• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

FAR2019

I know the game needs to generate profits and selling diamonds is obviously the way to go. I just can get around the idea that people of low income resources does not have the same opportunity to fully play the game without having to spend money. I started playing couple years back and my personal circumstances ended me broke and ill. I am not employable right now or in the future.

Said that, I have taken advantage as much as possible of the "free" diamonds given at the game start, in playing the SoE and having had few Wishing Wells for a while. Reached the WoodElves Chapter and got stuck because there are required buildings that can only be placed using diamonds. Now what?

I have an idea, maybe the Quests and Events as well as the FS Adventures, should include random give away of diamonds. After all, getting a "free" few diamonds will never compare to the high price to pay in goods and supplies to get them. If you are lucky enough to get several Wishing Wells from a Quest or Event, you can get couple of hundreds diamonds along the way during the game (for me it was longer than a year).

Or, what about simple Trivia segments? the game gives the hints and player solves the Trivia and earns diamonds only. The harder to guess the Trivia, the higher the diamonds earned.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
There are no buildings that can only be placed using diamonds. You must have not had the correct resources. Check what is required. If any of those are highlighted in red, then you need to get more of those things.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
the game gives plenty of free diamonds, magic buildings and blueprints to allow a free-to-play player to play like a premium player without spending any money. You may not be able to afford all of the expansions, but you will get plenty of them and can run a blue town all for free.

Aritra

There are no buildings that can only be placed using diamonds. You must have not had the correct resources. Check what is required. If any of those are highlighted in red, then you need to get more of those things.
To add/clarify to your statement: there are no required buildings that can only be placed using diamonds.
I believe there are culture buildings that can only be placed with diamonds, but those, of course, are not required or integral.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@FAR2019 this is one of the flaws I have long seen complained about for this game and it is something that Inno is intentionally vague about, in hopes people will buy diamonds. As others said, there are no buildings that are needed to play the story and move through the chapters that will cost diamonds. There is exactly one time where the game makes you spend diamonds to upgrade the Builder's Hut, but the game also gives you those diamonds to spend on that. The sneaky thing that Inno does is any time you are short on any resource needed to build or upgrade a building or to start a production, you will see a diamond cost in place of the resource you are short on. The game does not tell you to just collect more of that resource, but instead just flashes that diamond cost and I am sure that lots of new players fall for that con. I think I will always consider this the most unsavory thing in this game.

Now, there are two exceptions: the building upgrades for the Builder's Hut and Magic Academy. Those can only be done with diamonds, but those upgrades are not needed to play through the story, even if they are very useful and, in the case of the MA, almost required as your first spending of diamonds, as it makes so much in the game easier and faster.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I forgot to include in my post on Inno diamond scams is when your portal is not high enough level to hold the goods you need and the game only says you can spend diamonds for the missing goods, rather than telling you to level up your portal. And when I complained about it, all I heard back was "This info is all on the Wiki."

Gladiola

I am a student with limited income and I only pay for free. I think the game is fun without diamonds -- I am able to get free diamonds from the Spire and the MA chests. It's much more generous than it was when the game first started. (Although there are also more things to spend diamonds on.)

Iyapo1

I just can get around the idea that people of low income resources does not have the same opportunity to fully play the game without having to spend money.
You can earn tons of free diamonds in the spire and crafting. It takes a good deal of time and effort but they are entirely free.

FAR2019

I’ve been playing for two years and I’m about finished with Woodelves. I’ve never seen a required building that requires diamonds. Which building do you think is required that cost diamonds?
Hi! I just completed the technology KPs and the buildings switched from diamonds to goods. There were the Marble, Steel and Planks Grafting. Thanks for pointing that out!

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Lol if you are playing on the App, it will not tell you if you are short on mana, for instance.