• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Diaper Thread

DeletedUser6547

If I can get away with this... If not direct me to the right area to submit it right. Is there a thread for AM and mages alike to sort out rotten apples? Meaning players who create drama in game however. I don't like adding a good player who needs to be coddled when the rest are active with a life. Not posting the screenshot here due to rules and a slap on the hands. Just direct me if there is such and where. If not maybe I'll make one on FB to direct AM and mages at. I am a mage who wants to get non drama in the FS and not someone who test runs and has an issue suddenly to hop to a higher FS.

DeletedUser6547

OK waiting for a reply on 1 FB group. They do have a AM/mage group and it might exist there. So far a couple posts of the expected.

DeletedUser1108

As tempting as the idea is (there are certainly players who have earned being placed on such a list), the likelihood of abuse and unfairness is so high that I just can't see it happening anywhere. Some things are just plain old personality conflicts that neither party handles well and things get out of hand. I have certainly encountered genuinely crazy people, but I've also had bad fits that I didn't handle properly. It would be too easy to place someone on such a list while you were still steaming over a disagreement and hadn't yet taken the time to examine your own role with calmer eyes. I think the current system of personal contact between AM's is about the best we can do...the problem being that contact usually happens AFTER you have taken the potential bad actor in. The new Elvenstats site does give you a way to research where a free player came from and make discreet inquires with the previous AM as to issues, but when someone inquires who is currently in another fellowship, it is not likely you'd want to contact the current AM so you will only hear one side of why they are leaving....new players will always be something of a crap shoot, but having a network of other AM's to pole helps some for me.

DeletedUser6547

You and Soggy has mentioned the Elvenstats site. So since no such diaper/blacklist exists, I won't start it. Use of the site to past AM's sounds much easier.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
While there are bad seeds and such a blacklist may save aggravation for an unsuspecting new FS, there are problems with the idea.
For one, as Kingcake said, sometimes there are just personality conflicts. The person goes to another FS and everything is fine.
The other problem is, sometimes the AM is the problem.Do you really want to take advice from some AM you never met?

DeletedUser9601

The other problem is, sometimes the AM is the problem.Do you really want to take advice from some AM you never met?
That's what I don't get. Being an AM doesn't impart some sort of automatic wisdom or insight into a player's character. And it doesn't mean that because an AM is unhappy with a player, the AM is in the right.

Maybe a player joins an FS for a few months, then leaves for a higher-ranked one. You assume that player did the FS wrong, but maybe the FS and the AM didn't come through on their promises. Maybe they promised 6 chests a week in tournaments, or a top 20 FA finish, and didn't deliver.

DeletedUser2824

As stated, the potential abuse of some kind of blacklist is way to big to delve into. You'd be better off cultivating relationships with folks from around the game, and garnering a kind of referral network. If you have a couple of people you've associated with well enough to trust if they give you a disclaimer about a potential recruit, you can make a better informed decision. But as with anything in life, always take everything you hear with a grain of salt; unless said person has a known history of repeated offences, it could just have been an isolated case of one or either party handling a situation badly.

There is also a matter of matching players and fellowships with the right fit; that is a very imperfect process. As stated, if an Archmage is sore because a member left for another fellowship, you have to keep in mind there may have been valid reasons for the player for doing so. It could have been anything as simple as finding a better match for their playstyle, or something more complicated like a leadership disagreement. It would be very improper to share some examples, so I'll just tell you that 1: recruiting is a pain and you'll get a lot of players that aren't what you are looking for along with the ones that you want, and 2: players will come and players will go. So if you have folks who leave to join a fellowship better suited to their needs, wish them well and move on.