• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Dwarf - how many granite vs copper?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
If I were to build 21 total, what should the mix be?
I have a plan to make 13 granite, and 8 copper, but before commit, I could change it to 15:6 very easily-- other combos are possible with planned layout

Thanks

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I have 12 granite and 6 copper, you don't need that much copper, the trick is to upgrade the granite mines and portal to the max level 4, then the copper, then the research tree, the portal is 5x5 when upgraded to level 4. Im not all the way through yet but I would say 15 granite and 6 copper is a good choice.

DeletedUser1349

I always suggest 12 granite (14 is better) and 6 copper. All upgraded to L4 max (production boosts for ALL upgrades, ALL buildings). The portal must be at L4 to store enough for the last tech tree point. All races work like this, just the number of factories changes.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
the 2:1 ratio of granite to copper is a fairly good rule of thumb at level 4. One variation of this is if you have the space you could go for 10 or so copper mines at lvl 1 maybe the odd level 2. If you lack space 5/6 level 4 copper mines is what you want.

DeletedUser3312

I had 20 granite and 6 copper. just sold 2 granite and added 3 more copper. and I am still not making enough copper. Needing thousands and thousands of copper for each tech tree item is difficult when you can't produce but 20 every 3 hours per foundry. Right now I am struggling to get 4600 copper to activate 2 techs and I'm just now back to having 416 copper. So I think we need to redo the whole ratio. Copper is required in huge amounts as is granite. It was changed due to the slowing people down process. Right now I'm thinking you need more foundries than you do mines.

SoggyShorts

I have to disagree, What level are your dwarf factories and portal? With my 14:6 ratio I never got tech locked, and on one account I didn't even upgrade my copper past 3
6 coppers should be making 700 per day, and that is more than most techs ask for

DeletedUser3312

Portal is level 4, mines and foundries are 3's. It does not pay me to upgrade them to level 4 as it costs more than I get in return for way way to long. A lot of the techs are asking for 1500 - 2200 each and one is asking for 3000. granite is fine for me and why I sold 4 mines now. I still have plenty. Not sure how long ago you went through dwarves. The amounts for granite and copper were greatly increased in the techs to slow things down.

SoggyShorts

long ago you went through dwarves
You and I started dwarves the same week, and I have 3 main techs to go, plus the ones I skipped. I might have gotten tech locked for a day or 2 if they hadn't added in those chapter 4/5 techs behind me.

DeletedUser3312

You are breezing through with just a few factories and I am struggling with a bunch of them. hmmmm... you have super powers!!! grins I am enjoying dwarves, don't get me wrong!! lol. I just felt I was not getting anywhere with the number of factories I have.

SoggyShorts

11gmxbk.png

Well, I almost made it with
15 granite level 4
6 copper Level 3
donated 98 KP to wonders (mostly from buying KP for coin)
put about 110 KP in techs that were added to chapter 4/5 by update

Looks like I'll be tech-locked for 24h

Last edited:

DeletedUser4778

Do granite mines need a street connection to the MH as well as the portal? I checked the Wiki and it doesn't say anything about an MH connection so am I safe in assuming they don't need one? I can squeeze in 2-3 more mines in a future expansion if they don't.

SoggyShorts

Do granite mines need a street connection to the MH as well as the portal? I checked the Wiki and it doesn't say anything about an MH connection so am I safe in assuming they don't need one? I can squeeze in 2-3 more mines in a future expansion if they don't.
No. A portal needs a normal road to the MH, and copper/granite needs a portal track to the portal

EDIT: too slow Mykan! (But you get some credit for being the one to answer that question when I asked it hahahaah)

DeletedUser3312

Well, I almost made it with
15 granite level 4
6 copper Level 6
donated 98 KP to wonders (mostly from buying KP for coin)
put about 110 KP in techs that were added to chapter 4/5 by update

Looks like I'll be tech-locked for 24h

I was throwing kp at my golden abyss which is almost through upgrading to level 5. got about 6 minutes left. so I still have a couple of weeks left in dwarves filling in kp. smiles. I did not know you could upgrade the foundries to level 6!!!! I stopped at level 3 for all my mines and foundries. Only the portal is at 4 as that is required to store the amounts for the dwarf AW supply needs. Life is good for me, and I will just keep on slowly gathering the necesary supplies and the KP to finish. I've learned a lot that I hope will make Fairies a smoother journey. grins

DeletedUser2963

Question, the dwarf portal increases in size with the upgrade, do the copper mines and granite mines also increase in size?

Yippeee, I have copper!!!!!

DeletedUser4778

Question, the dwarf portal increases in size with the upgrade, do the copper mines and granite mines also increase in size?

Nope, none of the special goods producing buildings of guest races increase in size as per Wiki.