• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Discoveries, Visits, Rosters, Foci, and Hands

DeletedUser61

The rewards for visiting and buffing a city are substantial, and I'm quite happy with the requirement that we must actually VISIT each city, and maybe learn something, in order to collect the substantial rewards.

But WHY is the interface so clunky??

I'd like to discuss five different rosters, and how they could behave when you're visiting a city
  • The Global Roster, when you click on the host's rank, returns you to the Global Roster, and focuses on the host's name. This is GOOD, and doesn't need to be changed.
  • We'll hopefully have an Ancient Wonders roster, soon, and it should have functionality that's similar to the Global Roster. Indeed, I would be quite happy if "winning the game" depended on your AW score rather than Score = Required Workers + Required Culture + Relics weighted by the distance to their source ring.
  • The Trade List already has a radio button for undiscovered cities, and the Notification List already tells me who has been accepting my trades and making visits, so the Trade List is fine.
  • The Fellowship Roster, when you click on the shield, returns you to the Fellowship Overview. This is BAD. Clicking the shield should take you directly to the Fellowship Roster, with a focus on the host's name.
  • The Notification List isn't represented by an icon in the host's city, but we NEED an icon with the same functionality, for the Notification List. The Trade symbol would certainly be appropriate.
The Notification Roster, if it were done properly, would be a WONDERFUL way of returning visits, but we need some additional functionality.
  • A Radio Button would be a fine icon for indicating an undiscovered city.
  • If an undiscovered neighbor is buying my goods, I would be VERY interested in jumping to their city, following the blue arrow back to my locale, and scouting or gaining control of the bridging sectors, and thereby avoid the 50% markup on the trades that they are offering.
  • The discovered Trade icon or Hands icon, which would only apply for DISCOVERED cities, should be DYNAMIC with exactly the same functionality that exists in the host city and, further, clicking on that icon in the Notification List should both take me the city AND activate the buff icons.
  • The Hands in the Fellowship Roster should likewise both take me the city AND activate the buff icons.
  • I don't see any need for dynamic Hands in the Global Roster, Ancient Wonders roster, nor the Trade List, but I certainly wouldn't object if that were the easiest way to implement the overall functionality.
We also need a FILTER, for the Fellowship Roster and Notification List, that SUPPRESSES the cities that still have an unexpired buff timer.

I'm very happy with the current interface for wandering around on the World Map, the blue arrow is wonderful, so I'm NOT suggesting any sort of similar list for the World Map itself. My technique is to start in the upper left of my discovered territory, and then work right to left, top to bottom, and clicking on the World Map icon at the bottom of the page when I'm ready to visit the next city on the World Map.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The Fellowship Roster, when you click on the shield, returns you to the Fellowship Overview. This is BAD. Clicking the shield should take you directly to the Fellowship Roster, with a focus on the host's name.

This is one that I totally agree with,could save a load of time while visiting your fellowship roster!

DeletedUser627

Hahaha, Katwijk. I'm sure you would prefer ranking according to Wonders instead of according to overall game maximization! Way to tuck that little self-serving request in, hidden among some rational thoughts. If you convince the developers to listen to you, perhaps you'll be able to be in the top ten with only 30 clicks per day - your idea of heaven! Win Elvenar without really even playing.

DeletedUser61

There's a nice idiom in German.
If you don't think with your head, you get to think with your feet.

DeletedUser627

Dead giveaway, Katwijk. Why are you so familiar with German idioms?

DeletedUser61

My ex was German, and I worked in Spain for 5 years and Germany for 5 years.
Most of my German is pillow talk and swear words.

DeletedUser627

So your English is non-colloquial and your German idiomatic. You're a fast learner

DeletedUser61

It's no secret whatever that I manage a large Guild in FoE, and about 50 of the guild members are in our Forge Point Club. Significantly, there are no winners nor losers but rather everybody earns about 20% per week on their invested Forge Points.

In a couple of months, once we have the Ancient Wonders infrastructure in place, I have every intention of sponsoring a similar Knowledge Point Club here in Elvenar us1: Arendyll. I'll eventually plug the data into a table, for presentation in our forum and/or in a message group, but here are today's FoE results that I published about 5 minutes ago.

FP Club B+C has 2093 targeted points. 11/29/2015
Targets Rank&Name GB___ Prg Until
leveled #52 Jama Do Basil_ done /080
leveled #20 sewerurc Zeus__ done /270
leveled #67 sallymae Castel done /210
leveled #62 JimmyG_ Dresde done /090
1 open #54 mcjomar Lighth 125 /290
1 open #47 p157704 Lighth 192 /290
__full__ #2 Katwijk_ Castel 373 /919
5 open #50 Plinkerto StMark 011 /330
5 open #52 Jama Do Basil_ 000 /140
4 open #17 Reaphelt Chatea 005 /830

There's already a global list of all Great Buildings, per world, in FoE, so that concept is nothing novel, and there's a
fansite at http://www.forge-db.com/us/us2/gbs/?server=us2&world=Brisgard that provides additional functionality.

DeletedUser

• The Trade List already has a radio button for undiscovered cities, and the Notification List already tells me who has been accepting my trades and making visits, so the Trade List is fine.
Hi Katwijk. What is this radio button on the Trade List of which you speak??? Is this something in the Trader? I'm not seeing any such radio button there.

DeletedUser61

If you have not yet discovered the player who is offering the trade, they'll be on the fringes of the green area on your map, their trade will be flagged with a Dot In A Circle icon that's commonly called a Radio Button. From car radios I'd suppose.

There will be an ADDITIONAL 50% fee added if you accept a trade from an UNdiscovered neighbor, so it's a REALLY good idea to
  • Visit their city
  • Click on their map icon at the bottom of the page
  • Follow the blue arrow back to the fringes of your discovered territory
  • Scout and/or acquire the bridging sectors
  • Enjoy the benefits of an additional KNOWN TO BE ACTIVE trading partner

DeletedUser

Ahhh! Now I understand what you're talking about. That's an excellent strategy, Katwijk. I shall have to start implementing that to eliminate the trader fee. Thank you for bringing that one up! (You should share this with our fellows!)

But...I hate to be the one to tell you this, but those aren't radio buttons. They're little exclamation points in a circle. Just a little icon. See Photoshop enlargement below. :)

UndiscoveredPlayerInTrader.png

DeletedUser61

I guess you're right!
Those don't have dots either. :p

There's already a drop down visitation menu,
but if the Information Icons took you directly
to the city in question, that would be OK by me.
They would thereby be true exclusive selection
Radio Buttons.
RadioButton.jpg

DeletedUser

Aaaaah! Analog radio buttons! What a soothing sight! :) Haven't pushed (or pulled) one of these buttons in ages...