• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Discovered resources.

Traser

I am in Chapter 8. I am not producing orcs but mysteriously, I have some. I was poking around and I found that I have them under 'discovered resources'. What are discovered resources?

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
I think they are just what they call new resources when you get to a part in the game that they start in. You can get orcs by upgrading your armories to chapter 8 level. That's when they start producing them. You can also down the road get them from completing certain quests or as rewards in quests. You will need them to negotiate certain encounters on your map and then in chapter 9 will need them in the spire for some negotiations as well. I don't remember everything but those are the main ones. You also use orcs in your training grounds to make the 2 different fighting kinds of orcs. You can also get orcs from one of the buildings in the MA. I think it is orc nest building. It produces them as long as you get them in ch.8.

Traser

Looks like it's going to be a while before I can get to chapter 9. It seems like I'm caught is a catch 22 situation. I need orcs to move on but I can't produce them. I guess that somehow this will all workout.

Zoof

Looks like it's going to be a while before I can get to chapter 9. It seems like I'm caught is a catch 22 situation. I need orcs to move on but I can't produce them. I guess that somehow this will all workout.
The game will never ask for a resource you're supposed to have before it becomes possible to produce it. That includes the orc wall on the world map. That's the game's way of telling you to STOP SCOUTING.

If something in that chapter is asking for orcs, you'll have already reached the point where you're able to research the Armory (Breeding Grounds) tech then upgrade your armories to at least level 20 (from which you are able to start producing orcs).

You'll also want to keep an eye out for Orc Nests in Magic Academy, as they will also produce orcs when obtained and deployed in chapter 8 or higher. I made sure to keep an eye on that on chapter entry in that small gap before I was supposed to even have orcs. I then went a wee bit overboard on that in my city and gathered nearly a quarter of a million orcs before making them (and a bunch of other things) go away for Fellowship Adventures. I'm coasting along happily with the current supply.

-- the future --

The instant you finish the Advanced Scouts tech in chapter 9, keep an eye out for Festival Merchants in the Magic Academy. A new resource (Mana) starts being a thing, and Festival Merchants made and collected in chapters 9 and 10 are among the best mana producers you'll find anywhere for quite a long time.

defiantoneks

doesnt look like you have any armories in your city, unless i've overlooked them in my post grass mowing delirium. aside from some event buildings that drop orcs, you will have to produce them from armories. or perhaps an orc nest from the MA.

edit: and of course they were right in front of me. you might want more, but that's your option. just start producing them from your armories. if they arent capable, then there are upgrades to be unlocked and applied.

Traser

I'm working 3 cities down from 8. 8 was way too much to handle. In 2 of the cities I have armories but not high enough in level. In 2 of the cities I've been able to do some manipulations to allow me to upgrade 1 armory to level 20. Now I am able to create orcs. That should allow me to unplug the backup in my research tree. Thanks for everyone's help. Onward!

Last edited:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
In the long run you can never have too many orcs. I once had 2.5 million and thought, "wow, won't use those up in a while." That was 2 months ago. Now I'm down to about 900k.

To get to 2.5 million I had 19 orc nests. Then some FA made me get rid of them. After all 2.5 million should a plenty for a long, long time, right?. Sigh. So: 1) never say you have too many orcs and; 2) craft a bunch of orc nests and count on them being a pretty much permanent part of you city.

That's my advice, anyway.

AJ