• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Double-dipping Fellowship Adventures

Risen Malchiah

There are threads about FA, but I've yet to see this mentioned. Is it possible to double-dip? Say you left a fellowship after receiving the prize for a particular stage and joined a fellowship where that stage wasn't completed yet. In theory, you would receive that prize again.

So, given all the possible paths presented to us and the lackluster rewards for ranking placement, it seems the most rewarding option would be to do ONE path as quickly as possible through all three stages. And then everyone swaps to a secondary fellowship set up specifically for the adventure (perhaps with volunteers tackling early stages to save time) to complete the event a second time.

I'd much rather have a second 3rd stage prize than waste time completing multiple paths for a lackluster instant.

What do you think? Abuse of the system or a genius tactic that awards the exceptionally motivated? ;)

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I like it.
Next FA I'll be recommending it to my FS. As you said, the easiest way I think is to go 1 route ASAP to the end of stage 3, have a mage quit, start a new FS, disband the old FS and invite everyone to the new one. Repeat. 3x might be hard, but 2x is easily doable.

Risen Malchiah

The only way I see to finish 2x is if someone sacrifices their chance for the extra 3rd stage and starts the 2nd FS to get a head start on the next one. That one person could have the first stage complete by the time everyone comes over, but that's certainly a lot of beverages for the people who brave FA twice in one event.

An alternative strategy to flipping the entire fellowship would be if an FS completes the event early but has no aims to reach top 3, many of the FS members can fan out and join lower ranking fellowships to offer their "expertise" in helping them cross the finish line. Essentially this would be helping others and getting paid for it with a second 3rd stage prize (assuming players aren't unlucky enough to wind up in an inactive and inexperienced group). I may actually like this second strategy more.

The downside to double-dipping like this would be that it disrupts the tournament progress for the week, which might be hard for some people to give up.

Last edited:

DeletedUser5800

The only way I see to finish 2x is if someone sacrifices their chance for the extra 3rd stage and starts the 2nd FS to get a head start on the next one.
Split the FS 12/13 and add a 13th hold account to the one with 12, get them both to the flag refill the original FS collect trade 25 for the hold and collect... that is def. abuse. :p

Considering it only takes like 5 people to do a path if they really want you could conceivably expand the split and FS's and hold accounts and if you switched around in the right orders Quintuple dip. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6653

The biggest flaw in this idea is that the prizes suck...why would you work so hard to get a coin/supply boost?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The biggest flaw in this idea is that the prizes suck...why would you work so hard to get a coin/supply boost?
A mana hut is better than any other mana building.
I still wouldn't actually do this as I don't want more of the FA;)

Pheryll

Set Designer
Do you have to be a member of the fellowship to collect, or just a contributor to the map? I can easily see 20 fake fellowships start up for a "trick or treat" visiting experience where there are a good 400 contributors to any one map.