• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Do military units regenerate when out of combat?

DeletedUser

After each battle, I find some of my units (at times all) dead or injured to a greater or lesser degree. I use the diamonds option to heal or revive units I have been granted but cannot create yet (like golems) but have not been healing slightly wounded army units when I can produce more of that type (sword dancers, etc). My question is that will these wounded units heal when out of combat over time (as with FoE) or will they eventually show back up in an army I select in the future in their wounded condition?

DeletedUser61

My question is that will these wounded units heal when out of combat over time
  • Elvenar uses Squad Size, rather than Unit Health, but the effect is much the same.
  • The formula for attack power is 10% + 90% of the remaining squad size.
  • The 10% prevents stalemates when both sides are down to only a couple units.
  • If you have enough units left, you'll always start each fight with full squads, and you can train more squads (or partial squads) in the barracks.
  • Training more troops is pretty much the same as healing squads, except that it's not automatic.

DeletedUser188

Your units do not regenerate after a battle
The units you lose in the fight are lost for good
In order to replace them you have to train more troops
Its not like FoE where your injured troops will regenerate if there is 1 bar of health left

DeletedUser

Thanks for all the information. I suppose eventually I will see some of my injured sword dancer II's pop back into my armies selection, if they are just tossed back into the queue to become part of a squad. Or perhaps if injured they don't contribute to as much to squad size. I continue to train new squads, so perhaps this is why I have not seen any "injured" squads deployed, where I presumably could note them by their squad size being smaller than normal.

DeletedUser3575

Or perhaps if injured they don't contribute to as much to squad size. I continue to train new squads, so perhaps this is why I have not seen any "injured" squads deployed, where I presumably could note them by their squad size being smaller than normal.

The individual units aren't "injured". They're either dead or alive. That green bar is how many individual units you have left in the squad, and the diamonds you're using to "heal" them are really just buying replacements for the dead units. Does that make more sense?

If you don't have enough of a particular type of troop for a full squad, you can still deploy as many as you have, but you'll see the green bar isn't full because you don't have enough units for the full stack. They're not "injured", they're just not there.

DeletedUser

Yep, already ran low on light melee units when trying to complete the recent quest, discovered I was not deploying full squads anymore. So off to train more, could not complete the quest in the allotted time anyway. Nothing like being asked to complete 8 hour productions when the quest timer ends in 3 hours :)