• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Dwarven bulwark

AtaguS

I didn't even place mine until I got to chapter 14. And didn't find myself missing it. In chapter 14 I upped my tournament game, and used the DB as an additional armory to get my training camps to decent pace. But even still, have only ever leveled it to 3...
I'm sure someone else will come along with a great reason to keep it and level it up but as fas as my game goes, it hasn't been a big deal.

maeter75

Never built mine, did not see a reason and still really don't. I only have 3 armories but with the Shroom AW, I can queue enough troops I did not need a bigger armory.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I had one, once, in all of my cities. I did find it useful when I was in an awkward phase, hmm around fairy chapter, because it did help beef out my training queue and allow me to advance my overall troop training. I did sell it, in late Woodelf or early S&D.

DeletedUser20539

I am considering getting rid of mine too. I seldom have need for it. I rely more on the Shrooms and Flying Academy. My FS Mage told me to hang on to it, but I'm having second thoughts. Any advice on what I should replace it with? I'm about to finish "Halflings".

LordVorKon

I like mine. At level 6, it provides the training size of almost FIVE armories, while being the same footprint (not counting the 6600 population and 20K+ culture) as one armory. If I wasn't trying to keep Unurium production up, I probably would probably teleport my last two armories and just use the DB.

DeletedUser20539

I like mine. At level 6, it provides the training size of almost FIVE armories, while being the same footprint (not counting the 6600 population and 20K+ culture) as one armory. If I wasn't trying to keep Unurium production up, I probably would probably teleport my last two armories and just use the DB.
Great advice LordVorKon. I think I'll keep mine now. It's currently at Level 4 so I think I'll even upgrade it.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I am considering getting rid of mine too. I seldom have need for it. I rely more on the Shrooms and Flying Academy. My FS Mage told me to hang on to it, but I'm having second thoughts. Any advice on what I should replace it with? I'm about to finish "Halflings".
But you could level your Shrooms and put in the Temple of the Toads. Riddle me this: do you like your Heavy Melee? Could you use free ones? And have them hit harder?

DeletedUser20539

But you could level your Shrooms and put in the Temple of the Toads. Riddle me this: do you like your Heavy Melee? Could you use free ones? And have them hit harder?
I haven't gotten to the Temple of Toads yet, so I'll have to think about that. Thank you for your input Lelanya.

Pheryll

Set Designer
The dwarven bulwark, when equally leveled with needles of the tempest, flying academy, and victory springs gets better the more levels you place in them. For chapter 17 with no armories, having all these wonders at level 13 gives 6 hours of training time; for all of them at level 30, 9 hours of training time.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
My lvl 6 gives me two things: My squad size is 4794 and at lvl 6 this increases my training size by 45%, 2158. Thus, my training size goes up by 2158, and I get 2158 light melee every 3 hours. That, for me, is about 10k light melee a day. Since I don't use light melee very often I let my DB build them up rather than make them in my barracks where I make what I usually use. I also get some ranking points but for me that's not too important. I'm not sure how LordVonKon gets 5 armories of training out of his DB, but it appears to me I get 1.5 or so. Maybe there's some other building(s) that have an impact. For me then, the DB is worth it because to get my training size up I'd have to build another armory or so.

AJ

LordVorKon

I'm not sure how LordVonKon gets 5 armories of training out of his DB

A level 37 armory only provides 500 training size. Your DB provides 2158, you said, so that's 4.3 armories, is it not?
(Training size, not orc production....)

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I see your calculations and my armories do 450 so I can see how you got your numbers. Thanks.

AJ

DeletedUser20539

Thanks everyone. I'm so glad I read through this post. I'm definitely keeping my Bulwark! I was looking at it from the standpoint of Sword Dancers not "Training size".

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Do you also use Shrooms? Because it is calculated based on armory levels. If you get rid of all your armories Shrooms won't give you training size anymore.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Matrickz Do you have a leveled Shine of the Shrooms and multiple armories? If you do, then you might have enough training size that you don't need DB. But if you don't have Shrooms already built and leveled, your training size is going to take a huge hit if you dump a level 6 DB.