• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Diamonds, and items they could add for purchase?(Ideas)

DeletedUser9276

So I've only played this game for around 2 months, I enjoy it, hanging around in a FS is enjoyable too.

However, I'd like to hear from the community what items you'd buy with IRL $(I know there's a lot of you like soggy, who will never truly spend $ on a free game, but it doesn't hurt to toss in some good ideas)

I generally want to see the game grow, but a lot of players have issues with the idea of purchasing gems as there's really only thing like culture buildings, expansions, and magic buildings, and builders(I bought builders because of my OCD, guilty as charged)

So, toss some ideas this way, and maybe the dev's will consider some of them?

My Ideas(not sure about purchase price, just ideas)

More playable races, I'm not sure which ones, as having a dwarf race with a dwarf chapter would be odd, but I get releasing new races is a risky way of money, since it takes a lot of resources to make a whole new race, but I'd like to see more variety.

And what about your enviornment art? Everyone has the same amount of tiles, and the same mountain/trees/grass look, but what if that could be completely different, while still having the same tile space?

I just think that art of the game is great, and I'm kinda amazed that it's not something they try to expand on with sales. A lot of people don't like game changing purchases, but I'd be willing to buy things to make my city look more pleasing to the eye for the right price.

Your ideas?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Skins.
I like the look of Level 16 Magic dust more than level 19. I would pay to be allowed to re-skin buildings to look like previous levels (of the same size of course)
Custom avatars is another thing I'd consider buying.

Like you said, I personally don't want to make my own game too easy, so premium stuff that does so isn't for me, but cosmetic stuff is perfect.

DeletedUser9276

Skins.
I like the look of Level 16 Magic dust more than level 19. I would pay to be allowed to re-skin buildings to look like previous levels (of the same size of course)
Custom avatars is another thing I'd consider buying.

Like you said, I personally don't want to make my own game too easy, so premium stuff that does so isn't for me, but cosmetic stuff is perfect.

I actually really want this, I recently started a elven city, and when I saw that the residences are more or less the same as human(with a few miniature trees instead) I'd really like to keep the lvl 22 elven building, because when you're fully maxed, It sort of loses the nature feel IMO.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I bought a few expansions until the price quickly got crazy. I occasionally drop up to maybe a dollar's worth if it stops a bottleneck from causing me problems (like finishing a production that will let me close a tech and keep me from having to dump KP somewhere.)

DeletedUser9622

I like the idea, but I doubt it will get enough attention to be thought about.

I'm totally down for the environment one you mentioned, i'd like a perma snow area, and snow elves >:)

The Unbeliever

I'd really, really love to be able to use diamonds to purchase specific daily prize buildings during the big events!
Ie: like FoE do during events such as their Xmas/Winter, you can spend diamonds to purchase the previous day's prize!

This way, if you get unlucky/RNG screwed, and/or early on in events, or if you've just run out of beets/icicles/eggs/etc... but want that 1 last prize, you can just spend diamonds to get it!

SoggyShorts

I'd really, really love to be able to use diamonds to purchase specific daily prize buildings during the big events!
Ie: like FoE do during events such as their Xmas/Winter, you can spend diamonds to purchase the previous day's prize!
This way, if you get unlucky/RNG screwed, and/or early on in events, or if you've just run out of beets/icicles/eggs/etc... but want that 1 last prize, you can just spend diamonds to get it!

It's not guaranteed, but you can buy beets whenever you want and open more boxes.
It would be nice to be able to get ones you missed though. Either for diamonds, or double-cost beets.

I'm sitting on over 1K beets with nothing that I really want coming up. 2 prizes are unknown, but if neither of those is good for me, I'd rather pay double beets for a chance at the prize of my choice.

DeletedUser9469

There was a game I played ages ago where you would get a certain amount of "premium" days with each purchase of the diamond equivalent for that game. The "premium" days counted down each daily reset and allowed premium players cosmetic benefits... Custom avatar in game, custom default font color, things of that nature. Premium players also got a little icon on their profile (if I recall correctly, they used a star). Mods were awarded 1 premium day every day that they remained in a mod role (hence always premium). There were NO GAME CHANGERS unless the currency was used to gain them.

The same could work here...
Custom Avatar would be a biggie for a lot of people
The ability to change skins on buildings would be neat too as long as the pixels were resized with the buildings otherwise it could look very choppy.
Maybe the addition of a premium chat or premium forum thread
And for those who don't want game changers with their diamonds, the ability to buy more premium days with the diamonds aside from the bonus days awarded would be a great sink hole.

Me personally, if I spend money on a game, it is to gain a competitive edge- and not for cosmetics. Therefore, with the old game, I became a mod :)

Speaking of which... Maybe this should be moved to the ideas and suggestions thread???

Risen Malchiah

I'm ok with this being in general for the exposure and discussion value.

I agree with most of what's been suggested so far. I would pay for custom avatars and skins. I would also pay for an AW that is customizable in both function and design.

DeletedUser8847

what if there is player who don't use reaö money to any game but he still enjoy's playing?
And I know one, he ismy husband.
I would cocur that this game is great- I love it but it wouldn't hurt to get some prices only diamonds. Like in beta some have.

SoggyShorts

I would cocur that this game is great- I love it but it wouldn't hurt to get some prices only diamonds. Like in beta some have.
I'm not sure what you mean by this...Beta has the same buildings and prizes as we do.

DeletedUser2959

I'd buy out all my remaining expansions if they were $5 each. I would buy 1 every month or two for $10 each. I will buy exactly 0 at $36 each.
Other than that I buyout resource requirements when I'm close or just want the new building now.
I'd like an option to upgrade previous rewards to my current chapter for a couple $$

DeletedUser8847

cost of any expansions are too high with diamonds.
Needless to say that they don't last long because prices are high.
That I don't like at all

SoggyShorts

I'd buy out all my remaining expansions if they were $5 each.
cost of any expansions are too high with diamonds.
It's possible that dropping the cost of expansions that low would drastically effect the balance of the game. The challenges of fitting in wonders, guest races, military, and factories along with all of the support buildings would be totally different if the average player had 3-4 more expansions.

I assume that the devs try to balance the challenges around the "average" player and ignore the outliers. This should keep the game interesting for the highest number of players. They can safely ignore those with max expansions as those players have different goals and playstyles than normal.

DeletedUser8847

With blalance of the game you mean real money to get it running or what?
I know every game needs money but if you need too much it effect interest of the players yes?
You should not make drastic line between rich, average and poor players.
Those someone are, but if rich players get higher and higher when other players have difficulties to update buildings, be part of the tournaments, keep flowing things to trade, having lower cost battles to get expansions.
Some that have gone higher don't remember what it was in the start.
I have found my opponents in battles to be such, that I have to negoziate them and that is NOT cheap.

The Unbeliever

The only time the game outright forces negotiation is pretty much until you get the final 'squad size upgrade' from Ch.3
Once you pass that hurdle of having sufficient squad sizes AND have unlocked all 5 unit types for your barracks, provincial battles are always slanted in your favour so long as you stay within the so-called 'goldielocks zone'.

If you're into Ch4 and fighting is impossible, then you've over-scouted! ;)

SoggyShorts

With blalance of the game you mean real money to get it running or what?
No, when I say balance, I mean the level of difficulty.
  • A game should be hard enough to challenge players so that they don't get bored and quit.
  • At the same time it needs to be easy enough so that players don't get frustrated and quit.
  • Free games need to be very careful about that balance so that some players are just barely frustrated enough that they spend $$$ to make it easier.
The game needs free players to boost its population so that paying players have someone to interact with.