• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Do you simply sell off Dwarven Portal and ALL granite/copper mines?

DeletedUser7367

OK..... got ONE more [Ancient Wonder] to amass enough granite and copper to get into Section VII... Faeries... Simple question.... Do you 'then' sell off ALL Dwarven stuff or what? I see NO copper or granite required in Faeries... Many thanks in advance! ;)

DeletedUser7367

theres a quest to sell your dwarven portal.
you can keep the mines around to save up for roads, but that's it, you don't need them for chapter 7
Help me out for clarity sake..... There's a 'quest in Section VII' to sell off the big portal? Also, if I don't need the mines..... you lost me on the 'keep the mines for roads' comment..... Confused, mate...Pls. clarify.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Making granite is free. Until you get the quest to sell the portal, you could keep making granite for no charge, and then you can use that to upgrade some of your roads to Dwarven style roads later, if you want to and haven't already, but for that to work, you also need copper, coin and supplies. So if your roads are already upgraded to dwarven, or you don't plan to, then the only possible use for the mines is to store materials you might need later. Your Main Hall holds limited coins and supplies, so by keeping the mines for a bit, you have an extra storage of those you can use when needed by selling them off. If your Main Hall is usually near empty, and you don't want to convert roads to dwarven style, then once you get into fairies there is no reason not to get rid of the mines.

DeletedUser7367

My only question to your well stated summation: I always have TONS of gold and supplies.....To convert roads ALL to dwarven, b4 tackling Dwarven Ancient Wonder Technology is a foolish waste and delays finishing Dwarves..... Would I not be better served to discard the mines AND tracks once entering Faeries and simply update with Section VII roads? Not sure what the 'extra storage from mines' means..... slightly confused, Ashrem....

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
My only question to your well stated summation: I always have TONS of gold and supplies.....To convert roads ALL to dwarven, b4 tackling Dwarven Ancient Wonder Technology is a foolish waste and delays finishing Dwarves..... Would I not be better served to discard the mines AND tracks once entering Faeries and simply update with Section VII roads? Not sure what the 'extra storage from mines' means..... slightly confused, Ashrem....
In fact, most people do skip over dwarven roads and proceed directly to fairy roads, so probably yes, you are better off skipping them if you aren't desperate for the extra culture

Each fully upgraded granite mine can be sold for 200,000coin and 17,000 supplies. if you have ten of them, that is 2 million coins and 170,000 supplies that are not taking up room in your Main Hall. If you sell the mines right away, that pours into your Main hall and becomes part of your limit, but if you wait until you need the space, that's an extra couple of million you can dump in your bank at any time when you need it by selling them. For some people that doesn't matter, but if you have an expensive building you need to do, like a Main hall upgrade, that's a quick shot in the bank account after you spend it.

DeletedUser7367

In fact, most people do skip over dwarven roads and proceed directly to fairy roads, so probably yes, you are better off skipping them if you aren't desperate for the extra culture

Each fully upgraded granite mine can be sold for 200,000coin and 17,000 supplies. if you have ten of them, that is 2 million coins and 170,000 supplies that are not taking up room in your Main Hall. If you sell the mines right away, that pours into your Main hall and becomes part of your limit, but if you wait until you need the space, that's an extra couple of million you can dump in your bank at any time when you need it by selling them. For some people that doesn't matter, but if you have an expensive building you need to do, like a Main hall upgrade, that's a quick shot in the bank account after you spend it.
Talk about SAGACIOUS! You nailed the answer I was looking for....and yes, I'm a Culture Fanatic...usually ensorcelled on six of my 'big culture' boys.... run from 180% to 205%...... Your answer was spot on! Got EIGHT top level granites and will sell them as my MH 'limits' allow for.... BEST explanation I've ever heard on this matter! Thx much! Four lvl 3 coppers will also be 'dispensed' with, with your formula so succinctly proffered! :)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It's not on a map. If your mainline quests are up to date, you will get the quest to sell the dwarven portal. If you are behind on your mainline quests, you may run into issues where it will want you to do something related to dwarves first.

What is your current non-declinable quest saying?

This post by Mykan lists all the quests you will encounter before you sell your portal.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7367

It's not on a map. If your mainline quests are up to date, you will get the quest to sell the dwarven portal. If you are behind on your mainline quests, you may run into issues where it will want you to do something related to dwarves first.

What is your current non-declinable quest saying?
ATM, waiting on the last 32K of granite for the Golems....then I tackle the Ancient Wonder 150K granite plus the chunk of copper to get OUT of Dwarves.... Up to date on everything else in game.... ALL research complete along with 177 provinces DONE! :) To answer you on the non-declinable? Research Advanced Scouts.... so, yes...I'm up to snuff! ;) Exactly 'when' on the Research tree do they put up the 'quest' to ditch the massive portal.....That was the question.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It's not the research point that matters. The so-called "main-line" quests go in a progression, and you won't get the quest to sell the dwarven portal until you come to that point in the line. On the left side of the page you will have two quests. One of those will be cycling and you can decline repeatedly until it loops back. The other is your main line quest, and that will tell you how far you have progressed toward the quest to sell the portal. If you happen to be ignoring one of the main-line quests for a while, or are slow in finishing them, you will be "hung up" in that progression, and the sell portal request might catch you by surprise months from now.

DeletedUser7367

It's not the research point that matters. The so-called "main-line" quests go in a progression, and you won't get the quest to sell the dwarven portal until you come to that point in the line. On the left side of the page you will have two quests. One of those will be cycling and you can decline repeatedly until it loops back. The other is your main line quest, and that will tell you how far you have progressed toward the quest to sell the portal. If you happen to be ignoring one of the main-line quests for a while, or are slow in finishing them, you will be "hung up" in that progression, and the sell portal request might catch you by surprise months from now.
lol I FULLY grasp the difference between the 'fixed'' quests and the ones I cycle through hourly for maximum 'return'.....again, the FIXED quest is researching Advanced Scouts which will NOT appear until Faeries..... Am I missing something? Does the 'sell portal quest' come directly AFTER researching Advanced Scouts?? That's the real question...... ALL, and I mean all Fixed Quests are completed to date....again, researching scouts is up on my page....that's the entry point to Faeries.

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
lol I FULLY grasp the difference between the 'fixed'' quests and the ones I cycle through hourly for maximum 'return'.....again, the FIXED quest is researching Advanced Scouts which will NOT appear until Faeries..... Am I missing something?
You are not missing something. As soon as you finish the advanced scouts research quest, the quest to sell the portal will appear.

DeletedUser7367

One final concern that wasn't covered Dwarven Portal TRACKS.... do I sell those after the 'fire sale' of granite/copper mines as my MH Limits are concerned? Or do I leave them where they are and then lay OVER them with the Faerie styled portal tracks that would again 'touch' the Faerie Portal?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Dwarf portal tracks serve no purpose other than giving you some culture once you've removed all mines.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
One final concern that wasn't covered Dwarven Portal TRACKS.... do I sell those after the 'fire sale' of granite/copper mines as my MH Limits are concerned? Or do I leave them where they are and then lay OVER them with the Faerie styled portal tracks that would again 'touch' the Faerie Portal?
There are the "portal tracks" the dwarves use, and there are "Dwarven Style" roads, which you can use between your regular buildings. The tracks are useless once the dwarves are gone. The Dwarven style roads offer more culture than the earlier roads. If you have lots of culture, they are not worth building. If you are struggling for culture, they can be a useful boost, however Fairy style roads come fairly early in the next chapter, and are even better, so don't do Dwarven style roads if you don't really need them.

DeletedUser7367

ok...let me rephrase this.... I'm culture obese.... run @190% + most of the time..... what do I 'lose' selling off the dwarven portal train tracks?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Each square of portal tracks gives 28 culture You can see that by hovering over it in the construction page.

(edited to correct typo from 58 to 28 culture per track)

DeletedUser7367

so.... are these same tracks 'usable' for the future in Faeries.... can they be built over? OR..... must they be removed, taking a Culture 'Hit' then rebuilt with Faerie 'railway' system? That's the crux of my question..:eek:

Last edited: