• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Diamonds purchase and costs incrementing

DeletedUser4821

So, I bit the bullet and bought a small amount of diamonds just to increase the land because I am not patient and was out of room which stunted growth. I thought I had it figured that I could get FIVE city expansions based on the initial cost of the expansion but unfortunately discovered that each time you buy land the cost goes up the next time. It's similar to buying Knowledge Points, so beware. This was my first purchase and my last purchase. If I would have known about the cost incrementing I would not have made this mistake.

Live and Learn. :)

Gath Of Baal

Yeah it used to be that the first 4-5 diamond expansions were the same price then the next 4-5 were the same price with the price going up after every bracket... They must have recently changed how it works... I look at my expansion thru diamonds and it costs 5000, never going to happen no matter how badly I need the room

DeletedUser4163

Yes I bought 4 expansions earlier in the game and decided to buy 2 more but I missed the cutoff before they raised the price in the update. I was very surprised too find out that my fifth expansion would cost $30 for just oneo_O. I understand why INNO did this but is catering to the lowest common denominator (big spenders) the best approach?

I don't have a issue with these spenders as the world is full of people who make more money than me, what I take issue with is companies that forget that the top spenders will always be there so creating pricing structures based on their level will alienate the rest of us. This very well may cause the rest of us modest spenders to give up and move on to a different game, leaving no challenge for the spenders who will stop spending. There is a happy medium if INNO took the time to research all angles and if they actually listened to their Beta Testers and not subject those of us who are not testers to testing a online platform

DeletedUser2963

I understand why INNO did this but is catering to the lowest common denominator (big spenders) the best approach?

I honestly don't think they are catering to the big spenders here. If they were, they would not have lowered the number of expansions available. It honestly looks like they really would prefer it if no-one spent money on expansions. I have not spent a dime on this game since they did that, because haha, I am a big spender and I can't buy any more expansions.

WolfSinger

Not to defend Inno or the way they structured the pricing of the expansions - but the full price list for premium expanses is available in the wiki and was linked to in several previous discussions regarding the price change and reduction in expansions available to purchase. The information was available - but you did have to know where to look for it.

When I first started playing I made a point of doing a search for the wiki as other games I played also had that resource. In doing that search, I also found the link for the forums. Now I frequently pop into both this forum and the beta forum for information regarding the game.

DeletedUser3111

Not to defend Inno or the way they structured the pricing of the expansions - but the full price list for premium expanses is available in the wiki and was linked to in several previous discussions regarding the price change and reduction in expansions available to purchase. The information was available - but you did have to know where to look for it.

When I first started playing I made a point of doing a search for the wiki as other games I played also had that resource. In doing that search, I also found the link for the forums. Now I frequently pop into both this forum and the beta forum for information regarding the game.

It is true that they announced the raised prices. It doesn't make the absurd new costs acceptable.

I had not decided I wanted to buy diamonds yet, but I used to look at the sales and consider it to pick up a couple expansions or an extra builder. That change was when I realized I will likely never spend money on this game. At least now I can just click the deal popups off without looking now. I really don't understand it from a business sense, the first few purchases need to feel like a good deal, so people might start spending. they used to be close to it, now they just aren't.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I really don't understand it from a business sense
I think the price ratio of things in Elvenar is better now that expansions cost much more than other things you can buy with diamonds. (because they are arguably the best item available to buy)
The base price for everything seems really high though.

I really think the current pricing is too high for semi-casual players.
If you have a bar and beer costs you $1 would you rather sell hundreds at $2 each, or dozens at $4 each?
Obviously it's more complex than that, but the idea is still the same. At a certain price point, a significant segment of the player base switches from spending some money to spending zero money as they don't feel the value is there.

Then again, INNO has many games like this, and I imagine an entire team dedicated to monetization, so they probably know things we don't.

DeletedUser2870

Perhaps they do know something we dont. But I know for sure they are selling a LOT fewer expansions now so they are loosing out there. And since those expansions are the main reason people bought diamonds anyway a lot of people buy fewer diamonds than before or quit entirely buying them.
So even if a small amount of players still do I really doubt it even comes close to evening out. Your example was pretty good actually and shows whats going on.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
If you have a bar and beer costs you $1 would you rather sell hundreds at $2 each, or dozens at $4 each?

That's a good point but there is another possibility and that is they are selling dozens at $100 each. Its also possible this was just a conspiracy to get us to use diamonds to upgrade the MA and builders hut as they are now about the best value for money for a moderate spender and then 1 level of each is probably enough. :eek::rolleyes:

Devman

Imagine , being able to take your 5x5 squares , the ones you already placed , and relocate them anywhere , any time you want . People would be able to play this game for hours on end , instead of just five or ten minutes twice a day .

Ide drop a few hundred KP for that skill ;)

"but Dev, that takes away from the challenge" .... Not in my opinion , I think it would increase the duration and consistency of the "challenge" ... as would bringing the cost of expansions back down to planet earth ... o_O

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Devman
Do you mean moving your existing expansions? That wouldn't do anything for me...my cities are already perfect-like my hair.
Actually not having to decide if I want to expand to a 7x8 grid or 8x7 grid would be nice, but even if I kinda pick the "wrong" way I'll square up soon enough.

Devman

my cities are already perfect-like my hair.

I noticed ... o_O

5enMJVl.jpg

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Which means if you're buying your sixth expansion, you're paying (at the base rate) $20.00 for it.