• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Does boost% go down if you spend relics?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
If I have 501 Magic Dust relics and upgrade a wonder that costs 4 Magic Dust relics will I drop from 700% back down to 693% boost?

DeletedUser5251

I've always assumed so, which is why I try to gain the additional required relics for boosted goods before upgrading wonders.

It would be nice to know for sure, though.

Do you have an open province of that type to pick up a few relics if needed? If so, you should try it and report back here. :D

DeletedUser3507

No boost do not go down, only up to a max of 700% + AW help.

SoggyShorts

No boost do not go down, only up to a max of 700% + AW help.
So once you hit 500 relics, and have 700% boost, even if you upgrade a bunch of wonders, and drop down to 480 relics, you still have the 700% boost?

DeletedUser3942

I don't know what happens if you've hit the max (500relics/700%) once but I know for sure that % goes down if you go below required relics when you use them to upgrade a wonder. Happened to me a while ago :)

DeletedUser3297

Yes, your boost will drop if you go below the relic minimum for each boost %

Look here to see what each % requires for the minimum amount of relics:

https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Relics

So if you drop below 500 relics, bye bye max boost ;)

Always plan to keep your boosted relics over 510-520 depending on how many wonders you have and how often you upgrade.

SoggyShorts

@kayleegrrl @Caillean

Thank you both for confirming this. My situation is actually pretty specific then. I need 11 relics for max boost, so I was just going to open big event boxes until I got it, then switch, I think I'll open until I get it 2 times now-- 13 extra is a nice little buffer.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I always thought it dropped as I thought that happened to me ages ago. Was so long ago I couldn't say 100% but was fairly confident. It would make sense from a coding point of view as I assume it just looks at your number to determine your % and then applies that to the goods at the time of collection.

Either way it doesn't take too long to gain in excess of the cap if you are doing tournaments, or have a province available to gain a couple extra.

DeletedUser3507

I just upgraded mine, and I recorded boost before and after.
Mine used 6 scroll relics, boost on my Tier 2 Scrolls stayed the same, but amount of relics for next boost went from 8 to 14.

So that answers your question.:D

DeletedUser5251

So that answers your question
Thank you!

I swear I remember seeing the required relics for next boost amount was unusually high before, but convinced myself I was mistaken.

DeletedUser3507

No problem I was stuck waiting for Wisdom shrooms so I upgraded mine put 180 kp's into it in 4 days.50 From kp's won in contest.

SoggyShorts

I just upgraded mine, and I recorded boost before and after.
Mine used 6 scroll relics, boost on my Tier 2 Scrolls stayed the same, but amount of relics for next boost went from 8 to 14.

So that answers your question.:D
tyvm!