• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Donating KPs to AWs - how does it work?

Moho

Chef
I am trying to understand how this works and although I've read some materials on the subject, and members of my fellowship have tried to explain how it works, I still don't get it. Or maybe I do but I'm not aware of it - I'm confused.

To simply test how I should proceed, I clicked on the name of a fellowship member and was able to find an option where I could go to her AW and donate KPs - which I did: I donated 3 KPs. It was before the last round of fights in the Tournament, I think, and after I received the reward for winning an encounter, another window popped up informing me there was an additional reward for helping someone upgrade their AW. It must have been on account of the 3 KPs I had just spent on my fellowship member's AW because that was the only occasion when I ever tried anything like that.

To further see how this works, I found an inactive player among my neighbors and accessed the AW, where I donated 4 KPs:
elvenar.jpg

I noticed that I could see the contents of the chest. I assume I can obtain what's inside if I donate the necessary amount of KPs. It is not clear for me how many points are enough - maybe I need to donate ten more KPs as the blue bar on top of the word "Contributors" indicates. Once I have done that, I'll probably get what's inside the chest.

There are a host of explanation that my fellowship members have given. They are based on their long experience, which I lack, and should give the big picture correctly but since I fail to see the details of all this process I can't seem able to grasp the actual mechanism of it. Please help me with any information you think might help unlock my brain capacity to comprehend this. Thank you in advance. :)

Aritra

As far as acquiring the chest contents, it is determined by contribution rank when the KP quota is filled (in this case, 400). If at that time, you remain in the number one slot, you get those contents. If someone donates more than you, you'll be bumped down to receive a lower chest, or none at all if enough others donate more than you (and vice versa, if you're in a lower chest and donate more, you could bump someone else so that you get the higher chest). There is no set number of how many KP is enough. It's basically "more than the other contributor" (>50% will secure top chest).

added note: You've already discovered the buttons that allow you to donate all your KP or one at a time. In case you didn't know, the gold book to the right of those buttons takes you to your "ancient knowledge instants" in inventory. That is how you use those instants that you've probably acquired by now (can be in bulk unit quantities of 3, 5, 7, 10, 15, 20). And the plus sign to the right is how you can purchase individual KP using your gold or goods.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Just so you know. Those 4 KP you gave to an inactive player were wasted. If he remains inactive they'll do him no good. And as Arita said, you'll get no chests until the AW is completely filled.
The good thing about the rewards though is, you receive your reward automatically as soon as the AW is filled. It requires no action by the other player. So just to conflict with what I said at the start, it is possible to get rewards from an inactive player if they get enough donations.
And to build on what Aritra said. Use your KP instants. They can only be used on AWs. So save your regular KP for research.
Also. If your FS has swap threads participate in them. Even if you don't donate enough to get a bonus chest, you will at the least get your KP back on one of your AWs and it benefits the FS as a whole.

Now just to reiterate, because you are having trouble with the concept.
Using the picture you inserted above.
Those 5 chests will be awarded after the entire 400KP is donated to that AW
The chests will go to the top 5 donors.
If 23 people donate Only 5 of them will get a chest.

Moho

Chef
added note: You've already discovered the buttons that allow you to donate all your KP or one at a time. In case you didn't know, the gold book to the right of those buttons takes you to your "ancient knowledge instants" in inventory. That is how you use those instants that you've probably acquired by now (can be in bulk unit quantities of 3, 5, 7, 10, 15, 20). And the plus sign to the right is how you can purchase individual KP using your gold or goods.
Yes, thank you. I discovered that when I donated KPs to the inactive player. There was 1 KP I had on my bar and donated 3 KPs from an instant. And that's how it dawned to me what those instants were for.

Just so you know. Those 4 KP you gave to an inactive player were wasted. If he remains inactive they'll do him no good. And as Arita said, you'll get no chests until the AW is completely filled.
Oh, so now I understand. Thank you. The chests taken in my ToS have not yet been opened by my fellowship members. They have only been reserved. It needs me (or other people as well if they have nothing to do with their KPs or their lives) to fill the rest of the KPs necessary to complete the research progress for these guys to actually obtain what's inside those chests.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Oh, so now I understand. Thank you. The chests taken in my ToS have not yet been opened by my fellowship members. They have only been reserved. It needs me (or other people as well if they have nothing to do with their KPs or their lives) to fill the rest of the KPs necessary to complete the research progress for these guys to actually obtain what's inside those chests.

Yes, but the chests are not reserved
If you see someone at the #1 chests and they donated 45KP
then you donate 46 Kp you will now be in the #1 spot and they move to #2

Moho

Chef
Yes, but the chests are not reserved
If you see someone at the #1 chests and they donated 45KP
then you donate 46 Kp you will now be in the #1 spot and they move to #2
Yes, thank you. I had actually understood that but failed to express my idea correctly or completely. Those people have made an attempt at reserving a chest. Initially, In the explanations I received, people mentioned the phenomenon of "getting bumped off" and I had no idea what they were talking about. So, if a fellowship member announces a chest (which they regularly do), I should go there and identify the AW they have mentioned. If I am the first contributor, I can donate the highest KP instant I have. If I am not the first, I should place a lower KP instant or just fill KPs from my bar. My fellowship members launch these announcements exactly because they are about to fill all the KPs necessary to complete the research. This timing is important because there may be chest thieves roaming around (those thugs or rogues I read about) who could contribute superior instants, which would allow them to bump our fellowship members down and snatch a chest.

So that's how it works. I hope I have finally figured things out.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Ah
When a fellow announces chests remaining in an AW, here is a good rule of thumb. Donate half the value of a chest that you would like to have, if you are first or second. Generally speaking this will keep you in the spot you have chosen, and hopefully you will not end up bumped down below receiving the value you have donated.

Iyapo1

Donate half the value of a chest that you would like to have, if you are first or second
This does not work for mobile players as they can not "see" the value of the kp in the chest. Also, I would suggest everyone follow KP donation rules set by the FS they are in. Following a generic rule of thumb might get you hit with the stick.

Moho

Chef
I had already decided to do what they do so that I wouldn't make a mistake. So, as soon as someone announced chests, I went in and saw a 10 KP contribution. I did the same. Right after that, someone else announced a chest and I decided to put in 10 KPs as well. I was a little afraid it was a bit too high, but now that I looked inside the chest I think it's okay. Thank you for the advice. :)

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I had already decided to do what they do so that I wouldn't make a mistake. So, as soon as someone announced chests, I went in and saw a 10 KP contribution. I did the same. Right after that, someone else announced a chest and I decided to put in 10 KPs as well. I was a little afraid it was a bit too high, but now that I looked inside the chest I think it's okay. Thank you for the advice. :)

You're on the right track
Just one final note

If someone announces "Chests available on my GA"
and you go in and see they have 10KP left to finish the GA and 3 chests left make sure you don't donate the whole 10KP
You want to leave room for others to get the last two chests

Moho

Chef
If someone announces "Chests available on my GA"
and you go in and see they have 10KP left to finish the GA and 3 chests left make sure you don't donate the whole 10KP
You want to leave room for others to get the last two chests
All right, I understand. I will pay attention. Thank you. :)

Last edited: