• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Diamonds for quest completion

DeletedUser5202

I won diamonds today after completion of a quest in Orcs. [in 2nd world/human] Sadly, I wasn't paying attention, just sweeping through the game in a hurry to get offline and on to what I needed to get done. I have no clue what the quest was as I have no memory of it. However, I saw the reward as the box was disappearing... some coins and 200 diamonds! What? Diamonds after a quest completion, this is the best Elvenar day by far. But I sure wish I knew what the heck I did to earn them. Would anyone know? I had just finished Orcs and was on the last quest before entering Advanced Scouts for Woodelves. ~* Celebrate. Taquitos and coronas, my house dinnerish time!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
According to the update notes, we will now get chests every time we complete an advanced scout quest at the start of all guest race chapters.

DeletedUser5202

It pays to read those update notes! Thanks for responding Ashrem. Appreciated.

CanDaMan

I think it is at the COMPLETION of the last task in a chapter. My scouts are not finished, I received the diamonds already (much to my surprise).

DeletedUser5202

From the update notes: "Chests rewards at the beginning of a chapter have been rebalanced and include diamonds from the first guest race on."
I also have not completed my scouts yet but received the diamonds when closing out the last task in the Orcs chapter. A bit of confusion there but still happy to have gained a few diamonds. cha-cha-cha~*

CanDaMan

I was asking my FS members, one has just gotten his diamonds, and has not opened the box yet. He has just finished V, and has not opened the box for Dwarves.

CanDaMan

You get diamonds for finishing the last mainline quest in the chapter (usually unlock wonders quest) and diamonds for opening the chest.

Like I said, he NEVER opened the chest and he got diamonds. I reworded it and the response was the same.

CanDaMan

BTW, I believe the same was true for me, but I have bad short term memory (great long term, go figure!).

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Like I said, he NEVER opened the chest and he got diamonds. I reworded it and the response was the same.
Sorry, maybe I was unclear.

When you complete the last quest in that chapter "Unlock Dwarven Ancient wonders" You get 200 diamonds
then,
When you open the chest, you get 200 more diamonds.

My guess is that your FS member was up to date with the main questline, so when he got to the chest (without opening it) he completed the wonders tech, thereby gaining diamonds.

Gath Of Baal

That's going to further annoy the people who have decided to ignore their quests.

Yep I am one of those people whos main story line quest is stuck in the dwarven chapter, while my knowledge has already advanced to almost the end of the wood elves chapter..
I was frustrated wondering if I should even try and catch the quest line up, but now that diamonds are prizes for the end quest in each chapter, it might be worth it to rebuild past chapters manufactories to complete the tasks... I hope it works as planned.. If it does then I am happy that I was so far behind in the story line quests.. But yeah it will be annoying to catch up

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Yes, even after activating the chest, am I supposed to get 200 more?
Well I dunno what to tell you then.

For completing the "Research Orcish Ancient Wonders" quest I got 200 Diamonds
For opening the chest at the end of Chapter 8 I got 200 more Diamonds
I now have 400 Diamonds.

Perhaps The dwarf chapter is different? Could @Marindor @Ælfwine or @Aider clear this up for us please?

DeletedUser5202

When I wrote this I had yet to open the chest for advanced scouts. I received 200 more diamonds for doing so. 400 total. [this was Orc's chapter/moving into Woodelves]

CanDaMan

I'm thinking that I got caught in "no-man's land", where I finished the chapter before implementation, and opened the chest after.

DeletedUser4070

I just opened the Dwarves chest and a pop-up told me I got 200 diamonds. Just as I was seeing them be added, I saw a -200 notification and they subtracted immediately. What happened???

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Depending on your network connection or browser, there have been previous reports about things being added twice and then removed once. You'd need to know how many you had before you opened the chest. Because it is account specific, you should report it using the in game tool and game admins can look at the logs of exactly what happened.

To access support, when logged into the game, use the question mark from the gear pop-up at bottom right:
View attachment 2204

DeletedUser4070

A fellowship member pointed out to me that if you reload the game it should pop up (same thing had happened to him) and that worked. Whew!