• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Differentiate Ancient Knowledge Point (KP) Icons

iamthouth

Tetris Master
Currently Ancient KP icons for 5 and 7 are the same (blue), 10 and 15 the same (orange), and 20 and 30 are the same (purple).
I'd like the icons to have a unique design based on the amount please. Suggestions could be to rotate the arrow from the bottom left for some, or use a unique colour, or include the number in the icon.
image_2022-06-16_184440279.png

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
One of the overall problems in the game is that in many places the icons are so small for us "old folk" (and that's anyone who wishes people would believe they are "only" 39), and even when you over over them there's no pop-up to tell you what they represent. So, not only the colors should be changed, but a pop-up should come up in every place the icon is used so if your eyes aren't related to microscopes, you can just hover over and see what it is and it's value.

On the other hand, the smallest Crayola box of colors contains 8 colors. So it can't be too hard to find 8 colors, can it? And there are only 9 KP. So how about, red, green, blue, purple, orange, yellow, black, white and grey? The programming can't be more than a simple re-draw of the icon.

Or even replace the colored dot in the middle with a number -- though it would, in many instance, be too small to read.

The little arrow thing in the lower left of the icon could then be eliminated. Why is it there, btw? Is it what tells you if it's a 20 or a 30, for instance?

So, I do like this idea and would certainly support giving each a separate color.

AJ

Last edited:

iamthouth

Tetris Master
@helya we've had this up for a week, with most if not all comments in favour. If it needs the formal vote I'd appreciate if that could be set up, or otherwise forwarded as a suggestion. Thank you.