• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Dwarven Portal

• Thread starter Deleted User - 107391
  • Start date

Deleted User - 107391

Just a simple question.

This isn't exactly the Portal itself, nor is it truly an important issue.

What do you do that puts the Dwarven portal-or-whatever up in the background beside the Ancient Wonders?

DeletedUser

Could be a marketing thing. When I saw the first screen shots of the Wonders, I was excited that they would not require city space, which they do if fact require. I have noticed that activating the tech tree up to the Dwarven act puts the portal in the representation of your city on the world map. Is this what you are referring to? I noticed that immediately because I didn't actually have a portal at the time. XD

DeletedUser61

The background art, which depends on your resolution settings, merely indicats that a city HAS the associated Ancient Wonder. There was a carry over bug that nicely confused the entire issue, because the background AWs didn't disappear when you went to a subsequent city.

Deleted User - 107391

... When I saw the first screen shots of the Wonders, I was excited that they would not require city space, which they do if fact require. I have noticed that activating the tech tree up to the Dwarven act puts the portal in the representation of your city on the world map. Is this what you are referring to?.... XD

Thanks for replying. No, that is not what I mean. On the workspace of your city, three buildings show up in the mountains, one for each of the two Ancient Wonders and one that has to do with the dwarves. I have both of my AW buildings, and kind of thought the dwarf building would appear when I got a Portal, but it didn't.

The background art, which depends on your resolution settings, merely indicates that a city HAS the associated Ancient Wonder. ..

Oh, I guess it will show up when I build the Dwarven Ancient Wonder.

DeletedUser

I feel I am missing something by not having graphics set to "high". Should it be admissible to punish those without high-tech computers? I wonder.