research, so the game is giving you the option to complete it anyway, using diamonds.
Collecting the necessary resources should allow you to complete the research without having to use diamonds.

DeletedUser2227

I have a slightly different problem. I am unable to obtain diamonds via Scouting. Using diamonds to buy Relics, those get taken away :( Now there has to be a way to replenish them in able to complete Expansions??

Does anyone know what it takes to Build planks & steel manufacturing? Or for Barracks?? I've looked at the wiki. Maybe I'm just missing it.

I'm on disability. I can't afford to pay for diamonds. :(

DeletedUser61

I am unable to obtain diamonds via Scouting.
The Diamond symbol is what you would PAY to speed things along.
  • In the current game there's no way to "earn" diamonds, you have to buy them with real money.
  • On the other hand, you can play the entire game without ever using any diamonds, if you're patient and well organized.

DeletedUser2227

Katwijk, Thank you! Ok, but then why is it I see 7 diamonds for scouting? Thankfully, I have been able to figure out plank, steel, and barracks. You chose 1, or 8, rather than the full amount. :eek: :D

DeletedUser61

why is it I see 7 diamonds for scouting?
If you want to immediately explore the sector, you can do so by paying 7 Diamonds.
The price is directly related to the time remaining until that sector becomes available.
You'd be paying overtime wages, if you wish to think of it that way.

DeletedUser2227

Katwijk, ahh, now I understand that. It's to bad this stuff is not easily understood by new members. I checked the wiki, but nothing was there. Even some of us blondes know that one. :p I'd include a kiss (on your cheek), but that's not here! i Suppose the Writers are Boys! lol!