• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Diamonds offers…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoof

Sales are personalized to every user, just like Google search results. It's a way to reach out to more consumers in a way to *snerk* improve player *haha* turnout and boost *cough* user engagement. It is completely fai...
*falls over*

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Explorer, I feel your pain. I've never gotten one either on this ID. The only one I ever get them on is the ID that waited years to buy diamonds. Go figure. I think they're just trying to get the players who don't buy to pay. Because of my experience, I always advise people not to buy diamonds when they are brand new to the game. If they wait awhile, the offers will come. I don't know whether I'm right or not ... this is only my unscientific opinion, and that don't mean much, lol.

Deleted User - 849994935

Not how marketing works.
That wasn't the question but moreover marketing isn't a monolithic strategy with a singular effective course of action.

It absolutely is a recognised marketing strategy to offer all players the same deal. I've played games where this is utilised. It's obviously not the strategy Inno prefers to use though.

Last edited by a moderator:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
When I owned my own business and faced trying to get a company to buy our products I usually appealed to a number of things. Reliability, price, performance, support, and the like. But, I found in sales the first question you have to ask is of the things you can use to persuade the customer, which is most persuasive to them? Not to you, but to them. So, sometimes the price wasn't the defining thing and sometimes it was. Sometimes it was reliability, or support after the sale. The thing is, the customers here are not monolithic and thus what they want varies. For instance, I have about 15,000 diamonds in stock. I don't need diamonds so a 200% sail on diamonds isn't going to make me pull out my wallet. However, I always need pet food so a sale, even for cash, of pet food, I might very well appreciate and even open that wallet of mine.

In the end the customers needs/desires come first and the closer you can get to meeting each customers exact needs/desires, the more you will sell. Sales "pitches" customized for the player will always beat blanket sales offers in both overall customer satisfaction and sales. The only caveat is that if you have a lot of customers you have to use a fancy algorithm to figure out which promotion fits which customer(s) and sometimes that fancy algorithm isn't 100% up to the task. So the programming isn't perfect and sometimes players who would like an offer, just don't get it.

I wonder if a ticket asking to receive the offer would work? LOL! Probably not as that would garner about 80,000 tickets asking for the 200% bonus diamonds in about 5 minutes.

AJ

Flashfyre

That wasn't the question but moreover marketing isn't a monolithic strategy with a singular effective course of action.

It absolutely is a recognised marketing strategy to offer all players the same deal. I've played games where this is utilised. It's obviously not the strategy Inno prefers to use though.
I wasn't answering the question. I commented on the "INNO, you should at least be fair about this" part of the OP.
And marketing is focused on increasing the customer base...offering an identical sale to every existing customer isn't increasing the base at all. However, offering an enticing sale to a limited pool of, shall we say, lapsed customers will increase the active base, because some of them will take the bait.

A customer who regularly spends currency in your store is not one you need to tempt to shop with you; you have, as it were, a captive audience.
I say this as a veteran of 30+ years in retail sales and management.

Deleted User - 849994935

I wasn't answering the question. I commented on the "INNO, you should at least be fair about this" part of the OP.
U asked for a definition of fair and I gave one.

And marketing is focused on increasing the customer base...offering an identical sale to every existing customer isn't increasing the base at all. However, offering an enticing sale to a limited pool of, shall we say, lapsed customers will increase the active base, because some of them will take the bait.

A customer who regularly spends currency in your store is not one you need to tempt to shop with you; you have, as it were, a captive audience.
I say this as a veteran of 30+ years in retail sales and management.
Offering deals to existing customers doesn't increase ur customer base, it helps retain the customers u already have.

Marketing, in general, is focused on getting & keeping peeps interested in a company's products and services, not just increasing the customer base. Customer retention is often far more effective at generating revenue that replacing lost customers, especially in the first 9 months.

Ur assuming the special deals are being offered at a greater rate to peeps who don't already spend money yet the evidence is to the contrary. Read thru the forum & u'll see lots of peeps saying they spend $$ and get deals as well as peeps who don't spend and never get a deal.
Random perks r a fab way of keeping customers. Period.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smooper

I thought that this had been answered by mods as a random offer. Anyway, it gets discussed every couple weeks and maybe its not fair but send a ticket in and see if you can get them to fix it for you.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I thought that this had been answered by mods as a random offer. Anyway, it gets discussed every couple weeks and maybe its not fair but send a ticket in and see if you can get them to fix it for you.

It was and it is all computer algorithms and no human input. There is no human sitting in Germany with a list of names of players not allowed to get diamond sales, no matter how much some people here want to believe that. ;)

Zoof

It was and it is all computer algorithms and no human input. There is no human sitting in Germany with a list of names of players not allowed to get diamond sales, no matter how much some people here want to believe that. ;)
But the real question now is: "Is the Inno Algorithm as good as the Youtube Algorithm?"
I'm not sure if anyone will like the answer no matter what it is

Starr621

I took a one year hiatus from the game and when I returned in May I got 2 200% offers in the span of about 1 week. I got a bunch of expansions unlocked and think I'm set now. I haven't seen another one since and probably won't for a while or again. Maybe another hiatus will do the trick ;)

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
As has been stated every time this surfaces, it is random and it is not something the support staff can alter or "fix".

There is no real point in discussing this, other than to vent frustration and even that does little for the community as a whole.
You can bemoan that lack of good offers while others tell you they just got another 200% offer, does that really help, I think not?
Its best to just let the thread fade away as the others have.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
It absolutely is a recognised marketing strategy to offer all players the same deal.

If that is standard marketing strategy I have to wonder why advertisers spend so much money learning the demographics of television shows.
Or why google tracks searches.

As has been stated every time this surfaces, it is random and it is not something the support staff can alter or "fix".

There is no real point in discussing this, other than to vent frustration and even that does little for the community as a whole.
You can bemoan that lack of good offers while others tell you they just got another 200% offer, does that really help, I think not?
Its best to just let the thread fade away as the others have.

Good point

You hear that guys?
Don't bump this anymore.

Deleted User - 849994935

If that is standard marketing strategy I have to wonder why advertisers spend so much money learning the demographics of television shows.
Or why google tracks searches.
There's more to marketing than who to offer deals to.

Deleted User - 849994935

Well according to you the idea is to just offer the same deal to everyone.
I'm just wondering why marketing people even have jobs if that's all there is to it.
Nope. what I said was that offering the deal to everyone would be fair and is a recognised marketing strategy of many companies, just not Inno's.
As far as why marketing peeps even have jobs I imagine its to help with:
...getting & keeping peeps interested in a company's products and services, not just increasing the customer base. Customer retention is often far more effective at generating revenue that replacing lost customers, especially in the first 9 months.

I hope that helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.