• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Double vision quest status

Kadhrin

I've been seeing this bug for quite a while, but it threw a new curve ball the other day.

This happens when I go directly from collecting a thing for a quest to hover over the quest-giver to check the quest status.
This time, the two copies have a different value for one of the items.

I'm curious if anyone has filed a bug on this; it's somewhat random and seems it might be a refresh speed/race condition* issue, and overall has pretty trivial game effect.

I'll do the bug writeup if requested, but TBH, I wouldn't expect a fix on this anytime soon. Refresh speed & race condition issues can be a major PITA to fix and test. Been there, done that, don't wanna do it again.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-07 at 7.17.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-07 at 7.17.03 PM.png
    508.4 KB · Views: 40

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
I have seen it when I have quests that complete automatically, like building updates to level 5 AND my mouse is hovering over the quest so it says the status. it goes away when I move or click the mouse.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Yep, I've seen it, but then I just close and open it and all is well. Sometimes when you finish a quest if you open the quest before the system knows it's been finished it displays the status of the quest then updates. The status is already drawn so it just adds the "completed" part of the quest instead of redrawing the entire thing. It all has to do with timing and how windows are drawn. Not really a bug in my opinion as it's more likely to be seen in a slower internet connection and thus is a problem in connection speed, in my opinion.

Just my thoughts.

AJ