• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Diamond Sales

Count Rupert

I think it totally depends on whether you bought diamonds at the "regular" price. Sure, they'll repeat 200 percent or 100 percent offers to those who have proven they only buy at deep discounts, but they will "never" (and I do mean never) give them to people who have first bought at the regular price. I believe that's the key difference.
So you're saying they don't feel they any need to do anything to keep you as a customer or show any appreciation. Wish I had known this 6 months ago when I started. :(

Flashfyre

I'm not sure it really matters. What matters to me is I'm being excluded for whatever the reason. I was better off not knowing as It creates issues for me, maybe a little too close to my RL issues and I play games to escape my RL. It's their game and they obviously can do what they want. It's just going to force me to re-evaluate how and if I continue to play the game.
Not to make light of any RL issue that concerns you, but I don't understand why this upsets you so much. Would you feel the same if your next-door neighbor kept getting 50% Off coupons for a store that you frequent a lot (and spend a lot of money in), but he doesn't? Do you feel somehow entitled to these offers because you've been a loyal customer for 6 months? I am genuinely curious, because, after having worked in retail management for more than 30 years, I am familiar with the various marketing strategies used to attract and keep customers. But I can't recall ever hearing complaints that a customer didn't get a particular offer in the mail that some other customer got.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Not to make light of any RL issue that concerns you, but I don't understand why this upsets you so much. Would you feel the same if your next-door neighbor kept getting 50% Off coupons for a store that you frequent a lot (and spend a lot of money in), but he doesn't? Do you feel somehow entitled to these offers because you've been a loyal customer for 6 months? I am genuinely curious, because, after having worked in retail management for more than 30 years, I am familiar with the various marketing strategies used to attract and keep customers. But I can't recall ever hearing complaints that a customer didn't get a particular offer in the mail that some other customer got.
Actually, if someone else kept getting 50 percent off coupons to my favorite store and I was specifically excluded from having a shot at the coupons --- not that I'd had an equal shot but merely bad luck--- then yeah, I would be upset about it.

For example, say a store decides that they like gorgeous blondes and for as long as the store operates, they will only give great coupons to gorgeous blondes. I, being a gorgeous redhead, is excluded from EVER getting a good coupon from them. Yeah, you darned right I'd be unhappy about that, lol. If, on the other hand, the store had a random giveaway and had given me an equal shot to get the coupons, but I simply had no luck, that would be entirely different to me.

Last edited:

Flashfyre

@Darielle The assumption that some players are being specifically excluded is one without empirical evidence; what most comments here have in common is anectdotal evidence, also known as hearsay.
See, the example I gave is one where the retailer offers the coupon to prospective customers (i.e. those who have not shopped with that retailer), not to existing customers, as a way to entice them to become existing customers. There may be (usually are) other types of offers made to existing customers, but these are not necessarily as good as those offered to non-customers.

We have no definitive evidence that INNO is doing anything different; to claim they are, in the absence of evidence, strays into conspiracy-theory territory.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The assumption that some players are being specifically excluded is one without empirical evidence; what most comments here have in common is anectdotal evidence, also known as hearsay.

Except that is exactly what happens when the computer algorithm/programming picks who gets what diamonds offers and when. No, there are no people manually making these choices, partly because moderators/Support people being able to do that would be highly unethical and probably illegal in many parts of the world. So blame the coding. Before I ever spent money on the game, I got diamonds offers, and after I started spending money on the game, I kept getting offers. I did not spend anything for probably the first two years I was playing, but my girlfriend was spending money on her game during that time, and we were playing from the same IP address, in case the algorithms read that into things and not just actual accounts.

And who knows, in the same way that changing your registered email for an account will make the missing event newsletters start showing up, maybe it will also change what offers you get. @Darielle have you ever tried that?

@helya Diamond offers are still fully automated and randomized, correct?

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Except that is exactly what happens when the computer algorithm/programming picks who gets what diamonds offers and when. No, there are no people manually making these choices, partly because moderators/Support people being able to do that would be highly unethical and probably illegal in many parts of the world. So blame the coding. Before I ever spent money on the game, I got diamonds offers, and after I started spending money on the game, I kept getting offers. I did not spend anything for probably the first two years I was playing, but my girlfriend was spending money on her game during that time, and we were playing from the same IP address, in case the algorithms read that into things and not just actual accounts.

And who knows, in the same way that changing your registered email for an account will make the missing event newsletters start showing up, maybe it will also change what offers you get. @Darielle have you ever tried that?

Yes, it is an automatic process based on certain criteria, although making a purchase does not exclude you from receiving any of the offers. I've seen the criteria to get them, I just am not permitted to share any details.

Darielle

No, I haven't tried that. Good idea.

Darielle

Yes, it is an automatic process based on certain criteria, although making a purchase does not exclude you from receiving any of the offers. I've seen the criteria to get them, I just am not permitted to share any details.
Thanks for letting us know that much; it makes me feel better. Maybe I shouldn't attribute it to my son's purchase after all, and it comes down to rng luck. I hope that didn't sound like a complaint. I've had a mix of luck on Elvenar both good and bad, so I'm still very happy in my Elvenar home.

Deleted User - 849994935

I have never, ever, not even once, seen a 100 percent diamond offer. I came in October of 2019 and to be nice, my son surprised me with a diamond purchase on my account shortly after I arrived. I honestly believe that good deed is what caused my bad luck with offers. (Not that I blame him ... he's a dear for doing it.)
I don't think so. I've had other accounts where I've spent $ and gotten offers. I believe it's randomly assigned.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I have to chime in on this again. I have spent thousands on this game in over 6 years. If I got 100% offers in the very beginning that would have been the only time. I have said before that I didn’t see why I wasn’t getting the love players who don’t spend get. That is until very recently. Suddenly I got 100% offer and stocked up. Then I was completely stunned to get 200% offer. How could I not stock up even more? Now I have a great stockpile for when the next chapter comes out. The only way I would buy more would be if for some reason I got another 200% offer. It is burning a hole in my pocket while I wait & wait for a new chapter.

Darielle

I have to chime in on this again. I have spent thousands on this game in over 6 years. If I got 100% offers in the very beginning that would have been the only time. I have said before that I didn’t see why I wasn’t getting the love players who don’t spend get. That is until very recently. Suddenly I got 100% offer and stocked up. Then I was completely stunned to get 200% offer. How could I not stock up even more? Now I have a great stockpile for when the next chapter comes out. The only way I would buy more would be if for some reason I got another 200% offer. It is burning a hole in my pocket while I wait & wait for a new chapter.
Oooh, that means there's hope for me yet. Thanks!