• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

duplicate the "all workshops activate" click box for use in manufactories

antiguan1

just like in the workshops, when you have collected them, you click on any idle one and have the option to activate all of then at once. eg., if i have 50 marble manufactories idle, I can click on just one and choose to have them all work at the same task. unfortunately, I have no idea of the amount of addition programming that would be required. I like it for the workshops and I know it is a time saver

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
This idea has been presented several times, but has never been developed to the point where it could be presented to the devs. Here's a link to one thread where this idea was discussed in depth in August 2020:
Factories should function like workshops
Several issues were identified and never resolved; one major issue is resource requirements for factories being significantly different from workshops. Another is the change in factories at lvl 24+ to producing different goods in 2 of the production slots. The thread is worth reading if you're interested in reopening the discussion here and trying to develop this idea the way the devs require before they'll even agree to look at it. (those requirements are outlined here. ) If not, here's Ashrem's post that presents some of the challenges very well:
Starting all factories is desirable under certain conditions, but carries substantial baggage that would require some fairly selective coding.
  • Unlike Workshops, Factories require inputs of coin, supplies, and other goods. What happens if you set all and don't have enough of something to fill the recipe? How will the code decide which factories start and which ones won't? Will it tell you it only started some? Workshops are never stopped from running a batch.
  • Later in the game (including all guest races) factories produce different things on different time settings setting all at once may cause production of things you don't want which can be a costly error.
  • During events, accidentally starting a factory for the wrong duration would be catastrophic, potentially setting you back by many hours as you have to cancel and restart when you realize you aren't getting what you intended.
An alternative suggestion that has also never been developed was to make browser behave like the mobile app for setting factories with the blue arrow keys to move to each idle factory of that same type.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I support this idea. I would love this feature! The only potential stumbling block I see is that if a player is low on either gold or supplies, it might not be possible to start productions in all manufactories. If Inno can resolve the coding on that, it would be a great addition to the game.

sam767

The functional solution to the only objection (are the goods available?) is to put the produce all checkbox in each of the time windows. So if the goods are not available for produce all , then the checkbox is not enabled. This is a little more complex than the current logic that only does the goods check for the current factory. However, it is a simple traversal of a linked list (or an SQL query) to add them all up - not difficult. Screen real estate might be a problem in the app, but not on the PC.

So for example, the select all checkbox might be enabled for 3 and 9 hour, but not 24 and 48 hour.

IMHO, adding this non-complex feature to the PC would be wonderful (more wonderful than the blue arrows).

This has been hashed over a few times. Since the OP is new and I have the vast experience of taking an idea through to a vote a grand total of one time, I'll take the liberty of framing the suggestion. The community can elaborate and enhance and the the OP can update the original post to reflect the appropriate suggestion style.

Suggestion: Add a checkbox to each of the four selection buttons for goods production. This is exactly analogous to the single check box for supply production except that it is in the individual time duration buttons. When the production window for a manufactory is opened, the application calculates the resources required to initiate that option for all of the idle manufactories for each of the production time options. It then enables the checkbox for those time options for which sufficient resources exist This is exactly analogous to the calculation that the application does to decide whether to enable the button for the current manufactory except it applies to all of the idle manufactories of this type.
Pros:
Reduces clicks in a very clickfesty game.
There will be great rejoicing throughout the realms. I have a lot of ideas - I cannot think of anything that would make the players happier.
Cons:
Development effort. This is not a difficult feature, but it is a new feature nonetheless that must go though Inno's mature development process.

Suggestions? Comments? Thanks to the OP for bringing this up again.

Last edited:

Aelanna

I just came here to suggest this myself. I didn't realize that factories change the way they make things over time, I haven't gotten that far yet. But I have lots of factories, usually the same level or within 1 of the same level of each other, and I LOVE the checkbox that was added to workshops. It would be wonderful to have something similar on all those factories. Too much clicking. ;)

An alternative suggestion that has also never been developed was to make browser behave like the mobile app for setting factories with the blue arrow keys to move to each idle factory of that same type.

I do think this is a great idea. If you have a small screen it can make it really difficult to make sure you get all your factories working.