• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Dryad II??

• Thread starter DeletedUser3696
  • Start date

DeletedUser3696

Maybe it's just me but the upgraded Dryad is barely better than the original.

My Dryad I's had 21k damage and 55k life per stack (656 total).
My Dryad II's have 23k damage and 62.7k life per stack.

I never used the I's since they aren't anywhere near as good as my master crossbowmen, but they still seem less than great.

My master xbows have 21k damage and 100k life per stack.

Other than a better bonus against heavy melee why on earth would I use a Dryad? Their bonus against mages is also worse than my xbows. My xbows also have numbshot which is -20% to opponents attack for 3 rounds.

Am I missing something??

DeletedUser4778

Haven't all troop upgrades shown only a measly increase in HP and damage? I also recall calculating this and similar- and same-type units such as xbowman and dryad which are both light range and got the result that the one with 2 promotions will normally outdo the one with only 1 promotion.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3696

Haven't all troop upgrades shown only a measly increase in HP and damage? I also recall calculating this and similar- and same-type units such as xbowman and dryad which are both light range and got the result that the one with 2 promotions will normally outdo the one with only 1 promotion.
I agree, but why waste time adding things to the game that are so poor when compared to the cheaper and easier battle unit??

Even if we assume Dryads get another upgrade before xbowmen they would need much more of a boost then they got for their first upgrade. If they get the same upgrade then they'll do more damage, but still only have 70% of the xbows life.

25k v 21k damage
71k v 100k life
I guess if you have obstacles or a fight with only heavy melee then the dryads will kill faster and be better, but this new age fighting often has 3 enemy units.

I enjoy this game and I enjoyed the battle part of this game, but now I just auto fight. Manual fighting takes too long and the losses for me are just too big vs. spending resources. At least that's my opinion (I know other players will disagree!).

DeletedUser4778

I agree with you. I find the new units to be mostly disappointing because they're mostly the same as existing units with just a slight variation -- not enough IMO to justify the time, expense, and space they demand. Considering the amount of KP and resources we have to spend on researching them, I find their stats increase to be quite paltry indeed. I think the devs are being too extreme about balancing units. I think "higher"-level units SHOULD be more powerful than "lower"-level ones. It's good that all units can be useful but I think they went overboard on giving the "lower"-level ones an edge against the "higher"-level units.

Yup, I also negotiate/cater more now but that's because I can't train enough troops to handle both tourneys and provinces. Now that I'm mostly done with heavy tourney participation, I'm hoping I can produce enough troops to take on both provinces and the odd tourney here and there without waiting too long but I doubt it since I have no plans to upgrade my barracks and it's taking me longer to build up a squad due to increased squad sizes.