• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Easter 2018 Set Buildings (SPOILERS!)

DeletedUser6189

Perhaps I'm missing something (I'm sure Soggy can help sort me out on this), but it looks like they decreased the number of sky essence that you can obtain naturally (without diamonds) for this event.

Whereas the Eldrasil's event and the winter event both were relatively easy to get the third grand prize by utilizing the "double days," this event seems to only grant you 1160 feathers, quite a bit short of the 1450 goal for the third grand prize.

2788 essence from sequential quests
875 essence from daily quests
250 low estimate of 10 essence from eggs/day for 25 days
3913 sky essence ... round that up to 4000

4000 essence will let you open 28.5 of the third egg ... round that up to 29.

Even if you open ONLY on "double days" ... that's 1,160 feathers, 290 short of getting the third grand prize. That means that to have a chance of getting he third grand prize, you would need 14 of those eggs to contain bonus sky essence. Statistically, you have no right to expect to get more than 7-8.

Sooooo ... this event seems to bring us back to the days of "you're pretty lucky if you hope to get the third grand prize without diamonds." It's not nearly as impossible as it used to be, but they seem to be offering less essence overall than in the past (maybe because there are less sequential quests?), which means getting a full set isn't going to be as easy as one might hope.

I'd LOVE for someone to show me where I made a mistake, because I was really happy when that third GP became more accessible overall.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Balderdinger
Oh my....
Getting a full set is actually almost not possible this event....
If you spend 280 ess to get a lighthouse, and 280 more to get a pavilion (which is pretty damn lucky) then you only have a 5% chance of getting enough feathers for all 3 GP, and that is assuming you spend ALL 3353 remaining ess on double days.

There's gonna be some unimpressed players....
Here's the calculator:
http://www.ballio.com/winter.php

I was so caught up in getting wishing wells I didn't even check the GP chances....

Basically if you spend more than ~600 total ess getting the lighthouse and pavillion, you should give up and go for something else unless you are willing to buy feathers for $$$

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
At the risk of getting lynched (just kidding) I don't remember playing any game where players could get all the same prizes and benefits as the players spending $$ to get them. I remember some top prizes being a crap shoot for free players, which this is, but to be more assured of getting top prize $$ had to be spent. So I never had the expectation that I would get the top prize assured for free in this game. I thought it was very nice of Inno to add the double days to increase the odds. I'm sure that to reach the top prize the feathers, or whatever, would have to be planned out and tracked very closely. Just my opinion from other game experiences.

Pheryll

Set Designer
4000 essence will let you open 28.5 of the third egg ... round that up to 29.

I'd LOVE for someone to show me where I made a mistake, because I was really happy when that third GP became more accessible overall.

4000 essences will on average be 37 large eggs. What you did not count here was that large eggs can generate more essences leading to the opening of more large eggs. You get feathers during these recycling events.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I don't remember playing any game where players could get all the same prizes and benefits as the players spending $$ to get them.
While many games do have this kind of P2W (Pay To Win) system, some of the most popular games rely more on player impatience, and allow the freeplayer to reach the same achievements only through significantly more effort.
Some other games even give zero real advantage to paying players, counting on supporters to buy purely cosmetic items through the in game shop (Path of Exile is probably the best example of this)

I've posted more than once that inno should add cosmetics to the shop: Avatars, building skins etc as those are something I'd actually buy in a F2P game.

Archlist

250 low estimate of 10 essence from eggs/day for 25 days

10 Essence per day is way too low even if you collect only two or three times per day. The eggs usually drop more often than once per hour, and the chances to find in them 1, 2 or 3 Essences is 13:3:1, so on average that makes 1.3 Essence per drop. With the assumption of 20 eggs collected per day, this equals 1.3*20*25=650 Essence over the course of the Event, bringing the total up to 4400 Essence. Spending all of these on Double Days to open either the Small or the Large Phoenix Eggs (but not the Medium ones) gives >90% chance of obtaining the 3rd Grand Prize, though of course if one goes after the additional Set buildings which are offered as daily prizes, the chances of the 3rd GP will diminish.

Archlist

It's in the same file which lists the odds of the different items in the NH chests, or the chances of the individual rewards given by the Wishing Wells, along with other percentages visible in-game (like the probabilities of prizes in the event chests).

The Unbeliever

At the risk of getting lynched (just kidding) I don't remember playing any game where players could get all the same prizes and benefits as the players spending $$ to get them. I remember some top prizes being a crap shoot for free players, which this is, but to be more assured of getting top prize $$ had to be spent. So I never had the expectation that I would get the top prize assured for free in this game. I thought it was very nice of Inno to add the double days to increase the odds. I'm sure that to reach the top prize the feathers, or whatever, would have to be planned out and tracked very closely. Just my opinion from other game experiences.
The 'dick move' by INNO in this case, is that they push a player to attempt to put together a full set building, and then turn around and make it possible only if you pay-up in $$$...
That's literally akin to just a kick in the teeth.

At least in FoE, outside of the unwinnable Winter Event that's designed purely to **** you off, every set building release thus far has been obtainable if you focus exclusively on working towards it. (ie: you ignore EVERY other possible daily prize)
Now granted, it's still NOT a 100% guarantee of getting it due to how variance works of course when dealing with RNG's, but basically if a player completes ALL quests, collects all the random ess/apples/whatever, etc... and then opens only the highest % chest for the specific set building daily specials, you'll walk away with 1 full set.

Here though?
I'm hugely disappointed at the reveal that getting a full set has been purposely designed to be outright impossible to begin with!
That's massively uncool. :mad::mad::mad:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
has been purposely designed
I think you're giving them too much credit. I'm inclined to think someone said "We gave away too many essences last time, so everyone got the grand prize without buying diamonds. Cut back." without ever considering how hard it would be to get the full set.

Or, they went "People are complaining we should have fewer quests" so they cut 20 or 30 off, without adjusting the essences.

I think either is more likely than them actually doing math and stuff to make it harder to win the grand prize.

DeletedUser16626

I am new here. Do the set buildings have to touch or just be connected by road to get the bonuses?

shimmerfly

I am new here. Do the set buildings have to touch or just be connected by road to get the bonuses?
According to the gems of knowledge...
https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/phoenix-cult-set-buildings

"Set buildings are buildings which link together for a greater benefit. With set buildings, only one building in the set needs a road connection; the rest only need to touch any of the rest of the set."

:) This site also has a lot of other good info for someone new

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
They don't all have to touch the road, but they do have to touch each other, to get the bonuses. They will get their basic production whether or not they touch each other, but in if not touching each other, then they all have to touch the road.

DeletedUser16626

Does anyone know based on past events, if they’ll do another double Phoenix feathers? Saving my essence in hopes they will so I can get the last grand prize.

DeletedUser

I pray to the Great Schemer that you're right.

Otherwise, this set will be basically impossible to acquire without forking over 5k+ in :diamond::diamond::diamond:...
At this point, if they're just going to be so obviously trollish about it, INNO should just ahead and put a $200 price tag on the set and stop pretending already!:mad::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I got the full set in my main Beta city, and I certainly didn't drop 5k+ :diamond: to do so. Difficult yes, but not impossible.

kctanzen

I managed to get 4 of the set buildings so far, but no duplicates.
I have 763 bits saved up for remaining chest tries and am at 135 / 800 on the counter.
So far, I have been exceedingly unlucky with free essence / retries -- but that has greatly increased my stock of instants along the way.
In hindsight .. I would have done several fewer cracks at the wishing well .. since I got 5 of those in total;

If I were to miraculously get the 3rd grand prize, is there a layout I can make to get a full bonus from it to generate shards?
I thought I remember reading that one would need 2 each of the daily prize set buildings to make that work.

Thanks!