• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Dwarven Bulwark

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Just finished Dwarves and have been looking at this AW. Trying to wrap my head around what it does besides providing sword dancers. I understand it increases training size as a percentage of squad size. For my current squad size, it says it will increase my training size by 130. My squad size is 576 and my training size is 186. Does this mean that building the Bulwark will allow me to train 316 at a time? And as I level it, the percentage amount increases?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I don't know exactly how the numbers work, but I know it made a big difference for me as soon as I put it down, in how many troops I could train at once. I went from having my training grounds run dry in the middle of the night to having it busy all day. Mine would go from 173 to 201 if I upgrade it to level 2.

Here is what hovering over a set of training light melee looks like for me:
upload_2017-10-6_21-40-38.png

The shrine bonus is "Shrine of the Shrewdy shrooms" and I have 2 level 23 armories for the 320

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Yes you are correct, it will increase the amount of troops you can train. A good wonder if you like to battle.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Technically, if you are able to always have something in your queue now, it won't increase the number you train.

All it does is let you queue more troops, so that if your queue frequently runs out over night, or while at work/school, then you will gain because your queue will last longer. That said, if you are currently just balanced, it means you can upgrade your training facilities more, so you can train fast without running out of queue.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Thanks Ashrem and Sir Squirrel. I ignored my military for the first 3 chapters, not even training troops. Since revisiting that decision and learning the battle system I have felt like I'm always behind. Even in tournaments with lower squad sizes I end up running out of troops. I never seem to have enough squads for regular province exploration. I'm always training troops, but as I upgraded the barracks the speed increased. My queues definitely run out overnight. It seems to me that even if I keep upgrading and decreasing training time that this AW will help. At least if the queues continue to run out overnight, I'll be collecting 5 sets of 316 troops instead of 5 sets of 186 troops. Off to build/tear down ToS and break some more runes.

DeletedUser4790

I love the Shrine of the Shrewdy Shrooms and the Dwarven Bulwark. Those 2 AWs along with 5 Armories, a fully upgraded Barracks and a level 6 Needle of the Tempest, allow me to train 3,955 troops in a little under 2 1/2 hours.

upload_2017-10-9_2-30-54.png

Last edited by a moderator: