• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Don't want to do battles

Gaelio

I really decided early to not do battles. I generally lost...always lost if I used 'automatic', and I don't have patience for the slow cumbersome fights.
Here's the problem, I'm in Fairies and I've increased my provinces to the point where I have to have Orcs to finish a province.
The game planners say that battling is optional....now it seems that it isn't, at least not insofar as having armories to produce orcs.
Just wondering if there are others out there who don't do battles, or if you can encourage me to give it another try. :(

DeletedUser3640

If you need Orcs to negotiate, but you're not producing them, that means that you overscouted (not by much though, because you're close to being in Orcs chapter anyway).

Fighting is unnecessary, especially in ordinary provinces. Negotiation is the way to go, so everything's fine with your playstyle.
At the same time I'd say that fighting is very important when you chose to participate in tournaments.

While overscouted fights are much harder, and if you were losing before, there's a high chance that you'll lose now just because enemy army size will be greater than yours.

At the moment you just have to get to Orcs chapter and start producing Orcs. Some may say that you should stop scouting at all (because overscouting increses negotiation costs as well), but in reality that's up to you. If you're producing just boosted goods and are actively trading, then you shouldn't have any problems negotiating provinces even with increased negotiation costs.

Gaelio

That's a relief to hear. Thanks. I had never realized that one could over-scout...so thanks also for that tip.