• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Dwarfs to Fairies

fitress

I have finished Dwarfs. While working to fulfill Advanced Scouts for Fairies, at about the 80th unit, I started getting Dwarfen Quests, both in my main quest line and the repeatable line. I never got any Dwarfen quests while actually in Dwarfs, so am wondering (a) why now? and (b) shouldn't I be getting Fairy quests?, or will they not start until I'm done?

To give more detail, many of the Dwarf quests already have the big green check, and allow me to collect. Some of them have asked for generic supplies/goods which for the most part I have been able to fulfill and move forward. Don't know if it makes a difference, but I refresh regularly because that is the only way I have been able to get the Frozen Keys.

I have completed the Fairy Advance Scouts, and am working on an expansion. Should I work on the Fairy Portal first?

Can I get rid of my Granite (2) and Copper (1) mines? Did I read somewhere to hold on to the Portal because I will get a chance to "sell" it with "reward" somewhere down the line?

help!?

DeletedUser10008

Hi @Fitress, yes you may sell the Granite and Copper mines as soon as you have finished their productions, but you do want to wait on the Portal until the quest to sell it comes up...which I believe comes as you get into the next chapter. There is a chapter guide in the Gem of Knowledge site that helps us with the direction recommended to do the research tree. It also has the chapter quest list in it, and it will tell which quests can be declined if wanted. The Portals are the same for each chapter, hold until the quest to sell, as are the productions which can be sold in each chapter when done with them. Have fun!!!

fitress

Hi @Fitress, yes you may sell the Granite and Copper mines as soon as you have finished their productions, but you do want to wait on the Portal until the quest to sell it comes up...which I believe comes as you get into the next chapter. There is a chapter guide in the Gem of Knowledge site that helps us with the direction recommended to do the research tree. It also has the chapter quest list in it, and it will tell which quests can be declined if wanted. The Portals are the same for each chapter, hold until the quest to sell, as are the productions which can be sold in each chapter when done with them. Have fun!!!
Thanks so much. It will help to be able to regain a little real estate, too.

DeletedUser10008

You are welcome! One thing I would suggest, keep the space open for the next guest race (Faries) and continue to grow that space. Once thru Faries we get to Orcs and they are notoriously slow....so the more space you can have available to put their productions in the better. However, using the space to rearrange before getting the guest race productions is a great idea!

fitress

You are welcome! One thing I would suggest, keep the space open for the next guest race (Faries) and continue to grow that space. Once thru Faries we get to Orcs and they are notoriously slow....so the more space you can have available to put their productions in the better. However, using the space to rearrange before getting the guest race productions is a great idea!
That's exactly what I'm going to try to do. I just sold my mines and a couple of the "streets". Do I need to keep the Portal connected in order to dispose of it later? By the way, thanks a TON for the knowledge site! I wish I had known about it before. Anyway, I'm sure it will make the Fairy experience much more enjoyable.

DeletedUser10008

We do not need to keep the Portal connected, unless we are going to use goods that may be in it for any new roads! I found the knowledge site when I was already in Orcs, so I too wish I had known of it earlier, lol

fitress

We do not need to keep the Portal connected, unless we are going to use goods that may be in it for any new roads! I found the knowledge site when I was already in Orcs, so I too wish I had known of it earlier, lol
Great - you have given me more than enough to keep me busy and out of your hair. Thanks again.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I have finished Dwarfs. While working to fulfill Advanced Scouts for Fairies, at about the 80th unit, I started getting Dwarfen Quests, both in my main quest line and the repeatable line. I never got any Dwarfen quests while actually in Dwarfs, so am wondering (a) why now? and (b) shouldn't I be getting Fairy quests?, or will they not start until I'm done?

To give more detail, many of the Dwarf quests already have the big green check, and allow me to collect. Some of them have asked for generic supplies/goods which for the most part I have been able to fulfill and move forward. Don't know if it makes a difference, but I refresh regularly because that is the only way I have been able to get the Frozen Keys.

I have completed the Fairy Advance Scouts, and am working on an expansion. Should I work on the Fairy Portal first?

Can I get rid of my Granite (2) and Copper (1) mines? Did I read somewhere to hold on to the Portal because I will get a chance to "sell" it with "reward" somewhere down the line?

help!?

Check the quest list as it is concerning if you did not get many dwarf quests. You want to ensure you have done them otherwise you might find yourself rebuilding granite and copper mines to complete certain tasks. If you did not get dwarf quests it is possible your mainline quests are further back then dwarves. The mainline quests are sequential and will not suddenly jump to fairies when you enter that chapter.

A dwarf quest gets added to the repeatable quest line which counts for nothing as far as main line quests go so be sure the quest you have seen is not just that one.

Note the advanced scouts is the end of a chapter not the start. Once you complete it you will move into the next chapter and things like repeatable quests, world map town picture and event rewards all recognise the new chapter.

As a general rule for any guest race you should start acquiring the technology to allow you to build their resources (which includes a portal and tracks) so you have them when you get to the techs that need them.

fitress

Check the quest list as it is concerning if you did not get many dwarf quests. You want to ensure you have done them otherwise you might find yourself rebuilding granite and copper mines to complete certain tasks. If you did not get dwarf quests it is possible your mainline quests are further back then dwarves. The mainline quests are sequential and will not suddenly jump to fairies when you enter that chapter.

A dwarf quest gets added to the repeatable quest line which counts for nothing as far as main line quests go so be sure the quest you have seen is not just that one.

Note the advanced scouts is the end of a chapter not the start. Once you complete it you will move into the next chapter and things like repeatable quests, world map town picture and event rewards all recognise the new chapter.

As a general rule for any guest race you should start acquiring the technology to allow you to build their resources (which includes a portal and tracks) so you have them when you get to the techs that need them.

Thanks for the info. I am definitely done with Dwarfs, and am working on the Fairy portal. I still have a Dwarf quest in my main line that I can't do right now (it's for a common commodity, so will be OK once I have the resources), and there is at least one Dwarf quest in my repeatable line. Have yet to see a Fairy quest. There are no open items on the research tree in Dwarfs. I just checked, and my world map picture has changed to Fairies, so at least part of it is working.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Thanks for the info. I am definitely done with Dwarfs, and am working on the Fairy portal. I still have a Dwarf quest in my main line that I can't do right now (it's for a common commodity, so will be OK once I have the resources), and there is at least one Dwarf quest in my repeatable line. Have yet to see a Fairy quest. There are no open items on the research tree in Dwarfs. I just checked, and my world map picture has changed to Fairies, so at least part of it is working.

Having completed the tech tree for dwarves and completed the mainline quests for dwarves are 2 separate things. I was in orcs before I started to get dwarf quests cause I had ignored them. I had to rebuild the dwarf and fairy races to catch-up. Once you find where you are at in the quest list and what is needed you will be fine.

DeletedUser12423

Once thru Faries we get to Orcs and they are notoriously slow....so the more space you can have available to put their productions in the better. However, using the space to rearrange before getting the guest race productions is a great idea!
Thank you, this is good advice for players when they get there. I'm sure we all appreciate you. Happy 2018!

fitress

Having completed the tech tree for dwarves and completed the mainline quests for dwarves are 2 separate things. I was in orcs before I started to get dwarf quests cause I had ignored them. I had to rebuild the dwarf and fairy races to catch-up. Once you find where you are at in the quest list and what is needed you will be fine.

Finally found the quest list - you're right. I'll be 2-blocked for a while, but should be able to work out of it. Thanks