• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Easter Event and other things

DeletedUser7573

If I may offer some ideas for future events: lengths and a unique unit award here goes.

1. The Easter event should award a Phoenix unit upon completion.
2. The Winter Event should award an Abominable Snowman in the future.
3. The Easter event was too long. I think 60 quests is more than adequate, and the Essence gain should reflect this re-balance. I only got to 1/3 of the way through the Valentine Event and was not serious about it because the number of quest was too many. I enjoyed the winter and Halloween events because of their number of quests.
4. I do not think we should have to research and unlock non-boosted buildings in order to advance the tech tree. The game already knows your boosted goods, therefore the game should "sense" your boosted goods and adjust the tech tree accordingly. I'm not one on code, but a script that reflects a player with Marble, Crystal, and Elixir. Such as: "If Marble, then no plank, and no steel. If Crystal, then no Scrolls, and no Silk. If Elixir, then no Magic Dust, and no Gems." The "if, then" can be modified to reflect any combo.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
You don't have to research non-boosted goods any more than is already required. The quests to obtain non-boosted goods are a way of pushing you to use the trader. Aside from the event, the tech tree is constant for everyone of the same race. If they took out your non-boosted factories, they'd just put something else in that place to use up KP.

SimplyNoble

3. The Easter event was too long. I think 60 quests is more than adequate, and the Essence gain should reflect this re-balance. I only got to 1/3 of the way through the Valentine Event and was not serious about it because the number of quest was too many. I enjoyed the winter and Halloween events because of their number of quests.

o_OWait so...:confused:There were only 23 quests in the Valentines event, far fewer than the 60 you think is just right, but you didn't take it seriously because there were too many quests. The winter event had 100 but you think it was perfect. The Phoenix event only has 86. But you liked the winter event better, ,which was the highest number out of all of the events and about twice what you think would be just right....because of the number of quests.
:rolleyes:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
2dm9zcz.jpg

turfboss

I have a much different problem than the length of the event - up front it was stated that it would not be likely that anyone could get through the Third Grand Prize - maybe if you only did the 140 valued SE eggs (to gain 20 feathers a crack) - not a problem but I am now on Quest 60 and calculating the balance of the SE available this event is a real rip off - vis a vie the following analysis --

I have done the 140 SE (to gain 20 feathers) each time so far (with the exception I think of one 10 unit (middle egg click)) I am at Quest 61 and counted up the avail SE points from the Quests 61 through 86 - there are only 1475 SE points avail from the Quests - Toward the Second Grand Prize I have already done the first two 140 SE blocks (ie I have 40 feathers toward the 400 I need to win the second Grand Prize)

BUT - at 20 feathers per 140 block I still need 18 more blocks (360 feathers to reach 400) - those 18 blocks require me to gain 18 x 140 SE or 2520 SE BUT there are only 1475 SE avail from the remaining Quests so I am short (from just completing the Quests) a total of 1045 SE which will have to drop from the sky for me to complete the Second Grand Prize -

For the nominal 18 days left in the event that's over 50 SE drops a day for me to collect from the SE dropped from the sky . I don't mind it being tight and not getting to win the third Grand Prize but whoever designed this needs to go back to school and take another math course - even a 5th grader should have been able to figure out the math required to make sure that those of us who play hard at the game have a fair shot at winning the offered prizes.

SoggyShorts

@turfboss
The 3rd prize is actually worse than the phoenix cult daily prize, so you aren't missing out on anything.
If the developers made a prize that can only be won by spending about $100, that's fine by me since those players who want to spend the money to show their support are paying for my free game.

Gath Of Baal

This has been this way for the 2 other events like this (summer solstice & Winter Event). Getting the grand prize has always been about pure luck and hoping that when you open a 140 box you get rewarded more essence, flakes or shards to open more boxes.

I am just happy to be given the chance to win these wonderful building in these event for free.. Normally for buildings like this you would of had to spend diamonds on premium culture buildings before the start of the events.

turfboss

I can agree that the third Grand Prize was not on my horizon and if there are enough points in the daily it may get to the possibility that the second is in reach - I did not think about the luck element and hoping that we could (or might) win the 140 SE as part of the awards and hence knock off some of thos 18 blocks that I need to get to the 400 feathers - thanks for the responses.

DeletedUser7573

Well which is it? 86 for Easter is too many, but the 100 for winter was just right?

o_OWait so...:confused:There were only 23 quests in the Valentines event, far fewer than the 60 you think is just right, but you didn't take it seriously because there were too many quests. The winter event had 100 but you think it was perfect. The Phoenix event only has 86. But you liked the winter event better, ,which was the highest number out of all of the events and about twice what you think would be just right....because of the number of quests.
:rolleyes:

I was discouraged by my guild from doing the event because the culture buildings in the prizes were considered less than ideal. I also could not do some of the quests because I was not far enough up the tech tree.
I was under the impression the Valentine event was longer than the Winter event. I thought that was the case. Regardless, I think a way should be made for the people who do not buy diamonds (like myself and others who have posted here) to get the grand prize. I'm also not saying I preferred one event over the other. I'm just making an opinion about the event quest length.

SoggyShorts

I also could not do some of the quests because I was not far enough up the tech tree.
As a test my wife started a new account to see if she could complete the event. It took her 9 days, so even an inexperienced player should be able to complete it in the 28 days provided.
I think a way should be made for the people who do not buy diamonds (like myself and others who have posted here) to get the grand prize.
I think there should be a way for players willing to spend money to pay for my free game.
It's also worth noting that the "grand prize" isn't even as good as the Phoenix Cult which is a daily prize available for everyone.

DeletedUser7573

Regardless, Let's not eviscerate someone because of an opinion. I did not come on this forum to be eviscerated for posting my thoughts or suggestions.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
There's nothing close to evisceration here.

But, yes, even the best among us can be over-zealous when disagreeing.

SoggyShorts

t's not eviscerate someone because of an opinion.
Eviscerate? I was wearing my super soft kid gloves specially designed for handling snowflakes when I posted my differing opinion.
I did not come on this forum to be eviscerated for posting my thoughts or suggestions.
Surely you didn't post an opinion in an open forum on the internet expecting 100% consensus?