• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Eclectic Traverse Wants YOU (probably)

• Thread starter DeletedUser20951
  • Start date

DeletedUser20951

Against my better judgme- Uh, I mean, after careful considerat- Alright, I'll square it with you. Very little deliberation went into my decision to make a go of building up an active fellowship again, although the idea had been in the back of my mind for a few months. What prompted me to finally do so was the unexpected joining of three active and delightful players, and not having to start completely from scratch is great.

With our current roster of five, we will be averaging four chests in every tournament, but since I believe the most important aspect of playing a game is to enjoy playing it, my demands for participation in the tournies is fairly low. I've set the baseline contribution at fifty points from every player each week to get a feel for what is reasonable.

The level of activity of a player is worth more than their score, in my not so humble opinion, and there is no minimum requirement on rank. Cities of all sizes are welcome, as are any boosts. Given how wildly the production of goods and amount expended varies from player to player, it is an effort in relative futility to strive for a perfect balance that makes outside trading obsolete. Would I prefer a balanced group? Sure, but that is far from my main focus.

Respect for the views of your fellows is necessary, no matter how significantly they might differ from your own. Arguments are fine, but I won't tolerate insults or personal attacks being cast, nor belittling or patronizing mannerisms.

Neighborly aid must be bestowed upon all members at least three times a week, to help cultivate nonverbal camaraderie and let me know you're alive and kicking. Speaking of nonverbal, chatting is not mandatory. Chat if you'd like to, but you certainly don't have to.

Anybody that takes part in the game discussion section of the forums already knows just how much I loathe cross-tier trades, and those along with unfair trades will not be allowed except in a limited and rare, absolutely need the goods in a extremely tight spot kind of way, not regularly to support a lack of adequate production of all three tiers of your boosted goods.

If this sounds like a good fit for you (and you think you could put up with my blunt nature), feel free to jump aboard. I have the membership acquisition open, as I firmly believe in giving everybody a chance.

I wish you all well and thank you for your time, regardless of whether you join us. *tips hat and bows low*

DeletedUser20951

Let this be a warning to ye that may consider entering, of what you might stumble upon in the chatbox when I am left to my own devices, as I was a short time ago.
Conversation 1.jpg Conversation 2.jpg Conversation 3.jpg Conversation 4.jpg
(no privacy violation here; those are both me)

DeletedUser20951

HEY! YOU! Yes, you! You are special! Do you know why? Because I am speaking to you and you alone (and everybody else who checks the fellowship recruiting pages), and my speech blesses all with importance! But, do you know how you could be even specialer? By joining the esteemed and storied ET, of course! YOU WILL JOIN NOW AND IMPROVE YOUR SPECIALNESS. I command thee!

...And that was almost painful to type. So. Many. Exclamation points!!! Whee!

DeletedUser20951

Good Luck to building a good fellowship:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Thank you! Gonna need luck, too, as I've never been willing to poach players from other fellowships, so I have to look for actives out by their lonesome and they usually want to be out on their own. XD

DeletedUser20951

WE GROW STRONGER. Well, up to eight members now, all of which are active, a few of which (besides myself) who are chatty, and earning that fourth chest is a breeze. Woo!!!

DeletedUser20951

It finally occurred to me, the main reason behind why I chose to open up membership and relinquish the mantle of solo play... so I would be less inclined to participate here in the forums. XD And it appears to be working. Yay! Anyway, it does what it is told. It joins. IT JOINS NOW.

DeletedUser20951

Alright, some of our fellows have a high interest in the Fellowship Adventures, and since I don't completely loathe it after the badge collection overhaul, we'll be making a go of it in the upcoming FA. I feel that participation in this part of the game should be voluntary, but if you enjoy the Adventures, you won't be forced to struggle through on your own here and your contributions would be welcomed with open arms.

DeletedUser20951

AND ECLECTIC TRAVERSE WAS MAGNIFICENT. In that we battled in the Adventure, FEROCIOUSLY, to the top of all three stages and claimed every flag as our own to impale upon the mangled corpses of our enemies. Even snagged, by the skin of our teeth, the hundredth ranked spot, too. Not bad. Not bad at all, and you, yes, YOU, could be a part of this glorious amalgam of engaged players, ranging from the vastly experienced to the brand spanking new, yet all dedicated and motivated to enjoy the game to the EXTREME... Or, rather, to each of our individual and varied level of active intensity.

DeletedUser20951

Muahahahahaha!!! Just had a new fellowship try to poach me, and informed them, more politely than I feel is warranted, that they had also let the Archmage know what they were attempting to do on the down-low, directly. Haven't heard back, but I do not endorse the practice in any way, shape, or form, and refuse to recruit in that manner. It is insulting, not simply to the fellowship they are trying to take fellows from, but to the fellows, themselves, as it implies that the players cannot make their own decision regarding where they reside. Even if I was looking for another group to join, I wouldn't be willing to become a member of those whose management engages in poaching, from a personal moral standpoint.

In brighter news, we've grown to ten players and grabbed a fifth chest in the tourney! Woo!

DeletedUser20951

Hmm... HMM... Now how can I further sell our merry little band of strange creatures? What do we have to offer that can't be found in another fellowship, besides the GLORIOUSNESS that is yours truly? Well, the other fellows are pretty great, too, and all of 'em speak, which has been a pleasant surprise, so I don't have to pretend to be social all of the time. Still, that's not that rare or unique. *taps chin thoughtfully and then slowly raises head to initiate uncomfortably direct eye contact* I WILL LAY WASTE TO YOUR ENEMIES. BRING RUIN TO THOSE WHO OFFEND THEE. I would be delighted to help in such a manner! : D

DeletedUser20951

A fellow said to me the other day that our smallish group (now eleven! Woo!) is much more active than a fellowship of twenty-four in another world that they are in, and I must admit that I am quite proud of our growth and liveliness. PROUD. Got some strong tournament players developing nicely, along with several adventure enthusiasts, KP threads for Wonder worship, frequent fair trading, and no aspect of the game is neglected. You could say we are... eclectic. *blows on claws and buffs them on cowl* Okay, I picked the name strictly for the irony of being the only member for many months while I enjoyed the silence of solo gaming, but that it is becoming a literal description does not displease me. All styles of play are respected and welcomed into the fold.

DeletedUser20951

*moonwalks into view, poses dramatically, and then twirls around with a flourish, trips over own feet, crashes into iron maiden placed in ornate basin in center of room, door slams shut* EEEEEEEEeeeeeEEEE!!! *screams from inside* JOOOOOIIIIIN USSSSSS!!! THIS ISN'T HERE FOR YOOOOOOOU!!!

DeletedUser20951

The clock is tick-tocking down to the start of the next Adventure! CLAIM YOUR (not) EXCLUSIVE AND EXTREMELY (not) SPECIAL SPOT TODAY. Up to twelve fellows now, but we must have more. MORE. *taps watch* Tick-tock! CAN'T YOU HEAR IT? Wait, I don't have any clocks that tick. WHERE IS THAT INFERNAL NOISE COMING FROM? No matter, JOIN.

Vergazi

The clock is tick-tocking down
*taps watch* Tick-tock! CAN'T YOU HEAR IT? Wait, I don't have any clocks that tick. WHERE IS THAT INFERNAL NOISE COMING FROM?
Then I heard it. It might have been an ant, a clock. But no. Louder, and still louder. They must hear it, and yet they sit and talk and talk. Of course they must! They know, they do! They're torturing me, watching me, letting it beat so that I... That I... Stop it! Stop it, you devils! Yes, yes, I did it! It's there, under the floor! Oh, stop it! It is the beating of his hideous heart!

DeletedUser20951

Then I heard it. It might have been an ant, a clock. But no. Louder, and still louder. They must hear it, and yet they sit and talk and talk. Of course they must! They know, they do! They're torturing me, watching me, letting it beat so that I... That I... Stop it! Stop it, you devils! Yes, yes, I did it! It's there, under the floor! Oh, stop it! It is the beating of his hideous heart!
POE QUOTE FOR THE WIN. I don't know what you win, but it's definitely a victory.

DeletedUser20951

...We have reached a holy number this day... because I have the maturity of a teenage- Okay, that's far too generous of a description. I have the maturity of a four-year-old child. Still, WE NOW HAVE THIRTEEN FELLOWS. Oh YEAH. More to join on Sunday, after the Adventure. Stay tuned for my- whatever reaction I have to it. I don't know, people. Things happen, I react and say stuff... As it should be, instead of building up ammunition ahead of time for points you don't even know might come.