• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Did I just see the game cheat?

Huor

I was in the spire, I had 4 archers and a mortar. The enemy had a blossom, archer, and 3 heavies. His archer was trapped by the blossom and the heavies. My archers took their turns. Then you could watch the game think about it because his archer was trapped. I expected, as has happened many times before when there are trapped units, my mortar would get off a free shot on this archer as it will go last. Not this time? His heavies moved and then his archer moved and shot one of my archers? I've never seen archers move after the heavy units. Am I just confused again and not paying attention? Wouldn't be the first time. lol.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Your archers have initiative over the enemy's Heavy units, but the enemy's light range has initiative over your units. So you used your Archers, then it was the enemy's turn to use their heavy units. After that, the next round starts, and the enemy's light range goes first.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
The initiative order I always find odd is frogs and golems go before war dogs. Generally heavy range go after light melee. Golems have same initiative as war dogs so sometimes golems go first pending starting position tie breaker, which makes them essentially skip a turn if you try using them vs war dogs as they can't reach war dogs on their first turn.

Huor

But that means my mortar was skipped in the first round! That's not fair. lol. I guess it can sometimes be like my mages. I get to use 3 of them, then the enemy moves one or two of theirs, then I get to use my other 2, then the rest of his go.

crackie

Mages are like light range. Between humans, elves, and enemies, there are so many different assortments. They all have differing initiative properties. It's difficult to just keep it as "mages" and not be specific about whether you're talking about sorceress, abbots, priests, blossoms, enchantress, or banshees.

Huor

Sorry! Mine are sacred priests. When I use 5, and they get first move, I don't get first move on all 5. Usually 3, then the other side takes a shot and then I get my other 2. This is usually when mages are on the other side. If he has all heavies for example, all 5 mages take their turn in the first round. It just interesting. I have not looked at the initiative of the other side and it may be we are equal and the player goes first and then RNG after that.

I was surprised to see a heavy unit move and then an archer move and then my mortar got a shot. I most likely missed something when I had my hand on the mortar button.

crackie

Priests have same initiative as Enchantress (13), but higher than Abbots (12). The tie-breaker goes to position. The higher position goes first so the Enchantress in position 5 moves before your Priest in position 3.

As to your specific issue, maybe you accidentally clicked on your mortar and skipped his turn? Also something you can't do autofighting is manually skipping a turn, which comes in handy sometimes, though not here lol.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
@Huor you are not going crazy, I have seen the odd combat error with initiative order a little messed up. I have a mixed encounter where a priest or abbot surprises me by going late, after a Steinlein has moved iirc. So few people run manual fights anymore.

Huor

Thank y'all! I didn't think I had that much new years spirits! Happy New Year to all!