• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Do ya like it hard?

BrinDarby

so a system that would cut off the bottom 70% wouldn't really be achievable.

Yet currently the manor set, apparently only 7-12% might complete it ...
unacceptable in my book..... but Soggy, its always a curse to be smart...
alot less challanges in RL , and in games like this.

50 tasks in a row, we don't all have 0% cooldown, nor endless encounters
available like you do, I feel bad for you that its even easier than it is 4me.

You also have to consider, some tasks are anything but adjusted for
"difficulty" .... CH2, CH4, CH8 city, all have same "do 10 encounters"....
sure "produce xxxxx fresh supplies" that 1 is adjusted fine, but others
are not. When u need 4 enchantments, it matters if u have a lvl-1 MA
or a lvl-5 MA, and just how many time boosters do u have saved up.

Even factors like.... Spire/Tourn is harder during a FA, because longer
productions are need'd so production suffers... I'm still waiting for
15m or 1h workshop badges, quit catering to the once a day players.

In that 1 thread you said % completion for "success" should be more
than even I was saying, so if we get "good harder", can we bothg live
with 2-5% finishing ??? Personally, I can live with not finishing.... IF it is
not based on luck, only if its based on brains & hard work ... That way
if I don't finish, its my fault - not Inno's......

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Yet currently the manor set, apparently only 7-12% might complete it
Source? This doesn't track with my projections at all
50 tasks in a row, we don't all have 0% cooldown
I have had 0% cooldown only on beta and only got it 3 days ago, haven't even used it yet.

Also, I did much harder events before the bears or timewarp were invented and timer instants didn't even exist.
I know what it's like to be low-level, I've been there. Heck, we didn't even have any "or" quests back then.

n that 1 thread you said % completion for "success" should be more
than even I was saying, so if we get "good harder", can we bothg live
with 2-5% finishing ?
Nooooo.
Do NOT mix up diamond gates with difficulty, please.

No matter how hard players try in this event, no matter how much time they spend, if they don't spend $/ :diamond: many will fail.
That is NOT the same as players failing to complete tasks due to lack of time spent making beverages or fighting in the tournament or whatever.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
In the long run I have only 2 complaints about events and fixing one will fix the other. they are too often and too long.

If they were less often I could actually have some provinces saved up to do/earn relics when asked. As it is now they come so often I can't keep up. If they were shorter we could get through them and nobody would have to have those annoying "one a day" quests that make you feel like you've just entered the "tedious zone" (play boring twilight zone music here).

Other than that the prizes are okay and I only go after the troop instants anyway. The buildings are sometimes nice, but usually below what I already have. My Venar Rocks III, for instance gives me 13,700 pop and 13,700 culture, so why bother going after something that is a lot less than what you have in inventory?

So less events or shorter in duration. Other than that they seem, for the most part, to be okay the way they are.

AJ

DeletedUser27581

I just voted yes. I'm getting really tired of the daily exclusives being so lack luster. I've been playing these events since the very first summer event came out, years ago.
I've lost interest in the prizes over the last year or so.
We need the anticipation and excitement brought back, even if only a few times a year. I miss being excited and engaged in events, like I used to be during the old Carnival events, or the Winter/Summer events, etc.
Anyway, I posted the rest of my reasoning here: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/winter-magic-2021.17230/post-103833
Good idea, making a poll....sorry I'm so late to the party! :cool:

Ivy1996

Yes, I changed to option 3. I've started a second city recently and as mentioned before, getting enough enchantments or do a lot of encounters is a lot more challenging in a lower chapter city.

Lemon Wren

I voted for "No, I hate messing up my city for a turd town."

Lately I find myself wondering how long I'll play this game. I realized that I started playing a game that I thought was a city builder, as the ads I saw kind of 'promised' a build your own fantasy town. Instead, however, I'm grinding timers and boosts so I can play for more timers and boosts. I mean, sure, not exactly, but it is beginning to feel like a grind for grind's sake and is definitely not actually a build your own fantasy town.

Further, as I level up, the game actually gets harder until I can figure out how to make it easier again. At which point I start a new chapter and the harder until easier starts all over again. And is there an end game? Not that I can see.

So no, I don't want harder anything in this game, haha, I guess is my belabored point.

Lemon Wren

I wish i could do all the quests in one or two days like we used o be able to... that was my favorite way to do an event. finish fast, and take 22-28 days off for me and my city design/ growth.

Perhaps this would ameliorate my current Elvenar innui. Just have fewer quests/events or make them much shorter, so I can simply enjoy my towns.

Myne

Oh Wise One
My two cents: I would like to see FAs be quarterly with much better rewards.
Regular in game quests could be better, perhaps throw some more challenging ones in the mix.
Other events, if they want to hold them monthly, are fine. I do like the troop rewards. I think there is a lot they could do with them if they would. I also think they could add some optional side type quests or other types of optional things to them. If for no other reason than keeping interest up.

SoggyShorts

They used to have mini-games in which people had to produce a certain amount of goods. I can't quite remember what they were, but I know I liked them. What happened to those?
Craftsman's Challenges.
The problem with those was that when you collected say 10 blacksmiths as per the goal you automatically, without opening any other interface, received the badges for doing so. You know, the same thing we've asked for in the FA for 5 years? Yeah, having such a glaring example of how great things could be would have sparked open revolt I guess.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
As a newer player, I probably have a different perspective/experience than all the long-time players. For me, the events have been fairly balanced, and all the prize buildings helpful, at least for a while. My first event was this summer's Elvarian Games which started roughly two weeks after I began playing. I was nowhere near finishing the quest list, but through careful currency management (and a lot of good luck!) was able to eke out 6 artefacts for the ToT, which made it Level 9 after the FA. In the last event I played, the Autumn Zodiac, I had to seriously plan ahead (hours and hours of real-world-time planning) to get through the quest list. That said, I was able to finish the quest list on the last day, without spending any diamonds or real money, and completely evolved my Red Panda, plus another base, and an extra artefact for finishing in silver. That was more time than I'll spend in future, however, I know it is possible to 'finish' an event with hard work and elbow grease even at my level.

So for me, the challenge felt good; finishing required an enormous outlay of time and brain power, but it was possible. If the events were any harder, I wouldn't have the slightest chance of finishing (defined as completely evolving the prize building and/or getting all the way through the quest list), and while it wouldn't keep me from playing because anything extra is helpful, I would be somewhat disappointed. That said, I realise many late-game players are finding the events ridiculously easy, which is also frustrating for them, so I don't know what the appropriate balance should be.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
As a newer player, I probably have a different perspective/experience than all the long-time players. For me, the events have been fairly balanced, and all the prize buildings helpful, at least for a while. My first event was this summer's Elvarian Games which started roughly two weeks after I began playing. I was nowhere near finishing the quest list, but through careful currency management (and a lot of good luck!) was able to eke out 6 artefacts for the ToT, which made it Level 9 after the FA. In the last event I played, the Autumn Zodiac, I had to seriously plan ahead (hours and hours of real-world-time planning) to get through the quest list. That said, I was able to finish the quest list on the last day, without spending any diamonds or real money, and completely evolved my Red Panda, plus another base, and an extra artefact for finishing in silver. That was more time than I'll spend in future, however, I know it is possible to 'finish' an event with hard work and elbow grease even at my level.

So for me, the challenge felt good; finishing required an enormous outlay of time and brain power, but it was possible. If the events were any harder, I wouldn't have the slightest chance of finishing (defined as completely evolving the prize building and/or getting all the way through the quest list), and while it wouldn't keep me from playing because anything extra is helpful, I would be somewhat disappointed. That said, I realise many late-game players are finding the events ridiculously easy, which is also frustrating for them, so I don't know what the appropriate balance should be.
They do get harder as you progress. For example in the FA, to make one bracelet I have to have close to 53000 goods. On another ID that's much lower, it's only about a tenth of that. But I know what you mean and you're right. Some things do get easier as time passes, while some things get harder (Right now, I'm doing a scout that runs close to 50 hours and I need 18 more before I can get an expansion.) It all balances out. Anyway, it sounds as if you're off to a great start!

Lemon Wren

Craftsman's Challenges.
The problem with those was that when you collected say 10 blacksmiths as per the goal you automatically, without opening any other interface, received the badges for doing so. You know, the same thing we've asked for in the FA for 5 years?

I dislike having to back out of a tourney every three encounters just to collect the badge during a FA. I hate forgetting the game doesn't auto credit me for all the Elegant Statues I just made and instead of getting credit for five or ten statues, I only get credit for one because I forgot to back out after collecting two each time to get the badge and I just get credit for one because I collected them all without thinking. Ditto paying attention to the other badges that I need to be mindful of while collecting troops and whatnot.

Just another reason FA's aren't great. I try my best to help my FS's (because there are guildmates in all my FS's who care about the FA's and I like my guildmates) but sometimes I'm like, no, I'm just going to finish this whatever and get the ONE BADGE and not all the other badges I could have gotten if getting badge credit wasn't a time wasting chore.

SoggyShorts

I'm just going to finish this whatever and get the ONE BADGE and not all the other badges I could have gotten if getting badge credit wasn't a time wasting chore.
Yup. Due entirely to the unnecessarily awkward interface the FA tasks are chores and not challenges.

The main reason it is the way we currently have it is because of just how bad it used to be. A while before your time we had to use the quest giver on the side and click "decline' "yes" 16x to get to the right badge for every single badge. That turd sandwich was so bad that when inno removed 90% of the turdiness most players gobbled it up and said "yum!"
When we pointed out how easy it would be to just go that 10% further and make a turd-free version it fell on deaf ears because we got drowned out by all of the praise from the afore mention turd munchers.

This rant brought to you by the word of the day:
Turd. Try working it into your posts, it adds flavor.