• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Diamond Sales

ExplorerAngelica

I have discussed Diamond sales with many Elvenar members…and would really like to know why some players consistently get much better sales offers than others…

This seems to be a very unfair practice! Everyone should get the 100% extra diamond offer not just a select few..

Why is this being done?

Alram

Flippers just flip
Inno is running a successful business. I'm guessing they are doing it because it works.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
If you regularly spend on diamonds you will rarely if ever see 100% offers. I went years without seeing any sales that good. The purpose of those offers is to entice players who do not spend anything or very little in the hope they get hooked on having diamonds to use.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
If you regularly spend on diamonds you will rarely if ever see 100% offers. I went years without seeing any sales that good. The purpose of those offers is to entice players who do not spend anything or very little in the hope they get hooked on having diamonds to use.
I have never, ever, not even once, seen a 100 percent diamond offer. I came in October of 2019 and to be nice, my son surprised me with a diamond purchase on my account shortly after I arrived. I honestly believe that good deed is what caused my bad luck with offers. (Not that I blame him ... he's a dear for doing it.)

quin629

Conversely, if you play for years and never buy diamonds at all, you will see 200% offers. I am told that if you want to accept, make it a big purchase because you will never, ever see 200% again.

Darielle

I think it can backfire too. I used to play a different game by another German company. When the members of my adventure club found out that we were all getting the exact same offer but for different prices ... from $1.99 all the way to $14.99, we went on the warpath and wound up flooding the newsfeed with pictures of our different priced offers for the same goods. The company came on in a post and said they were going to stop doing that. I don't know if they did because shortly after that I left, and several others left with me.

Smooper

I have frequently bought diamonds. Played about 16 months and have purchased a half dozen times. I have been offered 100% more diamonds. I don't know what their criteria could be. I will check with a member of my fellowship who has spent over a thousand dollars and see if he has the same offer.

Count Rupert

I would think it would encourage those who do spend some money to spend a little more. I played a game that periodically had a happy hour (which typically last 24 hours) with game currency sales of +100%. It was open to everyone. for me it's fairness issue. It's the nature of the game to have to deal with things like the MO which I may not see any of the "good" stuff for long periods while someone else sees an abundance. Can't say I expected to see it from store.

Count Rupert

He said he can get +50% if he buys $200 worth
That's the standard pricing in the store (PC). I can get that. We're talking about some players getting offers outside the store for 100% and in some cases 200%. I can't get those. I'm not one of the chosen ones.

Zoof

I'd like to know if the people who get these offers also tend to spend them often or are always poor. It seems like the game is monitoring activities and is tailoring some of these sales based on some criteria, so let's get it on with the wild mass guessing and generate theories more insane than the last!

My guess is that offers are offered more often to the perpetually poor, or are spending on way too many convenience items. Whether or not the diamonds they spend with were free.

The link above leads to TVTropes. I am not responsible for complete and total loss of productivity if you click that link

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
I have never, ever, not even once, seen a 100 percent diamond offer. I came in October of 2019 and to be nice, my son surprised me with a diamond purchase on my account shortly after I arrived. I honestly believe that good deed is what caused my bad luck with offers. (Not that I blame him ... he's a dear for doing it.)
I never got an offer as well and I am playing since 2015. I did buy the starting package at that time which was 1 worker and a few diamonds for 10 bucks. never got any other special offer.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I recently got a 30% offer.
Now is that supposed to entice me?
The regular every day offers are;
$10 - 10%
$20 - 20%
$50 - 30%
$80 - 37%

So just how special is the special offer?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I recently got a 30% offer.
Now is that supposed to entice me?
The regular every day offers are;
$10 - 10%
$20 - 20%
$50 - 30%
$80 - 37%

So just how special is the special offer?

The specials are on top of the normal bonus for spending larger amounts, so you get both, not one or the other.

Count Rupert

I'd like to know if the people who get these offers also tend to spend them often or are always poor. It seems like the game is monitoring activities and is tailoring some of these sales based on some criteria, so let's get it on with the wild mass guessing and generate theories more insane than the last!

My guess is that offers are offered more often to the perpetually poor, or are spending on way too many convenience items. Whether or not the diamonds they spend with were free.

The link above leads to TVTropes. I am not responsible for complete and total loss of productivity if you click that link
I'm not sure it really matters. What matters to me is I'm being excluded for whatever the reason. I was better off not knowing as It creates issues for me, maybe a little too close to my RL issues and I play games to escape my RL. It's their game and they obviously can do what they want. It's just going to force me to re-evaluate how and if I continue to play the game.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Conversely, if you play for years and never buy diamonds at all, you will see 200% offers. I am told that if you want to accept, make it a big purchase because you will never, ever see 200% again.

It think that "never" is not true because I once, (3 years ago?) purchased the $79 dollar thing under the 100% bonus. That gave me 30k diamonds which I hoarded/slowly spent until I got to the point where I had enough coming in from all things to sustain my meager diamond needs. (Most of the 30k eventually went to expansions, btw.) In any case, I recently got the 200% offer, so it's not "never" but it is probably a "long, long time."

AJ

Darielle

It think that "never" is not true because I once, (3 years ago?) purchased the $79 dollar thing under the 100% bonus. That gave me 30k diamonds which I hoarded/slowly spent until I got to the point where I had enough coming in from all things to sustain my meager diamond needs. (Most of the 30k eventually went to expansions, btw.) In any case, I recently got the 200% offer, so it's not "never" but it is probably a "long, long time."

AJ
I think it totally depends on whether you bought diamonds at the "regular" price. Sure, they'll repeat 200 percent or 100 percent offers to those who have proven they only buy at deep discounts, but they will "never" (and I do mean never) give them to people who have first bought at the regular price. I believe that's the key difference.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I think it totally depends on whether you bought diamonds at the "regular" price. Sure, they'll repeat 200 percent or 100 percent offers to those who have proven they only buy at deep discounts, but they will "never" (and I do mean never) give them to people who have first bought at the regular price. I believe that's the key difference.
I never thought of that. You may be right.

AJ

StarLoad

I don't know what the criteria is but I see the offers during every event I would say and got this in one of my cities.

200%.jpg

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Feel free to relieve your moments of FOMO by taking advantage of my 200% more magical offerings and buying me diamonds! :D
In all seriousness, I feel like the only thing that would make my city more enjoyable and "easier" at this point is a maxed out Timewarp, which is more of a quality of life thing to be able to tourney at my own darn schedule. Luckily for me, that really can't be bought with diamonds. Well it can, I suppose, but at 25 diamonds per 1KP to my wonder, it's one of the worst deals in the game so really easy to stay away from.