• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Did you know this about expiring production building?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Now just maybe it's well known and I've always thrown the memo in the trash without reading it, but I just did an experiment and learned something new. If you have an expiring production building, like a ferris wheel, if it completes it's production but expires before you collect, you lose the collection too. I had 5 ferris wheels producing 1KP each. I knew they would finish production about 5 minutes before the building expired, but I didn't know if the production could be collected. It seems reasonable that it should be, right? It isn't. I collected the first 4 and then let the last expire. The KP went with it. So, I learned something new...for me, anyway.

AJ

Zoof

Now just maybe it's well known and I've always thrown the memo in the trash without reading it, but I just did an experiment and learned something new. If you have an expiring production building, like a ferris wheel, if it completes it's production but expires before you collect, you lose the collection too. I had 5 ferris wheels producing 1KP each. I knew they would finish production about 5 minutes before the building expired, but I didn't know if the production could be collected. It seems reasonable that it should be, right? It isn't. I collected the first 4 and then let the last expire. The KP went with it. So, I learned something new...for me, anyway.

AJ

I'd like to think it's something that's well-known, but only because I believe that nearly every (somewhat forgetful) expiring production building user has at some point missed the final collection due to this exact issue, and has experienced strong feelings of being cheated out of their last chance.

If you asked me to recall what item I lost through my first experience, I wouldn't be able to tell you. But I'll always remember what it made me feel. Confusion, quickly followed by slightly mournful unhappiness.

---

This "feature" isn't explicitly stated anywhere so there's no reason for anyone who hasn't had this happen to them to know. At least, not anywhere I could find. I'd have appreciated an in-game warning of the sort >.>

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I noticed this a while ago. Although I thought I was mistaken.
I could swear there was an update some time ago saying you could collect productions completed before a building expired.

Katwick

Cartographer
Not quite on the mark, but AFTER the building has expired, you can find it on the Move/Sell map without the Buildings showing. The expired building has a transparent GREY base. At least in the Android mobile version.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I'd like to think it's something that's well-known, but only because I believe that nearly every (somewhat forgetful) expiring production building user has at some point missed the final collection due to this exact issue, and has experienced strong feelings of being cheated out of their last chance.

If you asked me to recall what item I lost through my first experience, I wouldn't be able to tell you. But I'll always remember what it made me feel. Confusion, quickly followed by slightly mournful unhappiness.

---

This "feature" isn't explicitly stated anywhere so there's no reason for anyone who hasn't had this happen to them to know. At least, not anywhere I could find. I'd have appreciated an in-game warning of the sort >.>
Exactamundo. Me too.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Not quite on the mark, but AFTER the building has expired, you can find it on the Move/Sell map without the Buildings showing. The expired building has a transparent GREY base. At least in the Android mobile version.

Not sure what this means. After the building expires it just sits there and you can "find it on the Move/Sell map?" I'm on the browser version and the move and sell maps are not the same map. They look the same but aren't. In addition, I've never noticed a GREY base on expired buildings, but that's doesn't mean they aren't there. It may be you are speaking of the mobile version while I'm reporting from the browser one. I really should have made that clear. Sorry.

AJ

defiantoneks

yeah, and it stinks. IMO, if it finishes a production you should be able to collect it, then sell/delete the building. Especially on the buildings where it produces a single item, and is not a continuous production. It's like saying the last Oldsmobile that came off the lines doesn't exist, wasn't produced and was never sold.

I understand on something that would continue to produce, like the Towers of Light & Dark. Since those have no set production time it would be impossible to figure out how much was "done" when it expired.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I would like "Elvenar Architect" to be available on Android...So frustrating!
It's like trying to make a PB&J sandwich with a jar of nuts and a bag of grapes...and a sheaf of wheat.
Specifically, these grapes:
1679102165781.png

Deleted User - 849777001

Who buys "grapeless" grapes? The sign must have been crafted by an OrC!

SORRY FOR BEING OFF TOPIC !