• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

dwarven bulwark

Matrickz

this thing is a beast and thinking of selling it. Only level 3 and while the barbarians are nice and the increase in troop size is nice I an questioning it's value and it is taking up a lot of valuable space I can use for elves (and other race chapters). What is your thoughts?

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I found with the increase in troops training size (I have the Shrine of the Shrewdy Shrooms as well) I was able to build less armouries and your wonder never gets bigger in size, but will give more barracks troops training size as they get upgraded. If you fight then I think this wonder its a good one!
My Bulwark at level 8 gives me 1705 training size!!

Last edited:

Matrickz

wasnt thinking armory but simply the race related stuff for elves and then dragons which is an even bigger space consumer. I have 2 armories right now and they make orcs

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
You must mean fairies guest race. It is up to you, if you think you need the space you can always build it again later. But you will more than likely want to build it again later when your armouries get bigger and don't give as much of the troop training bonus as it does. One of my armouries gives me 280 troop training size at level 31 and are 3x7, my bulwark gives me 1705 at level 8 and is still 4x7 and will always be that size!

Last edited:

Deleted User - 3932582

wasnt thinking armory but simply the race related stuff for elves and then dragons which is an even bigger space consumer. I have 2 armories right now and they make orcs
If you're running with only two armories, you will want to have extra training size boosts in Woodelves. I ran the same 2x armories setup, and until Woodelves this was doable (still pretty annoying with frequent troop resets). But Woodelves barracks upgrade blows this out of the water. You will need either extra armories, or Shrine of Shrewdy Shrooms or Dwarven Bulwark, or some combination of the above. SSS is the most efficient at this stage, but I built DB soon afterwards.

If you don't, your full production cycles will be so short that your barracks are going to be idle a lot of time, and you don't want that. Unless you don't fight in tournaments at all ;)

This was with extra +30% barracks speed with L7 Needles, but I am pretty sure it will be pretty bad even without that.

Matrickz

If you're running with only two armories, you will want to have extra training size boosts in Woodelves. I ran the same 2x armories setup, and until Woodelves this was doable (still pretty annoying with frequent troop resets). But Woodelves barracks upgrade blows this out of the water. You will need either extra armories, or Shrine of Shrewdy Shrooms or Dwarven Bulwark, or some combination of the above. SSS is the most efficient at this stage, but I built DB soon afterwards.

If you don't, your full production cycles will be so short that your barracks are going to be idle a lot of time, and you don't want that. Unless you don't fight in tournaments at all ;)

This was with extra +30% barracks speed with L7 Needles, but I am pretty sure it will be pretty bad even without that.
I have shrooms and I just upgraded to I think level 7. Thinking the same thing that I can create again later

DeletedUser9601

Do you fight? Do you want to be active in tournaments? Are you logging on 3-5 times a day to collect the troops every 3 hours?
If yes, keep it.
First, I think the "Free troop" component of the military AWs is severely underrated. There is a soft cap on how much you can produce in a given week (unless you're power-levelling your Needles, and even then ignoring non-Barracks troops). Getting a handful of free squads each week is huge week-to-week.
Second, its a bear for space, but if you're constantly scouting, you should have a good chunk of extra expansions. So just tuck it into a corner and forget about it. No offense, but you're swimming in dead space. You've got 134 dead squares, which is like 3 Bulwarks worth.

I'd say, hold onto it through Woodelves, and then use the Woodelves-to-S&D transition to clean your city up.

DeletedUser18011

I agree with most of the posts - if you are the fighting type and can log in frequently to collect troops it's worth it. If nothing else the free Light Melee I get is great and I haven't had to pay for any in a long time. The increase in training size is also a big plus. I don't know about some of the later chapters others are referring to but it sounds like good planning for those by hanging onto it.

DeletedUser20951

Getting a handful of free squads each week is huge week-to-week.

If nothing else the free Light Melee I get is great and I haven't had to pay for any in a long time.
This is definitely an underrated perk. I built mine immediately after unlock and I foresee the high probability of never having to actually train any squishy regular light melee troops again.

Matrickz

Do you fight? Do you want to be active in tournaments? Are you logging on 3-5 times a day to collect the troops every 3 hours?
If yes, keep it.
First, I think the "Free troop" component of the military AWs is severely underrated. There is a soft cap on how much you can produce in a given week (unless you're power-levelling your Needles, and even then ignoring non-Barracks troops). Getting a handful of free squads each week is huge week-to-week.
Second, its a bear for space, but if you're constantly scouting, you should have a good chunk of extra expansions. So just tuck it into a corner and forget about it. No offense, but you're swimming in dead space. You've got 134 dead squares, which is like 3 Bulwarks worth.

I'd say, hold onto it through Woodelves, and then use the Woodelves-to-S&D transition to clean your city up.
Guess I should use electric elvenarchitect to fix empties