• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Dwarves

InvincibleRailroad

I am one research away from Chapter 6, Dwarves. I am wondering if I have enough residences, work shops and maufactories. Here is what I have:
Residences = 26 Level 15
Workshops = 8 level 15
Marble = 2 level 15
Crystal = 3 level 15
Gems = 3 level 15

Inventory:
Tier 1 goods = 56,498
Tier 2 goods = 38,246
Tier 3 goods = 41,198

Armories = 2 level 14
Barracks = level 9
Training grounds = level 6

Any input/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Looks good, the only thing I'd say is your marble production will be pretty low, and you probably have way more T3 than you'll need. If it was me, I'd drop a Gem and add 2 more marble.
The rest looks balanced, though it'd be easier to see if you could post a link to an www.elvenarchitect.com version of your city.
At a minimum you'll need 9 expansions for the copper and granite mines for chapter 6. Up until chapter 9/10 I had plenty of T3 with just 2 gems. I also focused quite a bit on tournaments when my boosts came up, getting my relics up to 500 for the max 700% boost ASAP, and that eats a lot of T1.
My $0.02

Let me know if you have more questions or post a link to your build.

InvincibleRailroad

I have been working on creating my city in the architect, but having problems for some reason, like squares not coming out right. I did have 4 Marble, but sold 2 and have regretted it. I will heed your advice on dropping 1 gem and adding 2 marble.
Thank You,and you will probably here from me again soon.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I think this is again one of those situations that does not have a definitive answer.
It depends on how you play.
I just finished Dwarves, I have;
5 - T1
6 - T2
2 - T3
I bribe all my regular encounters and 90% of tourney encounters. So I go through a lot of T1 and T2.
But I only have 1 armory.
If you do a lot of fighting you may want to beef up your military buildings.

btw
If I had your goods inventory I'd be panicking and running lots of spells. lol

DeletedUser6372

It also matters if you are Elf or Human. Elves need a whole lot more T1 than Humans do because they are smaller. Instead of saying how many buildings, you might want to say how much space total they take up.

For example, at the beginning of Dwarves, I had 8 Marble, 3 Crystal and 2 Gems as elves. So while that sounds like massively over-built for Marble, each one was only a 2x3 so that's only 6*8=48 squares worth. But Human marble manufactories at level 15 are a 4x3, meaning they'd only need 4x marble manufactories to have the same 'footprint'.

The big thing, though, is to make sure you have enough space for your Guest Race Space. I flew through Dwarves with a 3x3 expansion area, but YMMV.

SoggyShorts

I have been working on creating my city in the architect, but having problems for some reason, like squares not coming out right.
Not totally sure what you mean by this, but I know some players view "north" as the valley, and the game views "north" as the cliffs.
This difference would make building that are 3x2 look like 2x3 to you.
You don't need to re-wire your thinking though, you can go to the setting tab on architect and click "rotate"

DeletedUser7370

I would suggest selling off the non-boosted factories. You should have large enough stocks in each good to be able to wait up to a week to pick up trades from your boosted goods.

I would also suggest completely rearranging your city. Your current layout uses nearly twice as much space for roads as is necessary for your buildings. That space could easily be applied to a couple more large culture buildings to bring your bonus to 50%. A single road should run between your workshops as you did with residences. Moving your main hall to the center lets you get the most efficient design as you can have 4 straight roads, however that would be difficult to maintain. Placing the main hall such that you can use all 4 sides of that building, and fill 2 small quadrants with culture while having the road that divides the remaining 2 quadrants be short is optimal. The @SoggyShorts design is to have 1 side be connected by a single road tile that picks up a 2 or 3 larger buildings; and I happen to think it is one of the best solutions.

I would also suggest getting rid of as many small culture buildings as possible and replacing them with large buildings. Again it should be easy to bring you culture bonus up to 50%, which is the highest efficiency for the underlying bonus calculation.

SoggyShorts

Last edited:

InvincibleRailroad

I like the design! I would like to thank you both for taking the time to review my city and sharing your expertise. Once I finish the advanced scouts and get into Dwarves I will update the link so you can take a look. THANK YOU Again!!

InvincibleRailroad

I have a question. Does every granite and copper mine need to be connected to the portal? I now have the portal, a portal track and the granite mine. I looked at your design, which I now have, and it shows no portal tracks. Please advise.

SoggyShorts

which I now have, and it shows no portal tracks. Please advise.
Right, sorry. I often don't put any roads or portal tracks in my plans in case someone wants to tweak them. (deleting all those roads in architect can be a pain)
@Salator is correct

You city looks good btw, I see you didn't waste any time upgrading those residences =)

DeletedUser7370

I have a question. Does every granite and copper mine need to be connected to the portal? I now have the portal, a portal track and the granite mine. I looked at your design, which I now have, and it shows no portal tracks. Please advise.
A small trick is that the portal only needs to be connected to the main city roads when it is upgrading.

DeletedUser7370

There is some math behind the portal upgrade though. Each granite mine upgrade is 1620 granite. The portal upgrade is 8100 granite. That is a ratio of 1:5. Upgrading the portal gives a 20% bonus to production. Upgrading a single mine adds 12/h to production; so if the 12/h is more than a 4% upgrade in production then it is better than upgrading the portal. If you reverse the math then that means you have to hit 300 granite per hour before the 2 different upgrades can be considered equal. At which point upgrading a mine still wins because it finishes in 4 hours when the portal uses 16 or 17 hours. Once you get over 300 per hour it is best to save up and upgrade the portal.

DeletedUser6372

One thing I think hasn't been mentioned is that you need to upgrade your portal fairly soon in the chapter because a level 1 portal can't even hold enough granite to unlock copper mines.
It's also more efficient to upgrade the portal first. Sure, it's only a 20% as opposed to a 50%, but that's 20% to everything.

Sure, it costs as much as five upgrades, which are individually worth 50% as opposed to 20%, but if you have more than about thirteen granite mines (and you darn well should), it is far more cost effective. Not to mention time effective as you are only upgrading a single building rather than five of them.

First thing I did was spam out like 20 or so granite mines. Sure, a couple were eventually sold off, but that's beside the point. You need solid granite production ASAP, and the portal upgrade is a global boost to that production. Economics of scale... we has it.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
It's also more efficient to upgrade the portal first. Sure, it's only a 20% as opposed to a 50%, but that's 20% to everything.

Sure, it costs as much as five upgrades, which are individually worth 50% as opposed to 20%, but if you have more than about thirteen granite mines (and you darn well should), it is far more cost effective. Not to mention time effective as you are only upgrading a single building rather than five of them.

First thing I did was spam out like 20 or so granite mines. Sure, a couple were eventually sold off, but that's beside the point. You need solid granite production ASAP, and the portal upgrade is a global boost to that production. Economics of scale... we has it.

:O

I only had 5 granite mines