• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

dropping reg factories for sentient factories

• Thread starter DeletedUser7738
  • Start date

DeletedUser7738

Well, I am stuck: the last chapter balancing act is not working out for me vs the needs of my FS & neighbors, as well as my own. For those of you further along in the chapter (I am still in 3rd tier of tech tree): I have 6ea of the reg factories, should I drop 1ea & build sentient boost factories? I really do not care about ranking, that will be gained back in time, but seeing as how I am (most people!) are going to be in this chapter for a long time and sentient goods are now the "go to" resources, it seems like that is the thing to do.

DeletedUser7738

Shoot! I forgot to say I already have 3 marble (moonstone), 2 crystal (obsidian) & 2 gem (bismuth).

Heming

How do I get sentient items? I must not have all my things complete but with what I do have it says nothing about them

NightshadeCS

@MailenaLani , I would consider 6 of each of the regular goods buildings excessive. As I got into higher chapters, and especially once I reached chapters with Sentient goods, I gradually demolished a few manufactories. Only you know what kind of goods flow you have, though. If you are able to keep a good stockpile of goods, no reason not to make a little room. If you are scrambling for goods when you need them, though, then you know you are merely subsisting.

I am also getting away with 2 of each Sentient (actually only 1 of T6, but I need to build another). I am not a race horse when it comes to the game, though, and routinely find myself feeding KP to my AWs while in tech-lock. A good supply of MM spells has helped me in that, though.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Unsure on exact numbers but one would think 2 sentient factories as a minimum for chapter 15. I am building a third T6 factory and have decent timewarp/simia and PoP/orcs and I am regularly sending 100's of KP a week to wonders. Tech lock is a way of life.

As you increase your sentient factories just watch your seed production, you need enough to actually be able to run the factories. Then there is the kicker that many upgrades require tens of thousands of seeds as well, so you need a very good seed production.

DeletedUser7738

thank you everyone for the feedback. I've decided to build (doing so now) 1ea sentient goods factories, that will make 3ea; I have a good replenishing stockpile of reg goods, so will store 1ea of those factories (thanks NightshadeCS); trying to get enough space to build 2 sets of Elvenar factories, 1 set is just too slow. Yes, Mykan KP lock is a way of life in this latest chapter & seeds are a constant worry. I keep up with my usage now, but with 3ea sentient factories pumping out goods, it will be a struggle - definitely unable to stockpile, so will have to put out a few more seed production bldgs.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
you probably don't need 3 of each sentient factory simply because the demand on T4 is considerably less. T5 has a couple early techs and main hall but T6 is used in the majority in the tech tree and several building upgrades. Currently I have 1 T4, 2 T5 and 3 T6, I also have an excessive amount of gum trees.

Have a look at goods requirements and where you are in chapter, you might be able to tweak numbers or mix to better suit demand, or at least ease pressure on the seeds.