• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Do ya like it hard?

SunsetDanar

I would like to see a return to what a reward actually is. The League thing is a somewhat hidden way to make you buy something for less than you submit for. To me, the reward should come from effort and diligence and echo that but it doesn't. We are way far apart from what we as players consider to be a reward than what Inno has been doing recently. The effort and expenditure per gain is just not happening in my world.

Lemon Wren

I would like to see a return to what a reward actually is. The League thing is a somewhat hidden way to make you buy something for less than you submit for. To me, the reward should come from effort and diligence and echo that but it doesn't. We are way far apart from what we as players consider to be a reward than what Inno has been doing recently. The effort and expenditure per gain is just not happening in my world.

Agree wholeheartedly. And as someone who bought diamonds in the very beginning, doesn't anymore, and also recognizes Inno has to have income to keep the game running - please offer city cosmetics for cash. I really want to enjoy my city again.

Screen Shot 2021-11-25 at 12.33.08 AM.png

Tehya1

Harder is not a word that I would choose for event quests and chests unless by harder you mean something like the pet food quest or buying 30 kp. Those quests are unreasonably hard (I think we had a consensus during misty forest) and mindless. You either had the pet food or you didn't. You had the resources or diamonds to buy the kp or you didn't. If that is you definition of hard, then I vote easier, if for no other reason than to avoid discouraging smaller players.

If by hard, you mean challenging, like misty forest (mildly challenging) vs not challenging like the fall event with chests and prizes (random randomness), then I vote more challenging.

The wording of the choices throws me off a bit.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
If by hard, you mean challenging
By "hard" I do mean "challenging", yes and that (to me) means something that you must do outside of your normal play.
E.G. a buttload of beverages or some 24/48 hour productions. These kinds of quests are best accomplished through building a significant number of level 1 buildings which involves disrupting regular play and city-design in order to squeeze in as many as possible. It can also mess up your normal productions which hurts your resource counts etc.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
By "hard" I do mean "challenging", yes and that (to me) means something that you must do outside of your normal play.
E.G. a buttload of beverages or some 24/48 hour productions. These kinds of quests are best accomplished through building a significant number of level 1 buildings which involves disrupting regular play and city-design in order to squeeze in as many as possible. It can also mess up your normal productions which hurts your resource counts etc.
But all I would have to do in order to fulfill the kind of quests you describe here would be to leave a few of my L1 workshops or L1 manufacturies around after a fellowship adventure. So if Inno made events *HARD* in the manner you describe here, then what you have really accomplished is to establish permanent L1 slums in every city. How is this progress?

BrinDarby

We should never expect "hard" tasks untill they are truly CH balanced.
as for the mini-game... I'm all for a "more challanging" Event....

If you put in "some" xtra time, to do all 75 tasks, plus "drops"....
Then there should be a way to achieve a lvl-10 evolve or a Full set.
(caviot : If you sucessfully overcome the challange )

Yes, that means with full currency, some ppl won't go tht far,
but it won't be because of a faulty RNG, its player error......

Howabout we start there ?

Fayeanne

E.G. a buttload of beverages or some 24/48 hour productions.

I actually prefer these over the general "supplies" or "goods" quests. A quest that asks for a 2d production, for example, will only require a single 2d production out of any manufactory, whereas the "goods" quests tend to require the equivalent of 4-5 2d productions out of max-level manufactories. It's easier to stuff a large number of 1x2 sized level 1 manufactories into a city than max-level 16x12 buildings.

Events always disrupt my normal play no matter what the quests are asking for since I never collect anything during an event unless a quest is asking for it (and I generally don't upgrade buildings unless a quest wants it either, to reserve the builders just in case; and I don't scout or clear provinces or do tournament or Spire encounters unless a quest wants them, etc.). Thus, my normal city progression basically grinds to a complete halt during the event. (Which is why the frequency of events is more of an issue than the challenge of the events. Grinding to a halt for a challenging event is fine, but when you are doing that for more weeks out of the year than you are actually progressing your city...)