• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Disproportionate FA Badges

HallowedMystique

It seems to me that there are disproportionate requirements for badges in the FA in that the requirements for "easy" badges, such as witch hats, are much lower than the requirements for "hard" badges, such as Farmers and Blacksmiths. Generally, the entire fellowship has to contribute blacksmiths to fill the waypoint, but it is often possible for a single fellowship member to fill the easier badge waypoints. As a result, fellowship members often wind up with a high inventory count of badges that they never get to use. Perhaps Inno could analyze leftover badge counts to better structure the FA badge requirements...? Certain badges never seem to appear in the pit either, which helps to ensure there are lots of leftover badges. Thanks for your attention.
HallowedMystique

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I sympathize but

Be careful what you ask for! Do you really want them to make 'easy' badges harder? Or for them to triple their numbers?

Edit: in the past, when we asked for a rebalance, we got:
Farmers went from 5 x Groceries to 10 x Groceries, for example. Or more Coins for the Sack of Coins.

Last edited:

HallowedMystique

I wasn't asking for them to increase the hard badges or increase the requirements to make them. I am asking that the number of easy badges at waypoints be increased so that more fellowship members can contribute.

BrinDarby

I am asking that the number of easy badges at waypoints be increased so that more fellowship members can contribute.
This is part of FS Mgmt.... make it clear to your FS,
Not to slam easy badges, share them more....

What I mean is..... if a WP needs 25 ElvGuard badges,
and you have 22... thats an "easy" badge, so just put
in 2-3, not all 22 you have.... go back to it later and
see if your FS got "stuck", in which case you can add
more then......

I do this for both easy and hard badges. There is no
reason for Inno to increase badges just so there's
more opportunity to fill WPs.....

Also, the current req's reflect Inno's drive to balance
out req's for both the huge FSs and the small ones.
You add more badges, and those FSs on the fringe
of not complete'n the FA, won't. They will fail, all so
your FS can have an easier time filling badges.... ???

defiantoneks

i still wanna know why the Elves have an advantage. Because the Planks manufactory is 2x1, I can place double the amount of temporary buildings in the same space as a hooman city could. AND because marble is 1x2, that means even MORE space that can be used for necklaces and statues depending on what sort of cubbyholes you are trying to fit the buildings into.

YarL

I am not proposing any changes but I noticed this past FA I wound up with over 500 unused badges (admittedly almost 200 were guards). I wasn’t’ trying for any of those badges, they just accumulated during the course of normal play.

I remember back to the early stages when I could place a hundred workshops and one hundred marble manufactories, I think I was more valuable to my fellowship back then. :)

But I remember the horrors of having to rotate through the different badges to select the proper one you wanted to create. The UI is soooo much better now!

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I'm just not sure why Opie thinks having leftover "easy" badges is a problem.
That falls into the category of "so what?" for me.
Also, it is important to have easy badges to make sure everyone gets on the map.
And
It must be noted that not all easy badges are easy for everyone.
I tend to have large numbers of the badges you get from spire, tourny, and crafting. But not everyone can do as much of those as I do.
Also, some people have the space to put out 100 or more workshops and factories. So things like smiths and statues are easier for them.
My point is, I agree with what others have said. Don't try to mess with the balancing. It never works out well for us.

But I remember the horrors of having to rotate through the different badges to select the proper one you wanted to create.

Oh Em Gee
Yes that is one of the best improvements Inno ever made. Especially combined with the more recent change of being able to let the badges "run over." Remember what a pain it was to have to stop every two provinces to collect badges?
And while we're on the subject, another great improvement we now take for granted is being able to set all shops or factories at once.