• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Dilemma! Phoenix or Magic Upgrades

NightshadeCS

I have a Fire Phoenix at level 8 (evolution). I have several magic residences and one magic workshop in need of upgrade. I only have 3 blueprints, and my FS only does one push tourney every month. I have just started Woodelves (hence the needing to upgrade).

A Phoenix artifact has come up in crafting for 3 BPs. Is it worth it to craft the artifact and put off upgrading my MRs and MW for quite a while?

NightshadeCS

Can I use diamonds for either of them if I am out of BPs? What are the cost differences, if any, and if anyone knows what they are?

Aritra

As far as which is better, I can't say. But it is my understanding that RRs can be crafted in MA and can be paid with 300 diamonds per BP if no BP in inventory.

(and I should probably hold my tongue and let someone else answer who actually knows for sure sure)

NightshadeCS

It costs 3 BPs to make the Phoenix artifact, but I don't know how many diamonds it would be replaced with since I have the BPs in inventory (so it doesn't show the diamond amounts for me). I don't know if a BP is just straight up worth 300 diamonds, or if it differs depending on what you are crafting, or if it is different when upgrading. I haven't used diamonds for magic upgrades in a long time. Well, maybe never, even.

Kekune

I'm pretty sure it's straight up worth 300 diamonds, wherever you substitute it. But I can't check, because I've got blueprints in inventory.

And I'd probably err on the side of getting that phoenix to a lvl 9, so you have an endless stream of PPs. Unless you just really don't need those.

NightshadeCS

Since I figured Phoenix Artifacts could go away at any minute, I crafted that with my BPs. With 0 BPs now in inventory, I can see that MR and MW upgrades do indeed cost 300 diamonds, though it would have been scientifically helpful to do it the other way around and see what the crafting would have cost (it required 10k SF, also, which must be worth something). Just too chicken to risk it!!

Luckily, diamonds are much more plentiful than those BPs in my baby(ish) city, so I won't balk at upgrading my magic buildings with those.

Dew Spinner

Since I figured Phoenix Artifacts could go away at any minute, I crafted that with my BPs. With 0 BPs now in inventory, I can see that MR and MW upgrades do indeed cost 300 diamonds, though it would have been scientifically helpful to do it the other way around and see what the crafting would have cost (it required 10k SF, also, which must be worth something). Just too chicken to risk it!!

Luckily, diamonds are much more plentiful than those BPs in my baby(ish) city, so I won't balk at upgrading my magic buildings with those.
All BP substitutions, upgrades or MA, are 300 diamonds per BP.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Yeah, it doesn't let you substitute blueprints with diamonds unless you are "short" blueprints. Ex: You have blueprints so magic buildings can't be upgraded with diamonds until that blueprint is used. Same in MA. If you have blueprints, you can't choose to use diamonds instead. You can't straight craft an artifact with 900 diamonds if you have any blueprints in your inventory, but it will be 600 diamonds if you only have 1.

Starr621

I have 3 blueprints ready to go for the next Phoenix Artifact but I have not seen one in over a month. At least it's nice to get confirmation that they still exist in the MA.

kctanzen

Stage 9 for the Fire Phoenix is a very critical spot, if I recall.
That is when it produces 5% Portal Profit spells every 48 hours..... (in addition to the usual goodies)

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Can I use diamonds for either of them if I am out of BPs? What are the cost differences, if any, and if anyone knows what they are?
You can substitute blueprints for 300 diamonds.

So the artefact would become 900 diamonds and a magic workshop / house becomes 300 diamonds

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
I have 3 blueprints ready to go for the next Phoenix Artifact but I have not seen one in over a month. At least it's nice to get confirmation that they still exist in the MA.
They still are, here I did some research on the petfood/relic/artefact pool
https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/pet-food.14861/

You have a 4-4,5% chance to het the Phoenix recipe, and 2% chance you get the stoneheng recipe on each new batch of recipes.

qaccy

I wouldn't mind using BPs to craft stuff. Magic buildings are always available from the Spire, so that can be an avenue to 'upgrade' magic buildings as well for anyone who's willing to wait to get lucky enough to win them.

Dew Spinner

I wouldn't mind using BPs to craft stuff. Magic buildings are always available from the Spire, so that can be an avenue to 'upgrade' magic buildings as well for anyone who's willing to wait to get lucky enough to win them.
You might have to wait a very looooong time! A chapter 17 player in my FS has only ever won 1 Magic WS.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
You might have to wait a very looooong time! A chapter 17 player in my FS has only ever won 1 Magic WS.
True story! I have 3 chapter 15 cities. And I am a serious spire player. I have won 2 magic workshops in 1 city. 1 magic workshop in the 2nd city. And in my 3rd city, I have NEVER won a magic workshop.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
On the other hand I have 6 Magic WS. I used to be down to just 5 WS but when I got more Magic I had to use them.

It is all luck of the draw.

Starr621

Ah so this could explain why I haven't seen any phoenix artifacts lately.

I actually didn't know which spot the artifact took between the relics/pet food - time boosters - CR/SW/PP - KP/shards - building spots. Since I almost always craft the relics for my newer city to get max bonuses later or craft the pet food to have an abundance when I finally do get the fire phoenix, this could be why I don't see them often since sometimes the recipe gets completed after the 6 hour reset. Ok now I need to make sure that spot is free for every reset to increase my sample size.

EDIT: I've found 3 straight stonehenge artifacts the last week...:(

Last edited: