• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Don't lose fellowship name!

DeletedUser3220

I'm hoping to save others from losing their fellowship names. So I'm posting to inform that there are players stealing fellowship names. If you type anything like "~Recruiting" or "Opening" in your fellowship heading any player can start a new fellowship with your original fellowship name. It just happened to us in Felyndral World. Everae was established in 2015 and I joined in 2015, shown it was in 2017 when ElvenStats started. We had an opening so I typed "~Recruiting" like other fellowships do and I'd done many times before. After the spot was filled I tried to erase "~Recruiting" and it would not accept our name of Everae. A message popped up saying that name was in use already. When I checked, I found a new player by the name of "ron wilk" that took our original name. Please take heed, that if you want to keep your fellowship name then post in the description area that you are RECRUITING and not in your name heading. Plus, if you drop the inactive city then it will show that there is an opening in the "Fellowship Listings". Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

NightshadeCS

That happened to our fellowship, as well, Mystique in Arendyll. We had to change the name to Myştique (with a special character).

This happened well over a year ago. We all tried to be charitable and assume the other FS just didn't check names first. It still stings a bit, though.

DeletedUser3220

Sorry to hear that happened to you. Never thougt of that problem before, i dont know if support will help you, or its just fair game to take over names.
This is what Support replied back to me:
Hello snowcone,

Thank you for contacting the Elvenar Support team.

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. We would be happy to take a look at this for you.

Unfortunately Support is not able to amend Fellowship names. If a name is not currently in use by another Fellowship when it is formed, then it is open for use. What some fellowships that have had similar issues have done as a way to work around this is to add a symbol after their Fellowship name to differentiate between themselves and the duplicate.

We are very sorry that we were not able to help you with this. If you should have any further questions please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Have a great day!

Kind regards,

hela
In-Game Support

DeletedUser3220

That happened to our fellowship, as well, Mystique in Arendyll. We had to change the name to Myştique (with a special character).

This happened well over a year ago. We all tried to be charitable and assume the other FS just didn't check names first. It still stings a bit, though.
I'm very sorry it happen to you too. This is why I'm posting this in here. I would have never thought of doing it to another fellowship either. But I will not lower mine or anyone else's intelligent level into thinking that player didn't know what they were doing.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Oh gosh, I wonder if this is done by the offending fs as a way to increase their popularity. If they take the name of a popular group, they may think it will make recruiting easier. A rotten trick, but possible, especially if the name is unusual. Or they could just be thoughtless. There seem to be a lot of thoughtless people lately. :(

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Oh gosh, I wonder if this is done by the offending fs as a way to increase their popularity. If they take the name of a popular group, they may think it will make recruiting easier. A rotten trick, but possible, especially if the name is unusual. Or they could just be thoughtless. There seem to be a lot of thoughtless people lately. :(

It is also probably called not searching first to see if a name is in use, which is something I am sure almost no one does. We have been trained to just type in names until we find one that is not already is use when registering for new websites and memberships and such, so why should people think any differently for a fellowship name, especially since there is no way to do search in-game if playing on mobile?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
We are ranked pretty high on Khelonar and had this happened to us. Now there are two Starship Valiants, one with only a single player. I contacted the player and they said they are part of "starfleet" and that they, therefore, are reserving the name for "starfleet." I could understand this if it was Starship Enterprise, Discover, or one of the other big ones, but "Starship Valiant?" A very minor ship in the pantheon of Starfleet ships. LOL! In any case our name is Starship Valiant-" with the dash for now and everybody can find us easily.

AJ