• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Does anyone understand Training Speed

DeletedUser24571

WOW, that is so complicated. All I know is it takes forever to to rebuild all my troops if I lose a few battles.
While I’m still relatively early in the game, just started chapter 5, I have very few squads in my barrack or training grounds.
I currently have 4 Armouries levels 12-14 and only produce 150 units at a time.
But my squad size in battles varies to a maximum of 240 units, which means I need to build 2 sets of units to fill one squad!
And if I need to use 5 squads of the same fighter in a battle, and lose some, half or all, then it takes most of a day to rebuild enough squads to fight the next battle.
Thus it’s taking my a few days to complete each province, and doesn’t give room to participate in the Spire or tournaments.

So how is squad size determined? How can I increase my squad size, because ALL the battles im running into have much large squads, as high a 400! There’s no way I can win those battles. In fact I had to negotiate my way through more then 15 provinces (120 battles) just to finish chapter 4.
Some advice would be great.
My barracks is level 8
Training ground is level 4
And I have 4 Armouries levelled 12-14
What should I build...when I finally get another expansion?.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
How can I increase my squad size, because ALL the battles im running into have much large squads, as high a 400! There’s no way I can win those battles. In fact I had to negotiate my way through more then 15 provinces (120 battles) just to finish chapter 4.
There is a brick wall around that area, when it is almost impossible to fight in the provinces. Sadly, all you can do is be patient. If you keep your explored provinces at just enough to finish the current tech chapter, then somewhere around Orcs, it will be become possible to fight again. Until you are seeing green, or yellow provinces to scout, it just isn't going to work for fighting. One strategy is to pause your progress for a few weeks, and just put all of your KP into the Martial Monastery / Sanctuary (depending if elf or human) and preferably by trading with others to boost your return rate from the Ancient Wonder chests. That will start to pay off by giving all of your troops a few more hit points for each level.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
WOW, that is so complicated. All I know is it takes forever to to rebuild all my troops if I lose a few battles.
While I’m still relatively early in the game, just started chapter 5, I have very few squads in my barrack or training grounds.
I currently have 4 Armouries levels 12-14 and only produce 150 units at a time.
But my squad size in battles varies to a maximum of 240 units, which means I need to build 2 sets of units to fill one squad!
And if I need to use 5 squads of the same fighter in a battle, and lose some, half or all, then it takes most of a day to rebuild enough squads to fight the next battle.
Thus it’s taking my a few days to complete each province, and doesn’t give room to participate in the Spire or tournaments.

So how is squad size determined? How can I increase my squad size, because ALL the battles im running into have much large squads, as high a 400! There’s no way I can win those battles. In fact I had to negotiate my way through more then 15 provinces (120 battles) just to finish chapter 4.
Some advice would be great.
My barracks is level 8
Training ground is level 4
And I have 4 Armouries levelled 12-14
What should I build...when I finally get another expansion?.

Squad size is determined as follows

6(starting size) + all SS upgrade number * 3

example:
You have unlocked squadsize 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and 9 at your reseach tree.
Your squadsize is now: 6 + (1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9)*3 = 6+ 45*3 = 141

In my opinion it's best to ignore SS, and instead use negotiations on the world map (build factories for it)

Units are best used in the tournaments, the opposition in the tournament is determined on your squad size, lower = beter. thats why most people try to avoid to research SS upgrades as much as possible. (some can be skipped)

DeletedUser24571

There is a brick wall around that area, when it is almost impossible to fight in the provinces. Sadly, all you can do is be patient. If you keep your explored provinces at just enough to finish the current tech chapter, then somewhere around Orcs, it will be become possible to fight again. Until you are seeing green, or yellow provinces to scout, it just isn't going to work for fighting. One strategy is to pause your progress for a few weeks, and just put all of your KP into the Martial Monastery / Sanctuary (depending if elf or human) and preferably by trading with others to boost your return rate from the Ancient Wonder chests. That will start to pay off by giving all of your troops a few more hit points for each level.
Martial Monastery I haven’t build yet, will have to work on that.

DeletedUser24571

Squad size is determined as follows

6(starting size) + all SS upgrade number * 3

example:
You have unlocked squadsize 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and 9 at your reseach tree.
Your squadsize is now: 6 + (1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9)*3 = 6+ 45*3 = 141

In my opinion it's best to ignore SS, and instead use negotiations on the world map (build factories for it)

Units are best used in the tournaments, the opposition in the tournament is determined on your squad size, lower = beter. thats why most people try to avoid to research SS upgrades as much as possible. (some can be skipped)
Well now you tell me. It seems it doesn’t matter where I battle, I’m up against bigger squads.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Well now you tell me. It seems it doesn’t matter where I battle, I’m up against bigger squads.

The enemy's squadsize depends on:
World Map:
The cost of scouting a province, once you press scouting that SS is fixed researching new scouts at the beginning of a new chapter makes no change as only new provincies you scout becomes cheaper but the one already scouted had already been determined, the only way to improve difficulty level is to unlock more SS researches in the tech tree.

Tournaments:
your SS * province number * 0.05 * round value

Round values are:
Round 1: 85%
Round 2: 100%
Round 3: 115%
Round 4: 130%
Round 5: 145%
Round 6: 160%

example your SS is 2000 and the province is 14 and round 4 will result in the following:
2000*14*0.05*1.3 = and enemy with SS 1820 (agains 5 opponents)

Spire:
The exact value is unknown and is based on a lot of factors like how far you are in your tech tree, your relic bonus production and how many wonderlevels you happen to call a few.