• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Display Squads count on 4 digits in military buildings

Shyama1

Actually Military Buildings display Number of troops Squads on 3 digits. When we have more than 999 Squads of any troop, it shows as >999x.

It would be nice to display that number on 4 digits, as not knowing how many troops we have is a real issue.

The x at the end of Squads count is completely useless, so we have room for that extra digit. (And even without removing the x, there is room for an extra digit).

I wasn't sure whether to post this in suggestions or in glitches and I didn't want to make a double post, so if a Moderator thinks it fits better in glitches, please move it to that section... Thanks ;-)

Risen Malchiah

Wow, I've only ever seen the >999x while doing the early provinces in a tournament. If you have that many actual squads in your barracks, you could plop down an Unleashed Unit building, feed your Phoenix and do 50 provinces in every tourney for the next few months. :)

But I agree having an extra digit might be useful. I'm not sure I'll ever need that many but maybe one day.

Shyama1

As it may take some time for devs to fix this issue (if they ever do), I created a quick spreadsheet that allows me to correctly display my squads counts, calculated from the number of units and units per squad.

It's not ideal, I wish I could see my squads counts ingame and in real time , but at least it allows me to check my troops between tourneys to keep them balanced.

I share this spreadsheet in case some other players would face the same issue. Here is the link, this is a read-only access. To create your own working copy, open the File menu and click Make a copy.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G9NI-aI1zDDWOp9_2AZNrfNeLU3SGHdXy91Eafcy2jE/edit?usp=sharing

It is really simple to use and I have added some quick instructions on the spreadsheet itself.

Currently, it only manages the Barracks units, because I am far from 1K for alt. units, but in case someone needs this to work with other units, just let me know and I will make a new version that supports the Training Grounds and the Mercenary Camp units as well.

I hope it helps

Last edited:

Risen Malchiah

Props for giving yourself 1337 mortars. ;)

Ultimately, knowing how many units you have doesn't matter, but knowing how many *squads* does and I agree it would be nice to see numbers greater than 999. Simply removing the x and allowing for a 4 digit number would suffice.

Shyama1

Thanks Risen Malchiah ;)

I also thought , if they display squads on 4 digits, the ">" would become unecessary, as it is unelikely someone ever passes the 10K Squads.

Risen Malchiah

If they display squads on 4 digits, the ">" would become unecessary, as it is unelikely someone ever passes the 10K Squads.
Someone on the forums had posted a picture of their squads and they had >999x actual squads, which means for the first round in a tourney, they could potentially see 10k. If they just removed the x and allowed 4 digits, it would be great. Then if they want, they can have >9999. I can't ever imagine having that many because I'm constantly using them but the option could be there. :)

Shyama1

...they had >999x actual squads, which means for the first round in a tourney, they could potentially see 10k.

Well, >999, they had more than 1000, just like me, but I really doubt they had more than 10.000. Anyway, as you say, there is still enough room to display >9999

EDIT: sorry I didn't see at first you mentionned "in tourney situation". It is indeed easy for anyone to pass 10K squads on low provinces...

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Well, >999, they had more than 1000, just like me, but I really doubt they had more than 10.000. Anyway, as you say, there is still enough room to display >9999
apparently you doubt wrongly. First encounter in today's tournament, my heavy melee is 18/squad. With 327,000 units, that's 11550 squads.

Shyama1

apparently you doubt wrongly. First encounter in today's tournament, my heavy melee is 18/squad. With 327,000 units, that's 11550 squads.

I see what you mean Ashrem. These are not really your Squads with your Squadsize, but the Tournament Squads with tournament Squadsizes.

Tournament squadziseq start with really tiny Squads for the first provinces of round 1, ending en up with huge Squads for the last provinces of round 6.
I did not think to that case, but it's true I see >999 until I reach province 25~30.

So yep, you're right, it is necessary to keep the ">" sign for this situation, even with 4 digits.

Last edited: