• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Do you know how to Archmage?

NightshadeCS

@GizmoWolf , we would be happy to give you whatever tips we can here on the Forum. Do you have specific questions, or are you looking for more of a general overview?

Fellowships can be very different, and the role of the archmage can be very hands-on, or hands-free. ;) ;)

Let us know what you want to know!

Captain Scruffles

Hi,
I want to do a fairly low key approach to archmage and just got given the job. My fellowship is active players and we focus on keeping it that way. I thought that the previous Archmage had a way to look at player stats (such as tourney stats for individual players) and therefore remove any inactive players. What's the simplest way for me to check on the stats occassionally?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Having sworn off Facebook due to it's overly paternalistic attitude toward it's patrons, I am looking for an alternative place to interact with AM's. It's pretty sad, in my opinion, when the big social media places decide they will be the arbiters of proper expression. Sadly, too often, "proper expression" is not about the form of expression but about the thoughts being expressed. I don't need a nanny to tell me to whom I should listen and to whom I should not. Well, that's enough said about that.

AJ

I had my Archmage title thrust upon me. I knew the old Archmage wanted to leave the group and asked for volunteers. One day I noticed she was gone and wondered who the new one was. Lo and Behold, it was me! {choke}{sob} I try to be a little hands on, I have delegated an FA leader (he was doing it anyway), post Elvenstats every week and have been trying to weed out the people not playing.

cindywillow

I pretty much was delegated to be the AM in my FS. That was 2 years ago and I'm enjoying the job. I post the weekly Stats Report from ElvenStats, keep track of player's visits and post a weekly news report with anything pertinent that I want my Team to know. We are currently ranked #40, finished 12th in the last FA and do 10+ chests in the weekly tourneys. I guess I'm doing an okay job.
:)

WolfWillow

I am archmage by default. We have 5 players that have not participated in 3 months. How do I remove them to make room for recruits?

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
For new recruits, use elvenstats.com to check if they’re active, their boosts, chapter level, etc. :)

Last edited:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I am archmage by default. We have 5 players that have not participated in 3 months. How do I remove them to make room for recruits?
You should have been issued a trebuchet when you became archmage. What you do is load your soon to be former member in it and then crank that sucker all the way back. Then pull the cord and wave goodbye to your former member as they fly through the air. ;)

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Hi @WolfWillow
The above advice only works if you are a mage, of course. There are ways of having the Archmage replaced with an active player. You must write Support and give all the information you have on the absentee AM - eg, last tourneyed on x date, someone remembers seeing enspelled culture about 4 days later, then nothing ..
I know this is a hard choice but all the mail sent 'to the fellowship' is going to a dead city.

Dopeykr

How do you get Elvenstats to work on Mobile. I look up my Fellowship but all I get is Fellowships with the same name but in different Worlds.

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
How do you get Elvenstats to work on Mobile. I look up my Fellowship but all I get is Fellowships with the same name but in different Worlds.
Try looking up your player name and select the fellowship you wish to view.

Myne

Oh Wise One
First thing to do is scoot over to elvenstats.com and click up on the right side where it says "my fellowship". Then you can look and see all the inactive players in the fellowship. Expel them immediately.
Then, if you want to accept any and all players, go to your fellowships' overview page and open it up to all. If you need to be more choosy on who you let in, say for balancing of goods, set the fellowship for invite only. Be sure to edit the page for any requirements you have for potential players.
Next, review who your mages and ambassadors are and make some possibly hard choices. Each person you want to be a mage needs to be clear on what you expect of them. It's not just a title you give away as an incentive to stay.
Post here on the forums and on the facebook page to let potential players know you have openings.
After that, take things as they come for a little while. You'll be fine.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Make sure to post on the recruitment page on the forum. That's how I found my first fellowship.

bkbajb

Having sworn off Facebook due to it's overly paternalistic attitude toward it's patrons, I am looking for an alternative place to interact with AM's. It's pretty sad, in my opinion, when the big social media places decide they will be the arbiters of proper expression. Sadly, too often, "pr expression" is not about the form of expression but about the thoughts being expressed. I don't need a nanny to tell me to whom I should listen and to whom I should not. Well, that's enough said about that.

AJ

I agree

Dopeykr

Elvenstats just doesn't work. Now since I changed the name to a Fellowship member to find out if they are still active. It won't allow me to change it back. This just doesn't work.