• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Diamond value of petfood?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
What diamond value would you say that petfood has? I haven't seen it available for direct purchase and when I've needed some I just flip the MA.
Doing so has a clear cost of 50 diamonds, and I haven't needed to flip more than a handful of times(but that's anecdotal, I don't have actual stats)
Added to that cost is the CC and relic price (and timers?)
But then should we consider the value of the other recipes exposed while flipping? If you gain access to a UUU while hunting for petfood, that value should be subtracted from the petfood cost, right?

Gkyr

Chef
As @hoopity implied, petfood only has a diamond value when one is depleted. Absent that, IMO the diamond value is what gamers will pay in order to stock up on an already existing supply.
This may be beside the point because I infer that you are looking for a cost equivalence within the existing cost structures of resources but, like you, I can find no relationship between petfood and existing resource costs.
Therefore (at the risk of being bombastic) the diamond price of petfood is empirical and not relational.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
As @hoopity implied, petfood only has a diamond value when one is depleted.
Precisely the issue. Just as Blueprints have no value unless you run out, then the game pretty clearly gives a cost of 300 diamonds.
That sort of cost is what I was looking for in another thread where the option to buy a petfood might be added.

defiantoneks

i've seen it available in sales or part of a package, and it was valued higher than a blueprint if i recall correctly.

quin629

A pet food was sometimes the prize in a postal box in the last event, was it not? Box cost 25 keys to open. What did it cost in diamonds to buy 25 keys? For that matter, what did it cost in real money?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
As @hoopity implied, petfood only has a diamond value when one is depleted. Absent that, IMO the diamond value is what gamers will pay in order to stock up on an already existing supply.
This may be beside the point because I infer that you are looking for a cost equivalence within the existing cost structures of resources but, like you, I can find no relationship between petfood and existing resource costs.
Therefore (at the risk of being bombastic) the diamond price of petfood is empirical and not relational.

Empirical may be true but only in a non competitive format. The supply of pet food does not fluctuate so there is, at some point, an empirical value to it. This value holds not because it's intrinsic, but because there is no competition for the resource. It's sort of like air on the planet Earth. It's everywhere, it's in demand, but the supply is far and above any level of demand that might be envisioned. So there is no competition (except in rare Hollywood imaginations), and thus little to no fluctuation in it's value.

On the other hand, supply may be steady, but demand isn't. Thus, to the individual trader rolling the crafting over and over may be a good deal if they are short pet food. It's like if you are trapped below deck in a sinking ship. You might fight very hard to get that last gulp of air before attempting to swim your way out. And you might even do some physical competing with any one around in the same boat (pun intended). Thus, air, in normal circumstances, has a small to non-existent value, but in special circumstances is worth as much as life itself. Lacking pet food may not kill you, but when you don't have it, you might very well spin spend the crafting wheel more than you would if you had even a little of it.

So what is being asked is not the value of pet food, but it's comparative cost against other resources. The game makes that an empirical calculation since we don't compete for pet food. On the other hand, cost, as a consideration of other goods where there is competition and fluctuation in supply/demand, is important but not the whole story.

Making the distinction between cost and value is important as it's been neglected in the past and some people have had a hard time re-considering what they "pre-considered" about the matter.

AJ

Lady Dastardly

i've seen it available in sales or part of a package, and it was valued higher than a blueprint if i recall correctly.

It was offered this year as one of the Black Friday sale options at a rate of 1 pet food for 350 diamonds, which was marked as a 15% discount from the regular price of 420 diamonds. @iamthouth posted a screenshot of it here.

Presumably, that means Inno places a value on pet food of 420 diamonds.