• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Does going through old threads make anyone else sad?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Just went on a search for something that had been posted awhile back and had to dive into the old threads to find it. And the process made me fairly sad. Mainly because I kept coming across comments from old forum members. People who I used to interact with here on a weekly basis. And this made me realize that they are no longer active here. They had slipped away and I didn't even realize how many were gone till I saw their old comments. Anybody else experience anything like this, or am I the only one?

Last edited:

Gath Of Baal

Sometimes they come back like @SoggyShorts lol

A few of them actually championed making the game better but I guess got frustrated by nonsense changes and no one listening to good ideas on how to make the game better.

There are a few who have left that added almost nothing to the forum but complaints and 1 word replies to discussions. I haven't missed any one of those yet though :p

I have yet to miss the ones who had different colored text that made it almost impossible to read

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Yep, I get really sad
I get sadder yet when I see 'deleted user' in place of an old friend. :(
I saw those also but for me it was hard to tell who the deleted user was. Also, why do they show up as "deleted user" in the first place? Abandoned cities in the world map seem to be harder to get rid of than cockroaches. Why are forum accounts deleted so promptly?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
If you wonder about whether someone shut down or had their forum account deleted, you can still @ them and see if their name shows up.

Minmax still shows up, though he has not posted in months now. Same for Ashrem. Tedious no longer exists. I am trying to think of some of the other old, regular posters who stopped posting after we had that wave of rude new members, or outright trolls, that seemed to chase away several good people.

shimmerfly

Yes I was just thinking about this yesterday. I miss the posters that helped me though the game and encouraged me.
Most will never know how much they helped.
Once in a while someone will pop up and it makes me happy! Some really worked hard trying to, and achieving making this a better game.
It's the rude ones that are hard to swallow since this was always such a civil place to come. And fun!

edited for: Maybe we should make a list

Veesviewpoint

Just went on a search for something that had been posted awhile back and had to dive into the old threads to find it. And the process made me fairly sad. Mainly because I kept coming across comments from old forum members. People who I used to interact with here on a weekly basis. And this made me realize that they are no longer active here. They had slipped away and I didn't even realize how many were gone till I saw their old comments. Anybody else experience anything like this, or am I the only one?
OK folks...hear is an idea...why not look at all sides of the apple...consider folks are coming from all kinds of "directions/stages" these days and go back to what most of you were from the begining/and continue
..Pioneers...lead on, in the most respectful way possible...
and those up and coming....maybe mind your manners...go back and "read" what these folks have learned/been saying for years to "Shape" this game what is is today????
Use a personal email to hash it out...and possiibly present a coherent plan of action for everyone who steps into this game at multiple levels? Come on now....let's drop anything that has to constantly "one up" another Inno player!!! Please.
We can all learn something from someone else...no matter the chapter or the ranking!

PS: You have/no idea how posting "anything" scares me...so please.be kind and teach me...and others...You have all been our Hero's! Vees