• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Dwarven roads should be 49 culture NOT 29!

DeletedUser7367

Just upgraded to Dwarven roads... Layed down THREE of them... only awarded 29 Culture.... The building panel clearly states FORTY NINE [49] Culture!...... Please fix and award accordingly. TYVM! Brooster [game name]

DeletedUser1996

Yeah it does say 49 . and you only got 29?? ..better send a ticket into the support Devs !

DeletedUser7367

How do you send a 'ticket'.... I posted it on here thinking 'this' was the only way, brother... :(

DeletedUser1996

no prob. -In your city - on your screen right lower is a gear thingy - click on that and then click on the ? mark. there it will take you to the support center and you`ll see contact us -click on that & THEN you`ll see what you need to send a ticket :)

DeletedUser1996

did you place the dwarven roads over existing roads? If so then you have to take into consideration you are losing the road bonus of the road you just replaced
thats true ! If they were culture roads ! didnt think if that.

DeletedUser3297

When placing new streets on top of old streets, you only get the difference in culture. Since you are essentially removing the street beneath it.

Cobbled road gives a cultural benefit of 20 per square. Dwarven Street gives a cultural benefit of 49 per square.

If you place a new street, you get the full 49 culture. If you place an upgraded road on top of an old road, you get the difference which would be an added 29 since the 20 beneath is no longer valid culture, however the value of that road is still the same at 49. You just don't get the benefit of a road you no longer have.

DeletedUser7367

no prob. -In your city - on your screen right lower is a gear thingy - click on that and then click on the ? mark. there it will take you to the support center and you`ll see contact us -click on that & THEN you`ll see what you need to send a ticket :)
Done deal.... really quite irritating.... sigh

DeletedUser7367

did you place the dwarven roads over existing roads? If so then you have to take into consideration you are losing the road bonus of the road you just replaced
Pardon me? That is beyond illogical..... If you're awarded more.... you state that you sacrifice what was there beforehand? Ludicrous, at best. That dog won't hunt!

DeletedUser7367

Took a deep breath... laid down NEW road.... and got a long winded reply from support... All good.... sigh... lol

Gath Of Baal

Pardon me? That is beyond illogical..... If you're awarded more.... you state that you sacrifice what was there beforehand? Ludicrous, at best. That dog won't hunt!
yep, if you had 1000 culture and placed a dwarven road on top of your old cobbled road you end up losing the 20 for the cobbled road bringing you down to 980 culture then you gain the 49 from the new road brining you to 1029 culture, which if you where basing you only gaining 29 culture for a dwarven road this is the reason it only shows up as gaining 29 culture instead of 49. but you did get credit for the 49 culture

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Roads are a bit of an oddity. Anything else that you put down, you have to clear the space first. If people had to delete their old roads (and thus lose the culture from them) before they could put down the new roads, that might be less confusing. it can also be wasteful, in that it's perfectly possible to build new road over top of the same type of road, without realizing it if it is hiding behind a building. You are then paying the full cost of the new road (in both cash and supplies), but not getting anything in return. Nor do you get any credit for dismantling them.

DeletedUser7367

Roads are a bit of an oddity. Anything else that you put down, you have to clear the space first. If people had to delete their old roads (and thus lose the culture from them) before they could put down the new roads, that might be less confusing. it can also be wasteful, in that it's perfectly possible to build new road over top of the same type of road, without realizing it if it is hiding behind a building. You are then paying the full cost of the new road (in both cash and supplies), but not getting anything in return. Nor do you get any credit for dismantling them.
Your logic and consternation are impeccable! Spot on assessment! :)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Are you sure? I just tried to do this, and it doesn't seem possible.
100% sure. It even says in one of the start-up "hints" that there is no need to remove old roads, you can just build right over them. Unless you are referring specifically to the building of the same level of road over top of another. That I admit I haven't checked, I simply extrapolated from the behavior that the roads are considered to have no value when selling or overwriting them.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Yes, specifically that. (that's why it's the only part I quoted);)
Sure. be all logical and stuff. Shouldn't you be crapping all over new players like the rest of us old people hiding in our mommy's basements?*

*Fair warning, I bought my first house when I was in my mid 20s by getting a personal loan with a friend at 14% interest (because we hadn't been working long enough to qualify for a mortgage that would have been only 12%) plus a second mortgage from the previous owner for the down payment, and rented out the main floor while we lived in the undeveloped basement. And my mommy died nearly 40 years ago and I now provide for my severely disabled spouse and am her sole caregiver, so it's just barely possible I might be overly sensitive to broad strokes. But, hey, whatever makes people feel good about themselves. (Not that this has anything to do with Soggy's comment or this thread, but it felt right to include it here. I used to bite my toungue about all kinds of things and politely allow people their quaint opinions of their importance to the universe, but now, really, who gives a f***? Can you tell the difference between when I'm actually upset and just not willing to stifle myself for a stranger's pleasure? I'm betting not, because no-one on this forum has actually seen me upset, or even full-on sarcastic. We had a terrific marinated roast pork loin for supper followed by peach and cream-cheese baked into a puff pastry. If you made it this far, I'm impressed, but why? Shouldn't you be harvesting and setting productions before bed?)

DeletedUser2963

<---has to wait another 36 minutes to harvest and set bedtime productions...45 minutes and mommy is going to turn my light out.

Edit: I read too much!!! And now I creeped myself out. My mother passed over a decade ago, and if she flips my light switch I am going to just crap all over! ...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser61

What EVER shall we do for 45 minutes before Mommy turns out the lights??