• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Do I have to upgrade Barracks for Orcs?

DeepTerminal

I understand that for the Orcs chapter, I need to build and upgrade the Training Grounds and around 3 armories to produce Orcs.

But currently, in order to save space (and since I always negotiate and never fight), I'm keeping my Barracks at level 9. For the Orcs chapter, do I have to upgrade the Barracks to higher levels as well? Is it going to help with Orcs production?

DeepTerminal

You only need to upgrade your armories to lvl 20 or higher. I've not needed more than 2 armories solely for that purpose. The orc fighting units produced in the training grounds are not the same type as the orcs produced in the armories (breeding grounds from lvl 20+).
so are you saying i dont have to build the training grounds at all? only 2 armories?

Vergazi

If Orcs are your main concern then it's only Armories that turn into Orc Breeding Grounds ( armories ) at a certain level. You can also craft Orc Nests after you have completed Advanced Scouts for O&Gs and the Nests at that point will produce Orcs for you automatically. The more you make the more Orcs you get and for free at the cost of 8 tiles of space.

DeletedUser4699

so are you saying i dont have to build the training grounds at all? only 2 armories?

Correct, you do not have to build the training grounds at all. It will not help you in producing the orcs needed for negotiating encounters or production requirements in the orc guest race settlement. I'm in chapter 15, and I've used 2 armories the entire time. Some people use 3, but I've found 2 to be adequate.

DeletedUser5801

Correct, you do not have to build the training grounds at all. It will not help you in producing the orcs needed for negotiating encounters or production requirements in the orc guest race settlement. I'm in chapter 15, and I've used 2 armories the entire time. Some people use 3, but I've found 2 to be adequate.

If you don't have a training ground, do you not have any of the troops from it? The Poison Dryad is the bomb as a light ranged unit! She is more powerful than any other in the armies against heavy melee units. I like having all of them because it give me more breadth and more ability to use the powerful troops strategically when needed.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
If you don't have a training ground, do you not have any of the troops from it? The Poison Dryad is the bomb as a light ranged unit! She is more powerful than any other in the armies against heavy melee units. I like having all of them because it give me more breadth and more ability to use the powerful troops strategically when needed.

Without a training ground you can only get troops that are produced in it from special buildings like grounds of orc strategist or brown bear, etc. The OP doesn't use combat so the building is of no use to them. For people who do use combat it is a useful building to have ;)